Rentalcars.com

Rentalcars.com (page 2 of 35)

1.3

Rodrigo G.

Rodrigo G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I will never rent a car with them again!

I will never rent a car with them again!!!
Very easy to pay for the Insurance, but impossible to claim for the cover.
I rented a car and contracted their Full Cover insurance, but when I needed them they said it is another company and they don't have any responsibility. It is frustrating, disappointing and stressful. I thought I was contracting the rental company's insurance, but it was not. So I have an accident and the rental company did not have any record of any insurance.
RentalCars told me to contact RentalCover and them they ask for many documents that shouldn't be needed as I contracted the insurance when I rented the car.
I don't believe them anymore.

Vehicle TypeHyundai Accent
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle
sam t.

sam t.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible company

Terrible company to deal with. Firstly charged me for using Tolls even though I'd paid for them via my own account. Should have learnt my lesson then.
Secondly had to return a car early due to Covid 19 and Queensland Government shutting borders and they refused to refund or give credit for remaining days.

Keith A.

Keith A.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Avoid this company at all cost

We had to cut short our trip in Perth owing to the Coronavirus Covid-19. After spending over an hour with this company to claim a partial refund (a mere 2 days), they said it was not their policy to reimburse us for cutting short our car hire. Despite being a repeat customer of Rentalcars.com, I could not rate this company low enough. If I could provide a negative rating I certainly would. Please be warned go through the individual car hire companies direct, as this third party company is definitely NOT consumer orientated. Once they have your money they will not refund it even under reasonable circumstances.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Ridiculous and dishonest

Paid and bought extra car insurance via phone after making a online booking for car hire in Romania. Lady on the phone seem nice enough to explain insurance details, full protection =100%cover. That was crap, had to pay extra euros 174 in Romania for another full insurance when collecting the car from klass wagen. Apparently protection doesn’t equals full cover! Just book through the bigger companies with save u a heartache overseas!

aussiealoha

aussiealoha

Shocking - avoid at all costs and book directly with euro rental company

Vehicle TypeNissan Maxima

Quick to charge, slow to refund

Yeah, alright, I have received a $96 refund out of the $212 rental cost that should never have been occurred thanks to the notorious coronavirus and SA's sudden announcement regardless of the fact most cases are brought by oversea travellers, dragging interstate travelling down the abyss. Guaranteed I will never use a website that charges an INTERNATIONAL transaction fee despite EVERYTHING happens in the commonwealth from the east coast to the south.

Booking Process

Please be careful, they will not help you

Cancelled a booking within 46 hours (vs 48 policy) given Covid19 changes to the status of Tasmania... “nothing we can do” ... not even a credit. Poor form for corporate giant!

Renata Fanti

Renata Fanti

100% refund easily and fully reimbursed - highly rate this company

Beginning of Feb 2020, I made a car reservation in Spain for 30 days between June/July (extremely cheap FYI). After reading all the policies on their website, i made the decision to pay for the full value given benefit of getting all the money back if cancel before 48 hours of the reservation. I just cancelled it yesterday via a few clicks online and less than a couple hours after, received an email proving the cancellation was made successfully and free of charge. Highly rate it!

Angry Oldie

Angry OldieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Copped a foreign transaction fee for cancellation

David W.

David W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not happy

Great original price on the car for 4 days. The trouble came when I asked if I could return the car 7-8 hours later in the day. Obviously I expected to pay an extra days hire for this time as it took me past the extra 24 hours. What I didn't expect was the company to say that they would double the price of the whole four days for the ability to add an extra 7-8 hours on.

Vehicle TypeHolden Commodore
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Rentalcars.com - When an apparent cheap deal becomes expensive!

Andy

AndyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware poor rental cars.com service when something goes wrong

Vehicle TypeHolden Commodore
Firefly33

Firefly33Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wish I'd thought to check the reviews before booking.

Bård O.

Bård O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cancelled by the leasor less than 24 hours before my pick up time.

Crap service

Worst company to deal with, never book with them ever again, would advise anyone looking at going through them to not do it, you will end up out of cash or stranded at an airport, company tried to say we missed our pick up time but had spoken previously with them to change time. Company full of lies and trying to get more money

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Bianca B

Bianca BPerth, WA

Waste of time middle man with no help - would give a zero

Vehicle TypeBMW 1 Series
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Terrible experience do not bother!!

Gaurav Saxena

Gaurav SaxenaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Price Match Guarantee within rentalcars,com is to make client fool

I have booked a car from rentalcars.com. The car was expensive and charged AUD 24 than what competitor was offering. When I approached them, they ask me to put competitor details on the tool and customer care will come back to me within 24 Hours.

There was no contact done by them for almost 4 days and after 4 days, I received an email saying they could not find the details. I will definitely not recommend users to book through their portal and rather directly to car hire websites for better deal.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30
Leonie McCreedy

Leonie McCreedySouth East Queensland, QLD

Discovery Campervans

Stay away from Discovery Campervans!!!!
They are bad news! When I tried to amend the drop off date 31days prior to pickup I was told I would be charged the full amount regardless of drop off date. Lies, lies, lies! Same day I found a cheaper price online for the same vehicle and asked them to honour this price. They advised I would loose 20% cancellation fee to rebook. Be careful, even thought the Terms & Conditions for each rental company are listed on thier web page they also have thier own Terms and Conditions.
Beware the rental company charge 10% cancellation fee 90-22days prior to pick up but Discovery Campervans charge 20%.

Asim

AsimGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst experience

Had to wait at the rental company for hours just because of rentalcars.com’s defective systems and processes. I called customer service and the agent accepted the issue was at their end and that my paid amount would be refunded. He requested to book directly from the rental company and that the difference in cost would be paid in full later. But later they refused to pay the difference.

Worst part is they even deducted 30 AUD from the refund they made on my original booking and didn’t even bother to respond on my complaint.

Worst customer service and experience...