Zoetis Revolution for Cats

Zoetis Revolution for Cats Questions & Answers

49 questions from our users

yvonne

yvonneasked

The instructions say not to remove vial from protective packet until immediately before using. I removed it one evening planning to use, but then forgot to apply that day. I did not puncture the tube. Why does it say to not remove it, until ready to use? Does light make the medication ineffective? Thanks for reply.

leann

leannasked

Just opened my revolution for cats and it was just air ...what can i do to get my money back or a trplavement please

Crap thats not good im about to order more in a week.
Contact the revolution makers on
1800 814 883 or email
Productsupport.au@zoetis.com
Surely they will have to give you refund. They will probably send a prepaid envelope for you to return product.

Ccwalker

Ccwalkerasked

My two kittens lick and play fight eachother 24/7 so need to seperate after applying but for how long?

Trudi W.asked

How long does this take to work? 2 days later and all 4 cats still have very alive fleas.

RudolphandHermey

In 2 hrs after application you should start to see dying fleas. Unfortunatly some cats and dogs some products dont seem to work. If your house is flea infested then youll see fleas on your cat for awhile but they will be slow moving. If theres no fleas in house then the product unfortunatly dosnt work for your cat

RudolphandHermey

Ps it is unusual for it not to work in 4 cats. Is the product in date? They have a use by date on box.

Trudi W.

Thanks you - yes the product is in date. I was wondering if I should take it back, as I got quite a few flease on all 4 cats when combing them. They had Revolution a month ago too. I found dead ones on 1 cat today, but live ones on another as well.

M. D.R.

M. D.R.asked

switching to revolution for cats -4 . how long must I wait to apply revolution after bathing with dawn dish soap?

Vanessa
Vanessa

Honestly I wouldn’t waste your money, get the comfortis for small Dogs & cats ( picture of a dog on the box) it’s a tablet they take, fleas gone within 24 hours haven’t had a problem since

RudolphandHermey

Hi i looked on the company's page and it states as soon as dog or cat is completely dry.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Hi I bought 2 packets of Revolution the 'up to 2.5kg' body weight as my cats are small but after getting home and weighing them they are heavier so can I use both tubes on one cat that weighs 4kg?

Ruth
Ruth

Sure that's fine :) Product is the same just in smaller quantity for the under 2.5kg tubes (which contain 15mg active ingred Selamectin instead of 45mg in larger size cat tubes) - as 2 x small = 30mg Selamectin total it should work fine on a 4kg cat. The 45mg larger cat tubes cover cats up to 7.5kg weight.

Merry B

Merry Basked

After applying Revolution to my two cats, less than two weeks later they have fleas...WHAT GIVES?? We vacuum everyday, wash bedding, had pest control inside and out yet they cannot go a full two weeks after Revolution application before the fleas are back!

Leaofhb

Leaofhbasked

Advantage II is no longer working for my cats and after doing some research, I have decided to try Revolution. One of my cats is solid and built like a bulldog or a pitbull and weighs in at 22+lbs. (I am not over feeding my cats for his sister weighs 6lbs and is the alpha-cat so she eats first and puts down as much as she can without guilt.) Question is: Would I order the Rev pkg for cats weighing 5.1lbs - 15lbs and double up? This is rather worrisome as I keep reading about allergic reactions and kidney failures. If I don't double up how would I know if it works or not? Here in California an annual check up and vaccinations are $145.00. If I add a 12 pack of Revolution for $130.00 on to this months pet expenses, naturally, I would want to know that it is going to work and that and I am not going to create a vet bill for poisoning and/or almost killing my cat. I may have overlooked the answer to this question but could someone please tell me what I should be looking at as protocol?

Debs1957

Debs1957asked

Why do people respond to people's questions when they say they don't know the answer?

Ineke48

I am not a vet nor a pet product sales person. I don’t think Product Review would-be be happy if i ignored your question. I am sorry my answer did not meet your expectation.

AllyCat68

AllyCat68asked

Is it safe to use revolution after an F3 vaccination?

Ineke48

I am sorry I have no idea if it is safe after an F3;vaccination. You are better off asking your Vet. All I can say Revolution did not work for me but I read on Product Review that some people had dreadful experiences with using it on young cats. I have trained my cat to jump on the bench top of the laundry and comb him with a flea comb. He loves being combed so I do it now morning and night and he has no or very few fleas that I can see.

Jeannette

It is safe to use after any vaccination.

Tashaasked

As I was applying revolution to my other cats, one of them starting licking it off. I put it too far down and he was able to easily turn to reach the application site. It’s been five weeks and now he is at the er vet for kidney issues. He is only 2 years old. Could this be why? Is revolution poisonous? Or damage kidneys?

Ineke48

I am so sorry to hear that your 2 year old cat has kidney problems. I am not a vet or doctor so I cannot possibly answer your question but I don’t think it is very good for any cat to lick Revolution off. It always pays to be very careful with all the flea treatments. I just looked at the Revolution box (I still have 5 tubes left). It states on the box “ if poisoning occurs, contact a doctor orPoisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26. So it seems that it can be poisonous. i hope your vet will be able to heal your poor cat’s kidneys.

Tasha

Thank you. I did mention it to the vet, but he said it was unlikely. I still worry though.

Jeannette

My cats have licked off revolution before. The most it will do is make them drool. I'm sorry your kitty is going through this. My one cat also has kidney issues. She is prone to getting stones and has to be on a special diet for the rest if her life.

Deborah

Deborahasked

Can the remaining Revolution in a vial be used a month later after opening a vial and using it in divided doses for kittens?

I would ask a vet.

Jeannette

No each vial is 1 complete dose for 1 kitten. Each kitten has to have the full vial for protection

Donna H

Donna Hasked

Can I reapply REVOLUTION before the 30 days..he's bigger then I thought and I got a new box with the bigger weight size...I first apply the 5 lb to 15 lb, and I don't think it was enough for his weight...So , can apply the next month's dose a little earlier?

JZ66

I recommend you call your vet who has his records and ask.the question. They are the experts Re this and you shouldn't give them more than needed. 3 questions to answer for them are "is he scratching? Indoor/outdoor cat"?

Annieasked

I’m fostering kittens with ringworm and ear mites. I bathe them one or twice a week with an anti-fungal shampoo as part of their treatment. Will Revolution continue to kill ear mites once I’ve bathed them again?

JZ66

Best you ring a vet and ask them. I'm not an expert.

Ok. Thanks.

Jeannette

Yes. Revolution works through the bloodstream. After 15 minutes of it being applied you can bath the cat several times and it continues to workd for 30 days.

Carol W

Carol Wasked

How long do i have to wait to put my 2 kittens together after tx? They wrestle and lick/gently bite each others necks.

Neatie M

Neatie Masked

I have two cats.
I have just given a dose to each.
How long should I keep them separated so they don’t lick it off each other??

Jeannette

As long as its dried on the skin where you put it they will be fine.

Darlene R

Darlene Rasked

How do you apply Zoetis Revolution for cats?

JZ66

Hi Darlene, I find it quite difficult doing it by myself as it has a strong smell and my cat knows and takes off as soon as I take the lid off. I have to put my finger over the top of the tube if I'm going to trick her. If there are two of you, one to hold, the other to be ready with the tube and part the fur at the back of the neck it would be easier.

Suggest you google how to apply revolution to cats. There is a video where the woman makes it look effortless.

I wish they would make it without smell.

Jeannette

I sit with my cat in my lap facing away from me. I take cap off then put back on. With cap on I part my cats hair on the back of her neck above shoulder blades. Basically where collar lays. I use the bottom of vial to part my cats hair. Then while I hold her hair parted I take cap off and quickly squeeze on. There are videos online that show same technique.

Denise

Deniseasked

My kitten has ear mites. The vet gave him revolution, he was just neutered and the clinic said me might have ear mites. He has had 2 doses of revolution and is do for the thrid in 2 weeks. Should I give it early or take him back to out vet?

Magic fingers

Don't give it o him early that is for sure ,you can check with your vet to see if he still has ear mites . another thing you might want to try is use coconut oil on a cue tip and swap the inside of the ear this will suffocate ear mites . As well and is not harmful to the cat . just don't use to much .

Jill L

Jill Lasked

I applied Frontline to my cats a week ago. How long should I wait to apply the Revolution that my vet recommended?

Magic fingers

you should wait 28-30 days before apply revoloution , since it is not wise to mix different products together. by 28 days the other too should of worn Of making it safe to apply another fleas preventative product .

Regina

Reginaasked

My cat is 17 years old. I treated her with Advantage 2 weeks ago. This is the flea treatment she does well with. She is strictly an indoor cat. She got fleas when my brothers dog visited (the dog is treated for fleas and very well cared for) I think the fleas came in from the dog going outside a lot My home has no signs of fleas. After treating my cat she still was scratching profusely. She then started laying in cool secluded areas of the house. Her normal behavior has ceased. She is lethargic. When I comb her with a flea comb she has sand like granules. There are less of them now but they are crunchy and still signs of them. She eats, drinks and uses her litter box. She’s ate more the last two days. I took her to the vet Yesterday. He recommended I use Revolution and said it would be safe to do so at this point. I’ve never used Revolution therefore I’m apprehensive. What are your thoughts and recommendations for my cat? Would you apply the Revolution?

Magic fingers

i would not use reveloution, it nearly killed one of my cats , and it doesn't get rid of fleas. I started using advantage and all the cats now are flea free. they will still scratch a bit but that is from the previous fleas bites they are itchy. The grunchingy granules if they are dark is the flea dirt. keep up on the advantage make sure you use the the right one for her or his weight . Reveloution doesn't work any more . hope this helps

Noora
Noora

My cat passed away horribly after the application of revolution. The vet noticed he was having issues yet had other social events to tend to therefore instead of acting instantly by removing the product and administering epinephrine she decided to send us home. The best advice I can give any animal owner is that the moment you apply any medication to your animals watch them very carefully afterwards for any signs of discomfort, confusion, nausea.. etc.(anything out of the norm) DO NOT TAKE THEM BACK TO THE VET if they are in critical condition and do not take your time assuming the reaction will pass, rush straight to an emergency hospital that can handle the side effects medication may cause.

pebble
pebble

I recently tried it on my cats after another brand didn't seem to work that well, and I didn't notice any problems with either of the cats. If the vet said it's ok then I would probably give it a go. Maybe this product uses different active ingredients compared to Advantage which you've been using.
You could always use half a satchel to test for any reaction first, if all looks go after a week then do full dose?

Get an answer from our members and Zoetis representatives