REX

REX (page 2 of 6)

See the Best Domestic Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Flew from Perth to Esperance and Esperance to Perth the next day 1/10/18 - 2/10/18

KAREN

KARENSYDNEY

misleading prices

I just love how when you pay for a ticket with Rex, they slug you for 1% to use their Website to book !! Then slug you again to use Paypal or any other creditcard. The only way to get the advertised price is to pay at the airport with cash.... what a joke. Just include all these misleading fees in the airfare to begin with. Can you imagine if we were surcharged to use Coles or Woolworths online sites a handling fee of 1 % then up to 3.27% for a credit card. Why do let all the airlines do this

More delays

I have been delayed on the Albany Perth route on the last 3 flights. I think rex has overextend with the new routes added. Becoming a worry.

Mark O

Mark OPerth

Consistently unreliable.

I have flow Perth to Albany and back on many occasions and when Skywest cancelled the service I was forever optimistic that Regional Express (REX) would provide a decent, reasonably priced service. Unfortunately they have failed time and again, every flight yesterday (28/08/18) was late arriving and leaving Albany, including my own which was eventually cancelled. Unfortunately this is 'the norm' according to locals and regional airport staff. It is unfortunate as once you manage to get yourself on a plane the cabin crew are great and I can't fault them. They should really notch up 12 months experience and move to a real airline.
For $460 and a total of 100 minutes flying time I expect better, next time i'll drive.

Consistently late flights and poor costumer service

I have been flying with Rex airlines every week between Burnie and Melbourne since December. Unfortunately it is the only airline operating in this route so I have to put up with them. The flights are delayed %80 percent of the time. It is overpriced. The costumer service is poor. In one instance, my checked baggage got damaged while traveling from Melbourne to Burnie. My claim got rejected on the basis that the damage is reasonable. If you have another option do not travel with Rex.

Rude, late flights & over priced.

It’s with much regret that I write, however people considering a flight with Rex, be warned.

Work wise I’m all over Australia and fortunate to fly with different airlines, by a considerable margin Rex has the wooden spoon.

Consistently late flights, unreliable aircraft, rude counter staff, overpriced and very little empathy.

Management of Rex if you’re reading this, you really need to sort your company out as change starts from the top down.

Will avoid flying with company from now, better off using a hire car.

Very bad customer service Rex Sydney Check in desk

Very bad Rex service up infront Sydney check in desk. No empathy and support when I missed checkin by 2 mins. She spoke like Theresa May told me “You can’t check in, our captain just informed that” “ go to Quantas counter, ask if they can swap your ticket they have on midday” “you pay $45 more we will get you at 315 today”.

Craig30

Craig30

Don’t feel safe in there planes

I flew with Rex airlines a few days ago from Merimbula to Sydney return, on the way to Sydney the stop at Moruya we had to get off and wait while they fix a problem.
Then when we left Sydney the plane took off right after a virgin jet too close, then the right engine nearly cut out, the plane had so many squeaks and rattles I was scared it might fall apart.
We pay very high prices for old planes and constant problems with delays and problems with there planes.
I so hope QantasLink come to the area.

Unhelpful ground staff

After arriving in Sydney with minimal changeover time on a virgin flight from Launceston, which was delayed due to having to be rerouted to Canberra for a medical emergency, it was obvious my bag wouldn’t make the Rex flight I was on to Griffith. I was hoping to either get some reassurance bag would be on next flight or if not get it held as I was going to be back in Sydney the following day on way to LA. All I got was an explanatio that it was not Rex’s issue and I should discuss with virgin. Not helpful Rex. Let’s see how this works out!

Rex, rhymes with $ex, they screw you like your ex

2-hour flight delay???!
They screwed my schedule. I was supposed to board at 8:15am to be able to make an inspection at 11:00am and fly back at 2:00pm

They delayed the flight to 10:40am and i had to book a later flight back which was also delayed

I was supposed to be back home at 4:00pm

Rex: Departing Orange Springhill at 0710,
Arriving Sydney at 0800

Virgin: Departing Sydney at 0910,
Arriving Gold Coast at 1030

What actually happened... Rex decided to fly to Sydney via Dubbo to pick up more passengers. Landed in Sydney at 09:20 and missed connecting flight. Who does that? Very unprofessional, go with Fly Corporate if you can.

Reliably late you can count on it

I fly at least weekly with various airlines mostly throughout WA.
On Albany and Esperance routes Rex is the only airline who fly them. I’ve almost never had an on time flight and they clearly don’t care at all. They are the worst airline I’ve ever experienced. Certainly hope they opt out of these routes in the future and hand them back to a more reliable airline.
This route is tendered by the state government. They need to intervene. Unsafe and unreliable...

Daniel

DanielNortheast, VIC

Old planes, delayed or cancelled flights, expensive

How long can a SAAB 340 safely be kept in operation? With the problems we witness on Rex planes I am convinced it is a bad idea getting on these planes, The reason for many of the Rex delays are faults with the planes. Many of them have been around for 20 - 30 years!

Flowerbread

FlowerbreadSydney, NSW

No complaints

Flew REX Adelaide-Coober Pedy and back. What can I say? The check-in was easy, the flight left on time, the plane was small but seats comfortable, the onboard staff were professional, the snacks... don't remember, the flight arrived on time, our bags weren't lost. No complaints.

Absolutely woeful

Having flown almost weekly with this airline for 10 years I have seen it become more of a joke every year, as flights are seriously delayed about 70% of the time. If any other airline flew my sector I would not fly Rex.

Bad service

Left my luggage behind and called customer service they say they dont handle baggage and really didnt want to help me

Robert Brakey

Robert Brakey

Recent trip from Burnie/wynyard, Melbourne & return

My wife & Myself had the recent occasion to travel with Rex, wheel chair assist required at each end of journey,
Car pick up at MELBOURNE conveyed to reception ,assisted with luggage ,wheelchair assist to taxi ramp ,which had been ordered prior to arrival by Rex, ,Attendant waited until departure., exactly The same assistance provided on return journey. Excellent service, that some of the larger airlines could learn from. What a delightful experience, WELL DONE REX we will travel with you again in near future, Good Flying ,
Rob & Muriel Brakey

Robert M

Robert MWagga Wagga

Great flight and on time

Fantastic flight, flight attendant and pilots were helpful and friendly, and arrived on time in Sydney. Last minute booking and cost was great.

Don’t book REX without insurance - appalling mismanagement of flight delay

Passengers not notified until 5hours after decision taken to delay flight. Engineers not bought down to fix plane overnight. Charter planes not considered. Travel agents not informed. Passengers not priority booked onto next flight. Appalling service, truly appalling. I suggest that the regulator look into why maintenance schedule is clearly failing.

Norma Hocking

Norma HockingTanilba Bay

Completely unreliable.

Arrived in Sydney late yesterday afternoon from a Perth flight, only to find they had cancelled our connecting flight to Newcastle. So after paying another $270 to another airline, and an $80 cab fare, we finally arrived home! Never fly with this company, they are just plain unreliable, and ignorant. I think their excuse was that their pilot or crew had not turned up! Wow, good excuse. Also told us when we inquired for a refund, that we would have to go through Webjet (who did the booking) and that would take three months to get our money back. What a Company!!!