Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) (page 2 of 3)

511340, 511270, 511430, etc...

1.4

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Friendly and helpful technician

I had the red attention light on my Solar hot water service on and called rheem. They sent out a technician the next day. I was very concerned from reading some of these posts and the expensive call out fee and additional 15 min charges. Gavin came out and was extremely friendly and informative. When he arrived the light was no longer on and he explained why the light was on and checked for any other faults. I would definately recommend rheem for this great service and turning my opinion of their company around.

Very angry!

Our Rheem Solar Loline is 6 years old. It is the crappiest hot water system I've ever dealt with. Malfunctioned after immediate installation- thermostat. Same problem about 6 months later, repaired again 2 years ago. Now the whole unit has rusted out at the top and completely shut itself, and is leaking with a constant stream all over the top of the tank, gone rampant on the water metre and no hot water for a week! I will be expecting miracles from you RHEEM!!!

harryNSW

Circulation pump failed 6 years and will cost $500 to $800 to replace

If this pump were to fail every 6 years it would probably negate any savings. Also when you consider the extra cost of the system you would have to ask why did you switch from an off-peak system in the first place. I was told that pump failure is frequent so why doesn't Rheem offer a superior replacement pump or indeed have such a troublesome pump in the first place.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

Made on Friday or Monday

Not Happy
Not Happy

Flashing Red light

The attention red light on my pump begins a constant steady flash that seems to get worse as the day heats up. The green light seems to work as it should and I can hear the pump working. I live fairly isolated and getting service is expensive. Does anyone know the problem and is it a plumber or an electrician I need. The unit is about 5 years and I would have expected it ti give longer service than that.

Terry Keven
Terry Keven

Thanks for replying,
I can be contacted on 0429644916

Very frustrating

i had it installed 13/03/09 and the tank replaced in 2013. The electrics on the tank have failed with it continually pumping water through the panels even after the off peak has heated it up so no hot water in the morning. The tank is again rusting out again on the top. Never buy a Rheem product again

J green

J green

Another house using boost electricity alone

Glen

GlenMid North Coast, NSW

7 years in without a problem

We replaced our electric only hot water system with a Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) around 7 years ago.

It has continually preformed well after a small fix that was due to an error made by the installer. We have always had hot water and the use of the electric boost has minimal during that time.

The only other issue we have had, which we are experiencing now is that the base of the unit ha began to rust. This again seems to be a problem caused by the way it was installed - placed directly on (in) the ground.

In summary we would use a Rheem again, but not the installer.

Gary E.

Gary E.

Disgruntled Rheem Electric Boosted Solar Powered Low Line hot water Service.

Incorporat3d

Incorporat3dSydney Surrounds, NSW

Only Just Installed Today And Does Not Work.

Why isn't the hot water that's in the solar panels being pumped into the storage tank?

Four years ago I built a brand new house (that came with a Rheem system). For three years no problems. Then for some unknown reason I only had hot water if I used the booster. After replacing the solar pump, both hot & cold sensors I STILL don't have solar heated hot water. If I turn on the solar bleed valve I can get all the hot water I need (so the collectors are doing their job) but for some reason (I'm guessing the non return valve) the system isn't working as it should. I live in Port Stephens. The nearest Rheem service tech. is in Taree. Two of the three local plumbers don't know why I have this problem. I've only got this far by my own initiatives.
Spent $600 so far without fixing the problem.

Replacment pump

I am a plumber who is fixing solar hot water incl. Rheem .There are simple and in material component not special. More marketing then technology .Replace the existing pump to an Grundfos up 15 -14b when damaged .I have seen so many rusted shaft in the original pumps, that is a joke to produce that rubbish still .And hurrah the same pump is in every Rheem system included head pump.If you use the Rheem Service you get the same stuff .Find a good plumber and he will do it for you.

Mick

Andrew B

Andrew BMackay

This unit is rubbish

We have had the Rheem Loline for 5 years. Our plumber coupled it with Solar Edwards Australis 2 collectors.
The seals between the collectors have failed twice and we now use aftermarket ones made by Ludowici as they seem more reliable.
On a bright sunny spring day where the max temp reaches 29 degrees we still need to boost to shower a family of 4.
We use more electricity than ever and have scheduled in Ergon to connect this dud to simply become an 'off peak' electric hot water service to try and save on our heating costs.
I could not and will never recommend these units.

KMinOZ

KMinOZMelbourne, VIC

Extremely poor

Complete Rubbish

We have had this Rheem serviced and repaired 2 to 4 times a year every part has been replaced now it has ruined our roof for the second time. It is complete rubbish stay away install a rheem at your peril oh and for the savings in solar what a crock it uses more power than the old one.
nothing
Everything

Solar Water Heaters

Cold hard truth-this product is terrible

Steady cold and wrong

ShaunDMelbourne

The Hot water system with a never ending list of problems

Joyce
Joyce
ShaunD

6 weeks later and the solar panel still hasn't been replaced!

Rheem A.Rheem

They make Rheem Solar Loline is not to save people 's money but to rob people.

Rheem is Worst of the Worst solar hot water you ever seen . It will always cost you a fortune .If you have ever own one.I though I bought this Solar Rheem to save money .But after six month it broke down . I rang them . They said we gave me 5 years warranty for the tank and 6 month for all the electrical parts. Since then everything is broke down every second day.Specially the pump .It is only cost $650 and last 6 to 12 months.

Pump broke down everyday and heater not heat properly and good thing is they only give you six warranty on electric part . I call them ........

Hi jack,

Please contact us at rheem.service@rheem.com.au or via phone on 131 031 so our Service team can address any concerns you may be experiencing with your system.

Donny
Donny

one visit to service 120$ AUD + alpha

RSMar

RSMarAU

Absolute Garbage

Solar Panel sleeves and "O" rings replaced whilst still in warranty, had to argue with customer support to get them fix, now the unit is 8 years old and the entire system has to be replaced due to the panels leaking again and mass corrosion on the panels.
Sadly you get steered to these systems by the builders (obvious kickbacks)
Stay right away from this system

Expensive to repair, initial bad waranty service ( every excuse under the sun why it couldn't be the systems problem

Super Ash
Super Ash
See all Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) reviews

Thanh Q.

Thanh Q.asked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

if i buy Rheem tank storage solar loline electric 51132507 325l is that complete with circulating pump and solar control unit ?

Motorallyrider
Motorallyrider

With this unit having so many reliability problems why take the risk?

Romeozuluasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511325

I have a Rheem Loline Domestic 325 litre model 51132507 Solar Water Heater manufactured in Nov 2015. Being in Blacktown NSW 2148, my off-peak usage (when new 2016) was 29-39 kilowatts Summer. Now, it is using 44 kilowatts (Jan 2020 Summer). I don't have a light either on 'Solar' or 'Attention' on the Control Unit, and the connecting pipe has a pulsating feel. From the records of my off-peak usage, I guess my unit is working, but why aren't the LEDs lit? Also, is it normal for the pump to pulsate? My plumber tells me the control unit should be replaced. Please advise.
Thank You.
Henry

Romeozulu

Kindly advise as to whether the pulsating feel is normal for the control unit pump of my 4 year old unit. Please do not tell me to ring 131031 as I have already done so, and was quoted $143.00 for a call-out and $27.50 per every 15 minutes for someone to check the unit and give me an answer.

Dear Romeozulu

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, if you could please email your contact details to Rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au and we will be in contact to discuss this further.

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

We have a 2011 Rheem solar HWS and everytime its cooler we run out of Hot water. Is it too late to get a booster installed. Thanks Rhonda

Dear Rhonda.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives