Retro Play Arcade and Pinball Builders

Retro Play Arcade and Pinball Builders Questions & Answers

Armored S

Is it legal to sell these machines with the trademark art and games? Currently awaiting a phone call from the ACCC in Australia as well as the USITC here in the US.

Not about to place a bunch of illegal machines in my friends bar.

Armored S

If in fact this retailer is selling illegal goods, simply reach out to ACCC or if in the US the USITC. You can also call Disney @ 818-560-3300 to see if this seller has the rights to use their Trademarks & Games.

I summitted a request to Disney, and will be getting a call back on the answer as they were not able to provide one over the phone at the time. In most cases reaching out to the legal departments of the IP owners of the Trademarks will yield you a far quicker response then from any government agencies. Such as Disney, Nintendo, DC Universe, Capcom, Microsoft, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures etc...

It is always a good practice to make sure you are indeed buying something legal when it comes to big name IPs such as these. Unless you are going to use them in your personal homes then I wouldn't worry to much I guess?

It is also always good practice to submit a request for a simple copyright infringement check on any retailer if you suspect any type of foul play. If they are operating in good faith, no harm no foul other then some wasted time on your part (which should be less then 30 mins if that).

So if you are going to spend your hard earn cash, do some work to ensure your own safety and at the same time the safety of others if in fact you do happen to stumble across someone who is acting in bad faith.

Gman

David, are you going to provide my refund? Our VCAT "Compulsory conference" will be coming up soon which we can avoid. Though you already need to add $233.80 on to what you already owe me to cover the legal fees I'll be claiming for having to make the application after you ignored Consumer Affairs Victoria's attempts to talk to you and all my attempts. Let's make sure that doesn't need to increase.

That's $6,498.80 you currently owe me.

Gman

Those looking into the legitimacy of RetroPlay, don't be fooled by the influx of positive reviews for small items (ssds and USBs) that conveniently contradict all the negative reviews they're burrying. Sort by negative reviews for an accurate view of what's going on. And contact me if you're another victim. I'll keep you in the loop for the VCAT cases and possible class action we're looking in to

EDIT 28/11/22: FYI, I'm up to 8 contacts who are all having the same issues. Paid, promised their machines are basically done, heard nothing for months, silence. My VCAT Case should begin in December 2022 and we should be able to make it a multi victim case if you haven't managed to get your money back by then.

Gman

To add to the above. There is now a Facebook support group for legal action, assistance and information available. Just search for "RetroPlay Oz "where's my machine or refund" Support Group"... We have 54 members so far :(

trento

I tried to warn many 11months ago. I went through the VCCC and finally got a refund. Good luck. BTW, the guy I believe still lives in Traralgon VIC and shouldn’t be too hard to track down..

Matt Taylor

Hi Dave. I have sent a letter of demand for a refund of my deposit. It is not a surprise I have not heard back from you. Feel free to respond Dave, I will update the progress of this process each week so others can be informed. Matt

jpeerson24
jpeerson24

Can you let me know how this goes I’m in the same situation with them.

I have received a refund from Retro Play

Lucky !

Matt Taylor

Hi Dave. Did you get my recent email?

mario
mario

Hello.

Michael N.

Hello David, is it possible for you to reply back to me regarding the shipments I haven't received in regards to the items not installed in my machine and the items that are broke and not working. Your machine sells come with a warranty which your not honoring. It's now going on the third month and I would like my machine to work.

Thank you.

LMB

I was looking at getting a pinball from this company. Have you got your machine sorted? Do you recommend purchasing from this company? What problems have you had?

Thanks for your time.

Michael N.

Too many issues to list however if you're in Australia I would check out Dave's new showroom for yourself would be best.if you're from the states I would also take a look at extreme pinball company they have a YouTube channel as well. I've also talked about some issues on my channel.. it's under scoobee do. my best advice is what you're doing now, which is ask questions and do your research.

LMB

Thanks. I will check out your YouTube Channel.

Retro Play Arcade and Pinball Builders
Retro Play Arcade and Pinball Builders   DM

Michael you and I both know I am sorting the issues you have had. the machine arrived damaged, damaged during international transport. And in addition to that yes you had some problems which we are resolving, including a broken plunger. The replacement parts were sent to you but you only received some of those parts, but please you know im not ignoring you! We have made you a new backglass and olunger module and that is being sent to you again.

Michael N.

Yes, I understand.. please understand that with that said, the box you did send was only half full.. there was no shaker motor and no plunger module in the box. I also understand putting the Backglass and dmd in a seperate shipment to keep safe. The issue was the shaker motor not being in the box and of course not getting the Backglass.. and the solonoids (which is not needed now, which is a good thing)
I'm just wanting to get this all finished ..and if your sending the stuff... Awesome, I would like to know when.. not having any dates is frustrating. That all.. if you can tell me when dhl is picking up would be appreciated. Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Retro Play Arcade and Pinball Builders representatives