Renovator Paint Runner Pro

Renovator Paint Runner Pro

See the Best Garden & Power Tools in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by TV Shop

Good job but not as advertised

Ive just used paint runner pro to drcorate my hall stairs and main living room.Yes you have to put in a lot of effort but result excellent.Edger was rubbish though so used a brush hence three stars

Purchased in May 2020.

Abhijith
AbhijithVictoria

Not Bad a Product for the money you pay!!.

I purchase it from TV shop and I understood that "you get what you pay for". It works fine but if the lid is not not closed properly they would be some leaks here and there.

Mmm, jury is still out?

Filled it, rolled forever trying to prime it, nipped out and got a traditional roller and tray, got back tried the runner pro, low and behold it was working, eventually.
No splatters used an extension pole to teach high places, I like it, tip fill it and leave a while whilst turning in resting tray to prime, have a coffee!

Not as advertised

Takes awhile for paint to come through, even after following instructions. Corner paint gadget not too good. You do get splatters on handle and your hands from roller. So it is best to cover up with sheets. Roller is a nice touch as to using a normal tray. But bit pricey if purchasing for that reason.

Needs small corrections

Used paint runner pro. Startred off well. No drips or spills. Then started leaking on one side and eventually the foam split and paint was everywhere. Used water based paint an it lasted 2 ceilings an two rooms and could not use by time we got to hallway. Was used by a prof painter so followed instructions. Cap.on opp side of paint entry kept dropping off. Not worth the money unless these things are rectified. iit also wont fit a standard extension pole, which is highly annpying and not specified on the ad.

Phil
Phil

Review update

Single Applicator for Large Surfaces

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
jjay
jjaySouth East Queensland, QLD

half n half

i bought a paint runner pro to do walls it was alot faster than a normal roller however i feel that the edged flocker should be made of the same mateeial as the large roller because the paint dries very quickly on it & theres no way to get it off without the sponge coming away..

L P
L P

It's ok.

Followed instructions but found that it doesn't cover evenly and looks streaky. It's ok but wouldn't recommend it. Definately not as even as shown on tv. A bit disappointed with product.

Nick
NickAdelaide

Imogen6

Imogen6 i can't believe you didn't persist trying the roller out before posting something like your first post. Granted you did post again a couple weeks later but there's plenty of potential readers out there taking in these reviews.. thanks

Happy with end result disappointed with the after clean up

I was a bit skeptical when I bought Paint Runner Pro, but my daughter & I just painted some areas in our house & we're very happy with the results! We found it easy to fill up & use. The only downside is that it is very difficult to clean the access paint off the external surface. Followed all instructions but still couldn't get paint off.

Not Bad but Not Good

I don't know why people are having problems with it leaking because it doesn't.
The only problem I'm having is all the lines the roller leaves on the wall. I let the wall dry after two or three coats then sanded the wall back to remove some lines and now trying again but after two new coats the line are back.
Easy to clean and you should only use water base paint.

racer
racer

really

Im really sick of seeing this junk on tv .
there is nothing wrong with a traditional roller or brush .
this thing wont actually speed up painting because a traditional is wider and has more options available as far as sleeves for covering
different substrates.
and you just cannot paint a wall properly in the stated "5 minutes" because you still need to cut in with a brush also the ads show people poorly using a traditional roller and tray who clearly have no idea what they are doing. dont get sucked in
it will be just be another gimmick taking up room in yr shed that will never get used again

promising

Need to learn how to use it. We have painted 4 rooms so far, 2undercoats,2 top coats ,including ceiling, fairly quick, all that paint must have gone somewhere ,certainly did not drip on floor, fill it about 3\4 full at a time, any fuller will run out, bit hard to start, don't push too hard, let it roll, finish is ok, don't let it get empty, need to stop and check once it gets lighter,a see through lid might be good,fairly happy but price is a rip off as it is dearer than advertised, corner tool is waste of time, but not sorry we bought 3 sets

Pat
PatWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Company refunded my money

Bought this tool in a moment of excitement looking for magic solutions for a big painting job. Decided very quickly after we had hung up and had handed over our credit details that it might not be as magical as one would hope! Ahh! But that's life - just take Donald Trump! But I diverge. To the company's credit, we were able to cancel our order immediately and had no trouble getting our money back. That is not to say that it doesn't work because we never actually used one. Cheers