Rentalcars.com

Rentalcars.com (page 2 of 32)

See the Best Car Hire Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Josephine

JosephineSydney, NSW

Terrible experience

Never again!

Worst customer experience of my life, do not go through these guys. I really can’t work out how Australian businesses would be affiliated with this organisation. I am a 44 year old businessman who has had a lot of dealings over the years with a whole range of organisations and I have never seen anything like these guys - be warned, they may be a bit cheaper than car dealers direct, but it’s not worth the pain

Maree

MareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

If I Could Give A Negative Star I Would

Paid for my car and took what I believed was a deposit bond. Asked for three weeks for my bond back and was told to fill out a form and wait, (could be 28days!!!) ONLY to be told there was no bond! Why would I pay $176 for a car for one day when the car cost $76. Europcar told me not to use them when I went to pick up the car and pay another bond!!! They knew best.... Please be warned with this company!

Vehicle TypeToyota Corolla
Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle

RIP off , dont use them

Came to oz from NZ, accidentally left licence in scanner, couldn't take car. Because of that and not ringing at collection time about it due to needing to bebun Brisbane in 2 hours via public transport, they kept the rental money for the whole ten day trip, not just a cancellation fee, the whole lot. TRIPZ, the pick up company did not advise is to ring immediately or lose everything, they just said email or ring when your ready, been emailing for 2 days, cancellation fee I can understand keeping the lot I cant understand.

Car hire rip off

Car hire rip offSydney, NSW

Ripped off by rental cars.com hire car scam

Rental cars .com ripped off hired a car but had to cancel one hour later they had the audacity to charge me not only the full price of hire but also a percentage of the insurance reduced excess I also paid for I work for Qantas Australia and have used many travel and holiday services and have never been ripped off by any other company untill rental cars.com come along I will never use this company again and would advise you to do the same read your contracts carefully as they will not advise you about this when making a booking (scammers )

Shelly

ShellyCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Awful website, stay away forever!

I felt very angry that I had booked a car from Rentalcars.com for my husband today. It is a very awful website! We had been treated by the enclosed costs which was AUD175 charged by them when my husband picked up the car !

Chris

ChrisRedlands

No car and no refund

Anthony K

Anthony KFar North Queensland, QLD

Stay away at all costs... dont be lured by cheap rent

No, no, no , no, no... thats about it...JUST NO!!....
Don't do it... Do not book RENTALCARS.COM... unless you want headaches attached to your holiday.

After cancelling a booking i was given the complete runaround to try and collect a refund...luckily it was only one day and not that much.. but the trick is to try and make it as difficult and confusing as possible that people like me just give up in trying.
This is not a one off experience unfortunately... i was foolish enough to try them for the second time ...different headaches... same company!!...
Just dont do it!!

Vehicle TypeKia Carnival
Darren

DarrenSydney, NSW

Do not book with rentalcars.com!

Rentalcars.com are not a car rental company, they are just a website operator with limited hours of operation and terrible service.
I was one hour late to collect a car due to a flight delay and rentalcars.com were closed (at 6pm) with no after hours service. We had accommodation booked 2 hours away and had to get another rental car.
When I called rentalcars.com the next day they cancelled the booking and refused to give me a refund, even they had not paid the funds to the actual car rental company and their confirmation said nothing about closing at 6pm.
I will never book with a website operator again and will always book directly with a reputable car hire company in the future.

JInPerth

JInPerthPerth WA

Pickup location was an empty lot

No one at the pickup location. I called to ask, they put me on hold then hung up on me. I finally worked out (without their help) where to go... 9km further away! Then they’d booked an automatic when I had ordered (and they’d confirmed) a manual. Rubbish

So confusing

So many different quotes you have no idea what you are actually paying and what you are actually getting. Then they charge you an international transaction fee which was not told about. Then there is no communication to local car hire place.

Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Rentalcars.com goes for profits not for promises and providing service.

Will never use again

My car rental was cancelled, through no fault of my own, by the hire company when I went to collect the car. To date, Rentalcars has refused to refund my prepayment of $310, which I am lawfully entitled to. The correspondence from its reservations division has been dismissive, arrogant and patronising.

Elif

Elif

Don't waste your time and money, book directly with a reputable rental company

Rentalcars is dealing with multinational as well as local car rental companies which are marginally cheaper and operate at a much lower service standard then the big internationals. Rentalcars's customer service is useless and keeps on beating around the bush in case of a non standard inquiry. They failed to resolve my issue 3 months after I returned the car at the airport. Next time I will deal directly with a multinational rental company, not have to wait 2Hrs at the pickup counter and not have to chase the final invoice after my credit card has already been debited.

Vehicle TypeSmall car

The Worst telephone customer service

The English customer service telephone advisor was rude, patronising and arrogant. Most definitely in the wrong job. Will not book with them AGAIN... FACT. All I was wanting was a re confirmation email of our booking. He kept stipulating data protection, because I was the wife and I booked for my husband in his name , husband was at the side of me too, even though we gave all the security questions answers . I would not expect the tone of the SERVICE advisor under any circumstances, especially when he is representing the brand name.

Ray Green

Ray GreenNorth Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware, an unholy alliance

Comments made by other negative reviewers is consistent with my experience.
RentalCars is a broker services; in my case there were three parties.
I took out insurance through RentalCars and was required to pay a "deposit". Fortunately I did not have an incident requiring insurance cover. Given the difficulty in dealing with any of the three players post hire, I dread what I might have experienced if I had had an accident; however three weeks on I am still chasing the deposit.

Vehicle TypeSubaru Forester

Rene

ReneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Avoid at all costs

Poor service. I hired a car through Rentalcar.com who refused to provide any service what so ever after I collected the car from the company they brokered. I was delayed and unable to contact rental company after 10 calls over three days. Rentalcar refused to assist with contacting hire company stating we were now purely in contract with hire company. Best to deal with companies directly, as Rentalcar offers no follow up service

Never Again

Never AgainMid North Coast, NSW

I wouldn't even rate this company...

No car....No one answered any of the advertised phone numbers....
Alamo (the car rental company) distanced themselves and said nothing to do with us...Even though alamo was selected through rentacars.Com....Scam....Total waste of time..

goulash

goulashsydney

Deceptive and unforgiving business.

Made a booking at 9am for a 2pm same day pick up for 3 day hire.
I cancelled at 10am with atlas rentals over the phone due to not needing car anymore.

I still got charge for the 3 day hire even though i cancelled well in advance..

Rentalcars washed there hands from the situation so did atlas..

Will be doing a chargback to get my money back.

Vehicle TypeSmall hatch

Katie

KatiePerth, WA

Zero customer service

There was a mistake in our booking. Tried to call their customer service to fix it. The employee put me on hold then after 10 minutes hung up! We will never use these cowboys again!