2Rent a Bomb

Rent a Bomb

2Rent a Bomb
2.4

33% · 4279 · 63%
Brand Manager for Rent A Bomb? Claim your listing.

Dude c
Dude c

Dont use this rental company

Dirty thieves don't trust them or con karaindrou vehicles have faulty airbags cars aren't insured. And aren't serviced regularly death traps management gets told by the head office to take money straight out your bank account for things that you shouldn't be paying for ripped off by the head office in victoria

October 13th 2019 Update: About time

Rent a bomb mascot has been shut down finally but still owes people money they still haven't offered any explanation or outcome of where my money and deposit went rat bag operators Show details

Jeanette
Jeanette

Unreliable

Would literally cost you a bomb. Refuses to give an actual time frame for the claim to process and refuses to respond to my emails about the accident claim. Don’t bother with the trouble & disappointment. Definitely would not recommend.
yak35
yak35

Disgusting operators

Rent a bomb Dandenong are feral animals, you do not tell a customer to leave just because they didn't right down an occupation on their dodgy piece of paper...absolutely gob smacked at being spoken to like that.

Megsaroony
Megsaroony

James was great,yes a bomb but that's what I payed for. Very clean with air and comfortable. As Arnie says Ill Be Back

Nic
Nic

Car filthy and unroadworthy

I booked a saver car for a day as my own car was at the mechanic. The car was filthy and crawling with ants. The seat belt was unroadworthy with a red tag visable saying replace belt. When I complained I was told I should have returned it for a change over. I wasn't able to because I needed to be somewhere. I was told I would get a discount on my next hire. I returned requesting a 8 day hire on their cheapest upgrade vehicle and was quoted $480 with an extra km allowance as a discount. This is exorbitant considering i found a newer car with unlimited km for $307 with another company. They told me they couldn't give me the cash discount promised when I complained. I have photos of the state of the car and will be reporting it.

Briony
Briony2 posts
stellaF
stellaFAU6 posts

Rent A Bomb Tullamarine

Great customer service as always as John is always a pleasure to deal with. Nothing wrong with the car, reliable as always, despite their name :)

Is my go to car rental every visit to Melbourne. Thanks again guys.

Kristian
Kristian

Absolutely sensational

James and the team are the absolute best. Can't speak highly enough of them. They should be proud of the service they deliver

Maureen
MaureenKimberley, WA2 posts

Excellent service

Thanks Paul and crew for your help and fantastic communication for my recent rental at Tullamarine. See you next time ! Regards

Maureen

amoon
amoon

Hamish
Hamish

Excellent rental car company

Excellent service and great fleet of reliable vehicles. All seem well maintained and tidy. Well priced and much more convenient than taxis and buses. Friendly staff too!

Fitzy
FitzyDakabin6 posts

Jens car

I recently purchased a vehicle from rent a bomb brisbane northside great service from staff very friendly and helpful Car running great, good fuel economy very comfortable good price etc

Marg
MargPerth2 posts

Rent a Bomb Tullamarine was First Class

Efficient, reliable car, excellent pricing and superior customer service from Paul at Tullamarine. How refreshing it was to communicate personally with the guy who runs the store. The personal attention in correspondence with Paul made our travel plans so much smoother and he very ably accommodated our requests. I wish I had used Rent a Bomb years ago ... I would have saved hundreds of dollars. Give them a try.

JT1
JT1Sydney, NSW12 posts

Gold Coast Rent A Bomb Great Staff, Reliable Bomb

Matt at Rent A Bomb Gold Coast is a very nice, friendly guy.

We had a good reliable car and would definitely rent from them again.

The car was very clean and for $23 per day who could complain

Maria
MariaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Excellent service from Rent a Bomb Preston

Have rented a few times though the Preston branch, and have always found them great value for money, with friendly & helpful customer service. Starting from $35 a day, the vehicles of course are fairly basic but get the job done well. Especially great for me as I usually hire to collect eBay/Gumtree furniture purchases, so getting a ute or station wagon for so cheap is amazing. I also really appreciate being able to leave a cash deposit, as opposed to a credit card pre-authorisation that can sometimes take weeks to be returned. Will continue to hire from here :)

Denise and Glenn
Denise and Glenn

Rent a Bomb Tullamarine

Easy to book. Paul was very helpful corresponding via email with my many questions as I had never used the company before but will definitely use them again. We had a lovely new Hyundai Accent. If drove perfectly and was very comfortable. We were picked up from the airport by a shuttle bus and returned to the airport by one of the workers. Thank you again.

SadCustomer
SadCustomer

Rip off

Very stinky cars. Couldn't drive without windows open. No credit for bringing back car full of fuel when nearly empty when picked up. Never again. Price not same as advertised.

Sparrow6670
Sparrow6670

Andys car hire brisbane

Same day hire. They picked me up from my home to go there and hire car. Car was in great condition and service was great . Was the easiest hire 8ve ever used.. cost me $384 for 14 days and only $300 security deposit. Amazing service will be using again...

Elizabeth
ElizabethSydney18 posts

Basic saver vehicles never available from Cairns branch - false advertising of prices

I am growing very suspicious of this company and the prices advertised. My friends and I have all made numerous attempts to book the basic saver vehicle at $21 per day from the Cairns branch and each time we have been told it is unavailable. Upon further questioning as to when these rates will be available Rent a Bomb respond that the cars are 'all on long term rentals at the moment' with no specific dates/timeframe given at all. I think this is possibly a bit of a scam or they should update their website to reflect accurate pricing and availability.

smok
smokCentral Queensland, QLD148 posts

Disgusting service. And their prices are outrageous

I organised a quote through Rent-a-Bomb and seriously, the website quotes $39 for a small car, however I was quoted $80 a day + $9 per day mandatory cover. That's bloody ridiculous considering I contacted another hire company near Sydney airport only to be offered a "As New" Corolla for my 5 day stay for $275 including picking it up and dropping it off at the airport. Can't figure out their prices but Rent-A-Bomb lost my business. I don't recommend them especially if they are going to rip off their customers like that.

Moneygone
Moneygone5 posts

Wouldn't recommend

Hired a bomb alright, car was cheap and for the money that's what you got.

Found out three months later that someone was using my credit card after I had returned home to my country.

Bank called me to say it looked dodgy and total of $900 was used after we had left Australia.

Penelope
Penelope

An excellent service. Always very helpful

Customer service was excellent

Extremely easy to make a booking

The last car I had was very good. Several prior were not so good and I had to change car but it was never a problem

Ingrid
Ingrid

Fantastic Service !

I had an excellent experience with Rent a Bomb Brisbane. Very friendly helpful service very easy to book. The car was clean and in good condition. Highly recommend the Brisbane team !

David and Ann Turner
David and Ann Turner

Excellent service, price, airport transfers

Very easy to book. When my husband didn't have a credit card they allowed me to use mine. No other rental car service would allow that to be done. The customer service was prompt, polite & helpful. The car was good. Very efficient on fuel.

Ann V
Ann V

Good service!

It was easy and reasonably priced with efficient service. The car was clean and mechanically sound. They are open at convenient hours. Friendly service and central location. Will use this company again.

Denise
Denise

great service

very easy to book over the phone and online

very friendly customer service both face to face and over the phone

value for money for my needs and economically viable options

lui
luimelbourne

No full tank (Hoppers Crossing Branch)

Booking was easy, but 100 Km limit was not mentioned at the time of booking. Also the truck I rented was dirty all over and the power steering faulty (wobbly).

On returning the truck the person in charge (man) was demanding for me to fill up the tank even though the truck was given to me with the tank a little over half tank. He got upset because I refuse to pay him $50 extra for diesel. Eventually he ripped me off $31 being for Diesel and extra Kms.

He was talking to me in fractions i.e 7/8 as well as litres I don't think that he has any idea about the metric system we use in Australia.

Won't be doing business with this car rental in the near future bad experience.

Sharni
Sharni

**Tullamarine Rent a Bomb **This place is a disgrace! Don't waste your time or money

***Tullamarine Rent A Bomb is a disgrace *** Don't waste your time or money *** They rent out unreliable/unroadworthy cars without taking responsibility if something goes wrong! Will leave you on the side of the road for 6 hours then refuse a rightful refund. Hideous that a business like this could be allowed to operate in Australia.

Stel
StelAdelaide

Highly recommend Tullamarine Rentabomb

Awesome service, great communication and great to deal with them. Car was decent and cheap as and well looked after. Will always use their service every time I'm in Melbourne.

Mike P
Mike P4 posts

Avoid like the plague

Booked a car for 3 days via their website. Called them to check the car would be available at the requested time. Rude guy at South Melb store asked me where i was driving to. Ummm none of your business? Then said actually it's a minimum 5 day hire as it's over Easter. Sooo why would your website allow a 3 day booking?

Shocking service, go elsewhere

Bernadette G
Bernadette GSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Great value with excellent service

Easy to create a booking. Dealing with such efficient, friendly & helpful young people was a pleasure. They even gave us a GPS at no extra cost. The car was very clean & mechanically good & drove really well. The paint work was a little rough, but at just $35 a day with no extra cost it was great value, specially for those on a pension or low income. They picked us up from the airport & returned us back We highly recommend this company. Thank you all at Rent a Bomb

G.F
G.F

Don't rent from Tullamarine!

Just horrendous experience. My key broke in the ignition. The men treated me with such disrespect. Not helpful and completely rude. Spend the extra money and get a decent car and decent service.

Glen
Glen

Good Value

Easy to create a booking on line or by telephone.

Customer service was good.

Car was a Camry, it was good, reliable, suitable for my requirements, and met its functional requirements.

Nani
NaniWollongong

Excellent service

Very easy to make a booking, customer service very friendly. I got an older Camry Sedan but drove really well especially in the open road ,the car was very clean too. it is really great value. I definitely recommend to my friends.

Thanks alot Rent a bomb!

Not happy jan
Not happy janMelbourne

Try another store..ie oakleigh

Omg.muffler blew out after 2 days they said they swap over when I did the car crappier than what I had. Lady on counter 40s red hair very rude.. stood there with clip board hand out.. no hello or creating. Felt like I had done something wrong ...calln head off..

Annabel
Annabel

Friendly and fast service, good car - does the job for half the price!

Rent a bomb is a company with personality! It was easy to book, a reliable service and the car was fine. Obviously not an awesome, modern car but over the Xmas period it was very hard to find a car for a reasonable rate, so rent-a-B was the place to go! I recommend it and will go back, regardless of season.

Rushby
Rushby3 posts

Rent a Bomb (Sydney Airport)

We just had an old Camry rental for 8 days from Rent a Bomb, in Botany Rd, Mascot. I am giving them 5 stars on the basis of value for money and service. Yes it was a bit of a bomb, but mechanically every thing worked and the engine ran smoothly. The staff picked us up and dropped us off at the airport and were friendly and efficient. On my experience I would use them again and recommend them.

Blanca
Blanca

Brisbane

Really appreciated the efficient service at the Brisbane branch during the Christmas holidays... the car was clean and tidy and ran well, Air-Conditioning was freezing cold, and the staff were easy do deal with.

They're only about 5 mins from the airport and run a free pickup and drop off service :)

Lisa
LisaMelbourne

Brisbane

our car was neat and tidy, the customer service was excellent we also had everything explained, given contact numbers, super friendly and more than helpful. would absolutely use them again.

Georgia
Georgia

Lots of hidden fees and gave us a dodgy car

Didn't tell us about the hidden cleaning fees, and didn't explain the cost per kilometre until we had already booked the car. Quote was crap because half the cost comes from these hidden fees. Headlights didn't work and made the car dangerous and they didn't care when we reported it. They say you will get your deposit back but you won't cos they will take what they can.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Rent A Bomb? Claim your listing.