Rheem Rheemglas Water Series

Rheem Rheemglas Water Series Questions & Answers

Susan B.
Susan B. · Rheemglas Water Series

Hi we have a Rheemglas electric hot water service model number 11108007 which was manufactured in 2004 that now tripping the power out. A plumber has said it needs to be replaced at the cost of $2000 I can find other models on line which are 80L but are they compatible to the old one will the fitting on the old tank fit the new one.

Richard
Richard

In this case your plumber is correct; once they corrode and leak they're practically impossible to fix and your mileage has been pretty good (mine is 2014 and failed - I fixed it but I wouldn't recommend it).
If your plumber is quoting $2000 its a bit of a ripoff - you can directly replace that tank for $500-$700, though prices are all over the place, and its about 20mins work for him since the connections all exist; but that's tradies for you.
I would go with a better brand than Rheem..

Rheem   DM

Dear Susan Thank you for your enquiry. In regard to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards

Glenn
Glenn · Rheemglas 111315

Please advise the spec on this model 111315 whuch we had installed

Tania G. · Rheemglas Water Series

I have just purchased a property and I have a rheemglass electric water heater model 11108007/BL. Should I leave the HWS switch on always? Will it use up excess power? Is it best to turn it off?

Rheem   DM

Dear Tania. Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31 due to the technical information required.
Our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards

Hi Tania
I can only add my personal experience here.
I used to have the same thought with both the original (unknown) electric storage HWS for my place and then my new HWS (first Rheenglas subsequently replaced with same when needed).
I was concerned of leaving electric storage HWS running 24/7, consuming power I assumed unnecessarily when hot water not in use and likewise using up the anode at the same time.
I used to switch the HWS Power Supply off at the mains switchboard after showering in the morning and then switching it on before going to bed to have hot water the next morning and so on.
This didn't seem to cause any problems, the HWS(s) continued to operate well and supply hot water without a hiccup for years.
On replacing it on most recent occasion, I mentioned this to the installer and he said that if it was working fine, what I was doing didn't seem to be causing any problems and I could continue if I thought I really wanted but saying, unlike instant HWS which use a very large amount of power as needed to heat water instantly as called on, the storage HWS tank is insulating the existing hot water so only uses small power hits thoughout the day and night maintaining water temperature only greater power to heat the cold water flowing in after the hot is extracted for showers, laundry, etc.
He said the benefit to switching on / off compared to leaving on 24/7 is therefore limited, if anything can increase rusting out the internal lining of the tank as the anode stops doing its thing when power is removed so it may be increasing the life of the anode but potentially reducing the lifespan of the tank itself.
Basically its a split as if used for hot water daily then neither approach is much better or worse than the other than convenience ie no hot water if want another shower at non usual time of day or night if HWS has been off since last used. On the other hand if not to be used for extended period, say going away for a holiday, then turning off could save power but have to remember to turn it back on as soon as back and need to wait a while (hours?) before can use hot water again.
Just my experience of same idea no expert or technical knowledge of my own.

Thanks for that.

Frustrated · Rheemglas 111315

Does the above model have 1 element only is it still an available spare part

Andrew Melbin

Hi, I can't really provide an accurate answer. My model of Rheem Rheemglas Electric Storage HWS, labelled 90L (but think that was the cylinder size while was actually 80L water storage capacity I think) was definitely Single Element but I can't say in relation to other models. I would suggest it depends on the capacity, as mine had Single Element I would suggest anything similar sized, not much bigger or definitely smaller would also be Single Element. If the one you refer to is more like 100+ (maybe 120?) Litres then very likely Double Element. This would be detailed on the Rheem website under the model specifications so I suggest checking there. Sorry I couldn't be more help on my own.

Thanks Andrew will do.

Grant D. · Rheemglas 111160

Can I convert this system to off peak? My electricity bill is extrodinary high, please help!

Rheem   DM

We highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Thank you. Will do.

MMM
MMM · Rheemglas Water Series

What is the difference between the Rheem System and the Rheemglas, I have a 350lt Rheemglas that has lasted 14years, it now needs replacing and I wish to know the difference. I live in Brisbane Wynnum is there a Rheem stockist near me?
Regards Michelle

Hi
Sorry, unsure what you refer to as "Rheem System", you have a Rheemglas yourself so know Rheem is the brand and Rheemglas is one of the different models of HWS offered by Rheem and it comes in a variety of sizes to suit households with different hot water use and supply needs (and I think I'm right in saying configurations - choice of either Electric or Gas heated Rheemglas models offered). I spoke to a plumber about replacing mine only as a personal preventative choice. It still works great but after operating for a number of years the lifespan of the system Should be approaching an end based on recommended life of 'any' HWS, though they do seem to last much longer than is stated as typical. Simple maintenance once in a while prolongs operation - Anode replacement, etc but I have had little done on mine. As for a Stockist near you, I think you need to ask a plumber if they install Rheem products, most independents are unlikely to keep any Stock of systems themselves as that requires the means of warehousing and for independents is beyond what they do and instead most would have regular supplier(s) they obtain products from on as needed basis. The Rheem website does have a Stockist Locator but as I check it appears to be not operating at the moment and instead asks that you call Customer Enquiries to ask - 132 552. You could try this though I am unclear if this will advise of Stores where Rheem products can be found for sale or if will also direct you to installers who may also be listed as 'stockists'.

Andrew Melbin

I have not heard back from the local plumber I contacted about having mine replaced so just looked online for others now, one I am familiar with (advertised for years, available in MY area, pretty much National if I'm not mistaken and offering Emergency Fast, 24/7 if I'm not wrong) HWS installation is Jim's Plumbing - 1300 133 509 / jimsplumbing.net.au I've not used Jim's but am confident from general word of mouth that they are reliable, quality and competitively prices, might be worth checking them out.

don
don · Rheemglas Water Series

What is the compatible Rheem Rheemglas Fury gas water heater 75 gal I installed around 1997. I just saw leak at the bottom of the unit. I would like to get the same product.

Rheem   DM

Dear Don, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly.

Paul
Paul · Rheemglas 111250

Hi, I have Rheem electric water heater 250 litre. Model number 11125007. My question is the one of the electrical connection melt point is dropped, I don't know it's original connected location, can you please send me a manual or guide instruction to tell how to connect? If you can email me with a reply, I would appreciate this. Regards, Paul

Rheem   DM

Dear Paul, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly.

Robert
Robert · Rheemglas 111315

Hi heater has suddenly stopped working after a power cut ,is there a reset button or other method of restarting?

Rheem   DM

Dear Robert, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly.

NO LG
NO LG · Rheemglas Water Series

My Rheemglas 101 electric hot water system (model 101/315) has started leaking from the top cap. Please advise how to stop the leak? Thanks.

Rheem   DM

Dear Customer, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly.

Steve
Steve · Rheemglas Water Series

Have a Rheem 315ltr approx. 3-4 years old, heat not holding up after 1 shower in the morning, 2-3 showers in the evening, dishwasher at end of night, Washer machine uses cold. In the evening the hot water is not hot. Next morning water is hot. Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards, Steve.

Albany

Seems to me the heating element could be on the way out? (seems it's struggling?)

Mine only lasted 3 yrs ..... then..... I discovered they only have a 12month warranty anyway!

Not impressed - not sure if I'll ever receive a satisfactory response from Rheem.

Rheem   DM

Dear Steve, We are sorry to hear about your experience and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly.

Ed Leung
Ed Leung · Rheemglas 171080

what is the approximate time to heat up a RheemGlas Electric Water Heater (80L) after 15-minute bath? Thanks

Close to 30+mins.

*Excellent/economical tip ....(ideal for me )....I have a timer switch (indoors) ...on for 40 mins each day (winter) - can switch on/off to suit me i.e .if/when I'm away.

Rheem   DM

Hi Ed, We encourage you to contact our customer service team on 13 10 31, referencing this feedback, our team will be able to assist you accordingly.

Artie Paris
Artie Paris · Rheemglas Water Series

I have a Rheemglas electric water heater model number 191315R8. I have a solar monitoring device which monitors the energy that is being consumed during the day by various loads on my power system. When the heater switched on today it used 6.1 kW of power to start up and remained between 5.8 kW and 6.1 kW until it reached it's thermostat temperature of 70'C. Is between 5.8 and 6.1 kW a reasonable load for this heater to run on, how does it compare with other heaters?

Rheem   DM

Hi Artie, Thank you for your question. If you could please contact Rheem service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to troubleshoot and assist accordingly.

Kim
Kim · Rheemglas Water Series

I have model 191050 installed at my address which I have no complaints it’s just my power was turned off recently and now that it is reconnected I have no hot water.

Is there a reset button or something to get it going again?

Hi,

Was your power off at your main fuse board overload switch? If yes, investigate the source by checking fuses ,hot water system has separate fuse. If still tripping off ,call electrician.

Rheem   DM

Hi Kim, Thank you for your question. If you could please contact Rheem service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to troubleshoot and assist accordingly.

matt w
matt w · Rheemglas Water Series

i have a rheem 101 electric hot water system (model 101315) that's started leaking from the top cap. Is this repairable or am I up for a new system?

Hi,

Yes, eventually they rust from the top wher condensation accumulate, after 15 years my tank start leaking around top bolt , under the cup.

I have fixed this by drilling small hole in the leak spot ,and close the leak with silicon tape and metal screw.

The problem was fixed , but I have replaced the tank with a new one not long time ego,because discoloration of water.

...because we don't know the condition of your tank, I strongly recommend replacing it with a new one.

Good luck

T.

Rheem   DM

Hi Matt, Thank you for your question. If you could please contact Rheem service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to troubleshoot and assist accordingly.

Jedd
Jedd · Rheemglas Water Series

Hi where is the sacrificial Anode on a 130l LPG HWS please?

Rheem   DM

Dear Jedd, Thank you for your question. Could you please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review so that we can contact you to assist accordingly.

Loulynn · Rheemglas Water Series

Where is the anode placed on a Rheemglas 130 litre, model 311135N0?

Rheem   DM

Hi Loulynn, Thank you for your question. Could you please call Rheem service on 13 10 31 and one of our friendly staff will offer you suitable assistance.

joe
joe

its on the top of the tank , under the plastic Cap.

it seem 99% of people on here are not aware that they have to replace the Anode in their HWS every 5 years.to stop it rusting and leaking.

Replacing the Anode can keep your HWs going for 20 years

Similar to someone buying a new car and not changing the oil or service it ever and complain that it broke down after 5 years after the warranty ran out.

No one ever tells people of this important maintance that you have to do becasue it gives the plumbers more work and the HWS manufactor more sales

John S

My anode was offset so had to remove the metal cover and insulation. It wasn't in the center under the blue cap.

Loulynn

So the foam insulation has to be removed to get to the anode? Were you able to replace the insulation?

John S

My unit was older with a rockwool piece that lifted off.

Shaz
Shaz · Rheemglas Water Series

Hi, I have Rheemglas electric water heater 250 litre. Model number 11125007. Serial number 2721289. Date of Manufacture 03 March 2006.

My question is the warmth of the water isn't quite warm enough to wash dishes or shower & is there anyway I can make the water hot enough for the above?

If you can email me with a reply, I would appreciate this.

Regards,

Sharon

shazapan007@hotmail.com

Rheem   DM

Hi Shaz, Thank you for contacting us. We have passed your contact details to our customer relations team and they will contact you.

Ken
Ken · Rheemglas Water Series

rheemglass cylinder approx 1560cm high and 540cms diameter. Unknown age - not recent vintage.

Where is the thermostat control??

Rheem   DM

Hi Ken, Thank you for your question. Could you please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review so that we can contact you to assist accordingly.

Peter S
Peter S · Rheemglas 111315

I have a Rheemglas Electric heater and it is ten years old,. The heater for the last three months has been making a purging sound inside the heater as though it is letting water into the heater. The noise happens spasmodically and and is very loud, almost sounds like a steam vent or valve letting off pressure, please tell me what the problem is?

Rheem   DM

Hi Peter S, In regards to your query, we would recommend you to contact our Service team either via email at rheem.service@rheem.com.au, or by phone on 131031, and we will contact you to assist accordingly.

Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives

Select a listing for your question
Rheem Rheemglas Water Series