Repair Mate

Repair Mate

See the Best Phone / Computer Repair Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

ANNA

ANNANorth Western Region, NSW

I will be getting in touch with Current Affair

We have been treated like criminals with this company. My husband used Repair mate to fix our LG g6 phone and was asked to pay $214 before currier. then we were contacted to pay an additional $99 as they had to break the back of the phone to repair the screen. As we are desperate to get our phone back we had to pay the additional charges, which was only explained after they repaired it and kept phone as hostage.
IF my phone was not fixed with original parts I will take this matter further.
YOU ARE WARNED

Excellent service.

We are in Ellwood from Cape Town visiting family. My wife dropped her phone last night and cracked the touch screen to the extent that the phone could not be used. We took it to Repair Mate in Carnegie where Kal gave us the most amazing service. The phone is a Huawei P lite SA issue and not common in Australia. Not withstanding this, Kal tracked down a replacement screen and had it couriered to Carnegie and the phone was ready the same afternoon. Thank you.

KenE

KenESURREY HILLS

Excellent and Ethical Service

I contacted Repair Mate suspecting that the battery in my Nexus 5X had died. Austin took my call, and carefully listened to the symptoms, and gave the opinion that the most probable cause was a failed motherboard. He said that they could investigate the cause for a fee of $49, which would be absorbed in the cost of battery replacement if that proved to be the cause. He made it clear that it may be smarter to save the outlay. I unreservedly commend Repair Mate for its ethical behaviour. I subsequently met Austin, and he gave advice about a replacement, which confirmed my impression of his skill and good practice.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

Not sure how companies like this stay in business. This company uses sub standard parts without informing you prior to proceeding, they say they use only best quality, don't believe it. When you have a problem they refuse to do anything about it.

Bring a good quality phone with glass screen for replacement and you will get a rubbish plastic replacement. They then tell you you shoild have put a screen protector on. What a joke, now out of pocket.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Jeremy J

Jeremy JSydney

Three times to be repaired in 6 months and still not working

Great service, friendly staff

Brought in my phone for repair (overseas model, not sold in Australia). They ordered in the parts and repaired it the next day. I dropped the phone a week later, disconnecting the battery and they fixed it free of charge.

Rohith

RohithDocklands

My volume button for Oppo R 11 S Plus phone got jammed and Repair mate(CBD branch) fixed it(provided a work around) free of cost. Also They have got very good customer friendly staffs.
Thanks for the service

Lovely repairman really helped me out a lot!

I cracked my Sony Xperia Z2 screen on the bottom right corner and the touchscreen stopped responding normally. I took it to the Carnegie kiosk and Yadav working there looked at it but unfortunately the part he tried to fix it with didn't fit well. I was a bit flustered but after tossing up multiple options and wasting his time, he said he could get a part ordered in from the city ASAP to come in the next morning. And that's exactly what he did! Otherwise I would have had to wait over Easter weekend and get it back on Tuesday the next week. By the next morning my phone was perfectly fixed and he was so so lovely throughout the whole service. Really appreciated his help and am very happy with the phone!

They ruined my phone, it no longer works in any capacity

After paying $149 to have my touchscreen replaced, 1 hour after collection it fatally aborted and will no longer work. I emailed them to see if they would offer a refund as it was obvious the phone died as a result of their handy work, and they sent me an extremely rude reply saying a big fat NO. I have a google nexus LG phone, not a common phone, my invoice says they replaced the screen with a huawei screen so clearly they dont know what they are doing if you dont have an iphone or something equally common. Be ware. Wasted my money, and ruined my phone.

Price boggles the mind.

This company want $99 for fitting a replacement back cover which is freely available online for $5-$10 inc delivery, and which is a part expressly designed to be removed/replaced by the user. Then they disclaim: "phone may not retain waterproofing ability", which means it's obviously not an original, highly overpriced Motorola-supplied part then either.

It takes under 30 seconds to replace this part. Highway robbery.

Screen Repair in 20mins

I made a booking with repairmate and then dropped by after work. I was looked after straightaway and the screen only took 20mins to fix! I am very impressed with the speed and the service, and $69.00 is excellent value.
I wanted to fix the cracks before they caused any further damage to the touch screen, and now my phone continues to work perfectly.
Thanks Sam at the Carnegie kiosk, great job. I'll come back again.

Do not waste your time or money like they have wasted mine.

I have had the same terrible experience as some of the other reviewers where I trusted Repair Mate to fix my phone and not once but twice did I have to go back with issues caused by them. The second time I was told that it was my fault and the warranty was void when the problem is something that, according to Google, is mainly caused by dodgy DIY screen replacements. Unprofessional and no responsibility/accountability. I also felt ganged up on by the repairer and the assistant at the desk. Do not waste your time or money.

z1z2z3z4

z1z2z3z4

Do not use Repair Mate, extremely dishonest and failed to fix phone and charged $214

Great prompt service!

I attended repair mate in carnegie and was very happy with quick efficient service to fix my iPhone, friendly customer service and helpful advice. Thankyou very much for your help!

Mickpick

MickpickMelbourne

Fast and affordable service!

My iPhone 5 went completely dead, which I suspected was battery-related but wasn't sure. I took it to Repair Mate Express at Carnegie to have it looked at. Even though there seemed to be a charge to have the issue diagnosed, the only staff member at the store told me the $49 charge with that would be used to offset the actual repair cost. Had my battery replaced in 20 minutes, was charged $49 altogether and he even replaced my glass screen cover for free! Got a 3 month warranty with the battery. He was very polite and friendly all throughout. Service was great and efficient, would recommend!

Quick and limited fuss

Friendly staff and no fuss attitude ..... repaired quickly and would recommend this Carnegie kiosk for others to use anytime

Marm

Marm

Brilliant Fly Wire Repair Roll.

This is just brilliant! It sticks well and covers torn mesh, I would recommend it to anyone. Well worth the outlay.

SCAMMERS

VR

VRVictoria

I have got my Sony Xperia Z1 repaired by RepairMate as per price quoted online. Great service, kind crew and quick and prompt repair process. It took 1.5 hour to get my order and replace screen/display. I was receiving email notifications on every step of the process. I would definitely recommend it for all.

Anthony L

Anthony LMelbourne

Excellent Phone Repairs

I took my phone to this place and they were brilliant repaired my Sony Xperia on the spot for fraction of cost quoted by sony authorised repairer. Thank you so much!