4Revitive Medic

Revitive Medic Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
John W.
John W. · Medic

Hello there. What should I be feeling when my Revitive Medic is working? I do not want to have the setting too high or too low. I have swollen feet and legs. My legs feel warm while my feet feel cold.
On another note, a couple of bars on the display aren't working. Should I send the unit back for repairs?

Revitive   DM

Hi John, You should have it on a setting where you are getting strong calf contractions in order to get the best results. If you feel any discomfort whilst using the device then it's set too high and you should lower the intensity.

Having good hydration will help the device to work better so we recommend drinking a big glass of water before using the device and applying a small amount of moisturiser to the soles of your feet and massaging in well.

Please give us a call 07 5443 9767 regarding the display and our customer service team will trouble shoot and see if the device needs to come back for repair.

ann d.
ann d. · Medic

I'm have pain in feet since starting using revitive

Revitive   DM

Hi Ann, Sorry you are experiencing this, it is possible that if you have the device up too high you might be experiencing some muscle fatigue. If this is the case we recommend you lower the intensity and see if that helps. Please feel free to call our customer service team - 07 5443 9767 and they will be able to ask you some more questions to get to the bottom of why you may be experiencing this and offer some solutions.

Jane B.
Jane B. · Medic

Hi I have purchased the revitive circulation booster with the pads i have been using it everyday and so far so good my varicose veins seem to be better my question is will the thigh pads help to tone up my thighs thank you

Revitive A.
Revitive A.

Hi Jane,
It's good to hear that you are seeing results with your varicose veins. If you are wanting to build the muscles in your thighs you would need our Medic Coach Knee which comes with the vigorous program which is specifically designed for the thigh pads to strengthen your thigh muscles. We do not recommend the thigh pads are used with the Medic device because it uses the same electrical current over a larger area it leads to less effective performance . If you have any further questions you can call - 07 5443 9767 or email - info.au@actegy.com our customer service team and they will be happy to answer any queries you may have.

Robert P.
Robert P. · Medic

I have been using revitive circulation booster for a couple of weeks every day but it seems that I have had to turn up the setting because I wasn't getting the same sensation does this mean my numbness has become worse.

Revitive   DM

Hi Robert, it could be a hydration issue, if your feet are dry, cold or your body is dehydrated you may need to use a higher intensity level to feel the same intensity. Ensure the soles of your feet and legs are well moisturized and drink plenty of water before and after using the device. The device uses your body to create the electrical circuit. Water is an excellent conductor of electricity and if your body is less hydrated (below 60%), then the stimulation may be less. It is always important to remain well hydrated. It is possible that you may need to increase the intensity over time but the first step would be to ensure you are hydrated.

If you have any further questions please feel free to give us a call - 07 5443 9767

Lynne Watson · Medic

My mum has a number of health issues, including cellulitis, kidney problems, high blood pressure & diabetes (diet managed), but more importantly she has a pacemaker. What exactly are the side effects when using the Revitive regarding the pacemaker. We recently purchased a unit through the home package funding to try and reduce the swelling in her legs, however we may need to return it if it proves too dangerous for her to use, which will be very disappointing as the advertising showed some promise of giving her some long awaited relief

Kind regards

Les B

Re votive, when used as a foot and legs add temperature has no effect t on organs above the groin.

Les B

Revitive foot use has no effect above the groin

Lynne Watson

Thank you Les for your response, but there is a warning on the packaging stating that anyone with a pacemaker should not use the unit, so I'm waiting on a reply from the Revitive team. Take care, Lynne

Revitive   DM

Hi Lynne, yes it is a contraindication for implanted electrical devices as it uses an electrical current it could interfere with the pacemaker. We recommend discussing it with her doctor as to whether she should use it or not.

Mary A.
Mary A. · Circulation Booster Medic (2nd Gen)

how long should i use the revive in the beginning

Andrew
Andrew

Hi Mary, I have been using the Revitive device once each day for 30 Minutes. A couple of times I have used it twice (morning and evening) without a problem. I started @ 30minutes on power level 40 & have got up to 50 but that’s pretty strong & a bit too much for me really.

Revitive   DM

Hi Mary, If you are new to Revitive, we recommend that you start on a low setting and have shorter therapy sessions so your body has some time to get used to the increased muscle stimulation. If you are finding some discomfort after use, we would recommend that you reduce the intensity level and duration of your therapy. Gradually you can increase both intensity and duration.

Over time you are aiming to build up to strong, but comfortable muscle contractions. The stimulation should always stay in a comfortable zone.

If we can offer any more specific advice, please feel free to call us for a chat - 07 5443 9767

AlanH
AlanH · Circulation Booster Medic (2nd Gen)

I have a mid achilles injury 16 October with signs of wear and tear in the fibres, no rupture or complete tear according to USS, also I have a calf muscle tear or strain at the join.
My question is will a revive assist in the repair and how long will not take ?

Revitive   DM

Hi Alan H. Revitive is designed to assist with the symptoms associated with poor circulation. We do not have evidence to validate its ability to assist in your recovery. We'd recommend you chat with your doctor to see if they believe that electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) will be beneficial for your circumstances.

Warm Regards

Ian M
Ian M · Medic

Would Revitive medic help with Lymphoedema.?

Revitive   DM

Hi Ian, Revitive is not indicated to specifically assist with Lymphoedema.

That said, exercise and movement (walking) is often recommended to help alleviate the symptoms. Revitive can assist people to improve their mobility and walking distance before the onset of pain. If this is an issue, Revitive may be useful in helping to improve mobility. Anyone with an existing medical condition should check with their doctor first to ensure that Revitive (electrical muscle stimulation) is suitable for them with a view of any medical history.

Diso
Diso

no reeply

Revitive   DM

Hi Diso - do you need more information? Happy to elaborate if more detail is required or you are welcome to give us a call - 07 5443 9767
Regards,
Actegy Health Australia.

DES3175 · Medic

I have a Circulation Booster CB-V3 which I have had for many years. However I have not been able to use it due to having plates and screws in my lower leg. Or at least that was what I was led to believe. Is this correct? Can it be tried with caution or not?

ECCI

According to their helpdesk, if the plates and screws are old/healed it should be fine: https://revitive.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000895187-Can-you-use-this-with-a-titanium-hip-replacement-
But there are warnings for those with the following medical issues to not use Revitive: https://revitive.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000895307-Who-Should-Not-Use-REVITIVE-

Best if you contact Revitive directly if you are unsure.

Revitive   DM

Hello DES3175 Some great links from ECCI (thank you!).

In short, it is safe to use Revitive with metallic implants however occasionally users do note that the sensation can be a little stronger close to the site of an implant (especially if it's in the ankle/foot area).

If this occurs we recommend that you simply reduce the intensity to a comfortable level - it is safe to continue use. If the sensation is painful or uncomfortable - you may need to limit use but most people can find a suitable intensity.

IF we can offer more specific advice, please feel free to call for a chat - 07 5443 9767

DES3175

Thank you for your reply. It is my ankle that is plated and screwed, to about 15cms up my leg.I will give it a go.

Revitive   DM

Ok thanks for the extra detail. You are safe to try it - listen to your body and make sure it stays comfortable. Please feel free to call us if you need any advice.

Di c · Medic

Why does it feel I've got cramp while using revitive

ECCI

The electric pulse contracts and relieves the calf muscles so it does almost feel like a cramp but it does not hurt. Perhaps reduce the intensity to a comfortable level.

Revitive   DM

Hi Di C. Where are you noticing the cramping feeling? AS ECCI mentioned, it may actually be the muscle contracting - this is the objective of the stimulation. It uses Electrical Muscle Stimulation to contract and relax the muscles which will help pump the blood around the feet and lower legs.

It may be easier to call us for a chat to see if we can offer some more specific advice - 07 5443 9767 (Mon-Fri 8.30-4pm AEST)

Regards,

Di c

Hi I feel it is my feet while using the revitive. So much that I can't keep my toes down on the foot pads. I am using it at 28 which I didn't think was to high

Revitive   DM

Hi Di, This sounds like you are getting a good muscle contraction. When this occurs we tend to see one of two things happen - either toes will clench a little and go down, or other people find their toes (particularly the big toe) goes up. If you look at the 1st video link below at around the 30sec mark you'll see a very strong muscle contraction. The model's toes clench down but sometimes people find theirs lift or go upwards (if you look closely at our current TV ad- you can see Georgie's toes lift slightly at around 0.15 sec)

The main thing to note is that you should remain comfortable. If at anytime the stimulation feels uncomfortable, you should lower the intensity.

There is no right or wrong intensity. For some users, they will get a strong muscle contraction at 15 while others need to be in the 90's. Each user is individual which is why we do not recommend a specific intensity.

See 30 second mark - external link
See 15 sec mark - external link

As I mentioned, we are happy to have a chat - 07 5443 9767

john s. · Medic

I have just had a full right knee replacement 6 weeks ago can I use my revitive safely

Revitive   DM

Hi John S. Having metallic implants is not a contraindication - meaning it is still safe to use Revitive. However since your surgery was quite recent, it might be worth checking with your doctor to ensure they are comfortable with the use of electrical muscle stimulation (EMS) at this stage of your recovery.

If the response is yes, we encourage you to take caution - make sure you listen to your body to ensure that the additional muscle stimulation does not over work the legs while you are recovering. If any discomfort is experienced, reduce intensity and session duration.

It has been noted that stimulation can feel a little more intense close to the site of a metallic implant. This is less common on the knee but if it is noticed, just lower the intensity to a comfortable level.

If we can offer any more advice, please feel free to call us for a chat - 07 5443 9767.

Revitive Australia.

taffy1
taffy1 · Medic

Could Revivevite help me,I have myocardiomyopathy ,heart is working at33%

Revitive   DM

Hi taffy1, Revitive is designed to assist with symptoms associated with poor circulation to the feet and lower legs however we recommend that anyone with a pre-existing condition (especially heart conditions) should check in with their doctor before use. It is a good idea to ask if electrical muscle stimulation via foot pads would be appropriate with a full view of your medical history and current condition.

Rowland B.
Rowland B. · Circulation Booster Medic (1st Gen)

Is revitive good for sciatica and back pain please

Revitive   DM

Hello Rowland B, Revitive is indicated to assist with circulation to the lower legs and feet. Sciatica is generally caused by pressure on the nerves in the lower back. Revitive is not specifically indicated to address this issue.

That said, Revitive does come with TENS pads that can be used for temporary pain relief to areas such as the lower back.

If we can assist further, please feel free to call our Customer Service team for a chat - 07 5443 9767.

Sharon
Sharon · Medic

Hi 52 still pre menopausal loving how it makes my feet and lower legs feel but it seems to be causing excessive blood loss due to continuing very heavy periods if I take a break it stops but restarts within a day of restarting to use my machine . The pain relief is greatly beneficial for my work is this unusual ?

Sandy

This needs a medical opinion…..sorry

Revitive   DM

Hi Sharon, This is not something we have any record of and are not aware of any reason why improved lower leg circulation would impact on the menstrual cycle. That said, as Sandy mentioned, it may be beneficial to seek a medical opinion and hold on further use until this has been cleared.

If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact our Customer Service team on 07 5443 9767.

deirdre c.
deirdre c. · Medic

Can using Revive leave ur legs and hips sore in the beginning. My husband used it at 30. Possibly too strong for first week

Sandy

Neither of us had any of those symptoms at all…sorry to hear that..

Revitive   DM

Hi Deirdre C. It is possible to become a little sore after starting use of Revitive. It can feel a bit like starting a new exercise program where your muscles may not be used to the intensity. This is more commonly noticed in the feet and lower legs.

I'd recommend that he tries lowering the intensity and potentially spacing out the sessions while he is getting used to it. If this helps, he can slowly increase over time.

If the discomfort continues, cease use and check with his doctor to ensure that electrical muscle stimulation is suitable for him.

Robert G.
Robert G. · Circulation Booster Medic (2nd Gen)

What is the difference between the Revitive Medic Circulation Booster and the Revitive Essential Circulation Booster?

Revitive   DM

Hi Robert G. Please note that this page is based in Australia. The Revitive Essential is not available in Australia however there are several differences between these models. There are two main differences- the first is that Medic can be used cordlessly with a rechargeable battery while the Essential must be connected to mains. The second is that the Essential only has 50 intensity levels vs 99 for Medic.

If you are based in Australia - please check the Australian site to compare our local models: external link . If we can assist you in finding the right model, please feel free to call us for a chat - 07 5443 9767

Actegy Health Australia.

Harold Hayes
Harold Hayes · Medic

can using a revitive cause night cramp in your calfs thank you

Revitive   DM

Hi Harold, We usually find that users get relief from night cramps with Revitive. If you are finding some discomfort, it may be worth considering if the intensity may be too high - perhaps the leg muscles are being overworked?

Please feel free to give our Customer Service team a call if you'd like to discuss further - 07 5334 9767

Isobel L.
Isobel L. · Medic

Hello, I am looking to seek the best product for my elderly mum. She suffers with leg pain but also sciatica

Revitive   DM

Hi Isobel L. Revitive is indicated to assist with leg aches & pains that are associated with poor circulation. If the underlying cause of your Mother's pain is related to her circulation Revitive may provide relief.

Use of Revitive is via the footplates is not indicated to assist with her sciatica however Revitive does have a TENS mode which is delivered via the included body pads. This may provide temporary pain relief.

It might be best to check with her doctor to see if they feel use of Electrical Muscle Stimulation may be useful in assisting her leg pain. If they feel it is worth a try, remember that we offer a 60-day money back trial so you can assess the results.

If we can offer any more advice or information please feel free to call us for a chat - 07 5443 9767.

eva j.
eva j. · Medic

I have been using Revitive for month, 2-3 times a week. However l developed tingling in both of my feet that kept me awake all night. I stopped using Revitive and the tingling has stopped. Any suggestions please. I also have varicose veins would that be a problem? Thanks for your reply Eva

Revitive   DM

Hi eva j. Revitive should not have any lasting sensations post-use. Generally we hear that people get a better night sleep after use.

It might be worth calling us for a chat. Do you have any pre-existing conditions? What intensity are you using the device on? Perhaps it may be worth trying a lower intensity to see if this alleviates the tingling you are experiencing.

If you'd like to have a discussion please feel free to reach out to our Customer Service team on 07 5443 9767

Sue D.
Sue D. · Medic

What settings do I put Revitive on if my feet are numb without feeling?

Revitive   DM

Hi Sue, Do you know the underlying cause of your numbness or neuropathy? If you are under the care of a doctor it would be worth checking in to make sure that the use of Electrical Muscle Stimulation is suitable.

If you decide to proceed, you should take a cautious approach. Start on a low intensity - say 15-20 and do a session or two. Check your feet after each use and make sure there is no irritation or redness and that you do not experience any muscle aches afterwards. If all is well, you can slowly increase the intensity each few sessions by 5-10. Regularly check the soles of your feet for any signs of overstimulation.

If we can offer any more advice, please feel free to call us for a chat.

Actegy Health Australia

Get an answer from our members and Revitive representatives

Select a listing for your question
Revitive Medic

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Revitive Medic is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more