Revolut Questions & Answers

Verifiedrevolut.com
Chris
Chris

Can i use the card in Singapore.
I want to upload $2k or more AU to transfer to SDG use in SINGAPORE for point of sale Purchases. Not ATM withdrawals.

Revolut   DM

Hi Chris, yes you can exchange AUD into SGD and then spend this using your Revolut card.

roland schnyder
roland schnyder

Revolut

Oh myy - Nothing works . I am trying to buy with the virtual card - no go. I put it into my wallet to pay - no go. the tapper chooses my normal credit card. This is a total waste of time.
The support is not existing. How the [Content Removed] will this work overseas from sunday. There 4000$ in transfer and they claim there was a problem with banks - i hope it does not end up in [Content Removed].

[Name Removed]

aelshandidi

I had signed in to Revolut account, I do live in Australia however I needed an account in sterling. I know I can accept payment from the UK for only Swift transfers. Will I be able to make payments from the account in sterling without being charged? if I fly to the UK, will I be able use the debit card and withdraw money? any charges would apply?

Arcturus
Arcturus

Cannot answer this specifiic question, but Revolut was hacked recently, use Wise instead. Much better. Am an aussie too. All their charges (for both services) are easy to google. Not too different as far as fees go unless you are using a lot of money

aelshandidi

sounds good thank you very much

Tom H
Tom H

Can my Revolute card be used in Bali?

Paul G.
Paul G.

Hi, I've just opened a revolut account in Australia. This is because Barclays Bank UK is closing all expat accounts that have no UK address.
I would like to know if:
1. Can I instruct my UK private pension & UK state pension to pay in GBP (£) to my revolut account?
2. Can I use my revolut account to top up my Premium Bonds with NS&I ?

Revolut   DM

Hi Paul, you can receive GBP payments into your account but only if the sender supports SWIFT payments. Your SWIFT account details can be found in app. You can also make outbound payments in GBP to recipients in the UK.

If you need more information please contact our customer support through the in-app chat (within the app click your initials on the top left of the screen, then click 'Help').

Jacob G.
Jacob G.

With Revolut can I purchase an overseas currency using $AUD, then use my overseas currency to pay for online items (virtual or real) to benefit from savings.

Revolut   DM

Hi Jacob, you can find out which currencies we support for exchanging and holding in your account here external link

John R.
John R.

Just to be clear. I open a Revolut account with AUD. I exchange 1000AUD for India Rupees. So Rupees are listed in my account. I use the actual credit card in Bangalore and the Rupees in my account are debited? There is no currency exchange?

Revolut   DM

That's correct. if you already have a currency (e.g. Rupees) in your account and you have sufficient balance to complete the transaction, there is no conversion required - the Rupees balance will be used for the transaction.

Chris B.

Can I upload Indonesian currency?

Dibrom
Dibrom

Not if you have an Australian Revolut account. If you are a resident of Australia and are registered with Revolut as an Australian user with Australian credentials and tax liability, then they will only let you deposit AUD. No other currency. If you want to buy IDR with AUD as the source, then fine, but if you already have IDR and you want to use that, then Revolut is useless to you.

Revolut   DM

Hi Chris, thanks for your question. You can't currently hold Indonesian Rupiah in your account. However you can still use the card in Indonesia, just top up in AUD and our app will automatically complete the currency exchange for you whenever you make a purchase.

You can also send Indonesian Rupiah to an account in Indonesia.

You can find out more in our help centre online external link

Chris B.

So does that mean I have to pay a foreign currency exchange % with every transaction. Or what is the cost for each transaction?

Revolut   DM

Some purchases may incur a small FX fee, such as if it is made outside of exchange market hours, or if you exceed your plan's monthly limit. You can find out more details under the 'Exchange' section on our site here external link

When comparing your options we suggest you also consider the exchange rate offered as well as exchange fees. Some providers offer a very poor exchange rate which can end up being very costly.

We aim to be super transparent so you can also see our live exchange rates and estimate the cost of exchange at any time on our website here external link

Marty
Marty

Can anyone tell me how long a first payment from Revolut account to a business takes, its been over 2 days and supplier hasn't received, within Aust.

Revolut   DM

Hi Martin, most are sent within minutes but in some cases it can take 2-3 business days (i.e. exclude weekends and public holidays). If this timeframe has passed please contact our in app chat support so we can check the status of the transfer for you and investigate if needed. Kind regards.

Ivor D.
Ivor D.

I have just put $6000 into your bank !
It is going to Vincent Jacobs of commoninvestments.com ?
I want to know if this man and his company are legitimate ?

Revolut   DM

Hi Ivor this is very likely to be a scam. It has a number of red flags and I can see other customers online alleging it is a scam.

Did you create an account with Revolut to send the money?
If so it's important you contact our online chat support immediately in the app so we can try to help you. Click your Profile (circle in upper left corner) -> Help -> New chat.

If you sent the money from another bank account please contact the bank you sent it from.

Get an answer from our members and Revolut representatives