Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) (page 3 of 3)

511340, 511270, 511430, etc...

1.4

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
SolarWaterCooler

SolarWaterCoolerAU

Solar Water Cooler

prezel

We are very sorry we had rheem fitted to our new house as we got no benefit from the so called money saver.

Oxygen Thief

wendy11
wendy11

Disappointing only 3 years old. the pump makes such a loud noise it disturbs the neighbours.

Hills2Ocean

Try jamming a peg or a bit of cardboard between the pump box and the tank.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) compares to other Solar Water Heaters

build01

build01AU

Terrible

Please please please don't even think about getting a RHEEM product. They are the worst product with the worst customer service. I will give them no stars in fact they need negative stars for their service.
Good if installed properly.
We had dramas from the start. After complaining for so long they finally came to visit. They couldn't fix it as this was only an inspection. Wasted my time off work as they came 3 times all up to fix it. They don't care about the customers. Customer service is a disgrace. Don't know how to describe them. Anyhow after all this dramas, they actually damaged the roof. It started leaking from the ceiling in the family area.

Terrible

No after sales service, they use cheap rubbish fittings. Would buy better quality next time, not saving much on power bill because booster on most of the time. Had to have it because of stupid goverment regulations for new house, would have prefered standard off peak tank saving thousands on original install
Works ok in the hot summer days, a bit overcast needs booster to heat water.
Cheap rubbish fittings on panels fail with water gushing out and others leaking not very old, but not uv rated, what rubbish, no response when complained to rheem.

Any savings from solar lost in the cost of repairs and replacement

Janice McKeown

Janice McKeownSunshine coast

Rip off

Had to pay $625.00 to replace computer board and electric motor .Only get a 12 month warrenty on these parts which is not fair should be 5 years the same as your tank,as they are part of your tank.Spare parts are way too expensive.It's a waste to try and save money and help the envirament if system costs this much every few years.
Was very efficent up till now .
To expensive for parts ,warrenty not long enough.

Cost price of board and pump $360 (plus freight $15) + maybe 2 hrs labour

Terrible

A firm that doesn't stand behind their name, bad customer service, rip off. Don't bother looking at their warranty as they won't honour them. They charged $140 just to come out and inspect the problem. Never buy rheem again.

Crappy and unreliable, installed the solar loline 430 litres, can't get hot water for winter, was advised by rheem it's normal to use the booster daily, even on sunny days. Just a con as it saved no electricity.

katrinar

katrinar

Terrible

DO NOT PURCHASE/INSTALL THIS PRODUCT!

Personally, I would discount all Rheem products altogether - any company that cared about it's customers would have ordered a recall and voluntarily fixed all the faulty products.

I would have rated a "0" if that had been an option.
Worked for a while.
Like everyone else - connectors on the roof are cheap products and fail within a few years. Rheem then charge you $300-$500 in total to replace with brass ones that should have been used in the first place.

This is happened in EVERY house in our housing estate - that's almost 100 Solar Loline products that have all broken down, and over $40,000 of additional revenue to Rheem to fix a faulty product!!!

Scotty4078
Scotty4078

Same - have replaced the top joiner 3 times in 5 years.

Bad

System installed for 7 years. Ceramic connections between collection panels on roof cracked and failed after appprox. 5 years. Recent failure of solar heating and now have to rely on booster. Every thing now out of warranty and I suspect the circulator pump and/or pcb have failed. Email enquiry to Rheem, so far no response. Telephone call to nearest service centre confirmed $100 call out fee and $25 for every 15 minutes, plus cost of parts, which, if I am right with my diagnosis, will cost nearly $500!! I reckon the job would take 30 - 45 minutes, therefore something like $650 to be spent on a unit that is probably going to fail anyway in the near future - what do you do???
When it works it works well.
Cost benefit = zero.

JC_1972

JC_1972Western Australia, 6031

Terrible

As per other corrspondents - Just paid $850 after 5 years of operation to replace pump & PCB and ceramic connectors. Now pursuing with Consumer Affairs. What's the point of saving on your gas bill if you have to pay $850 every 5 years to fix it?
Alleged energy savings & being able to do my bit for the planet.
Repair costs, still no hot water on a 40 degree day AFTER paying $850 to have it fixed.

Terrible

Poor customer treatment, tried to get it replaced under warranty but just missed out by a few months. Makes inferior products then makes you pay for it!
Keeps power bill down during summer and needs no manual intervention.
I too have a cracked joiner. This looks like it is a major issue with the joiners and should have been a product recall as it has the potential to flood a house and waste water. Also the fact that they changed the materials of the joiners from Bakelite to brass proves they were defective. The $260 price to replace the parts I think is extortion and is a very disappointing. I will never get a Rheem product again!

harry71

harry71

Terrible

Our unit is now 6.5 years old and it has had probems starting from 1 year old. The recirculating pump has seized about 4 times. The pcb operating the pump has failed twice. A joint blew on one of the collectors on the roof and water got into our ceiling at 4.5 years old. In summary, if you are considering going to solar hot water be aware that even if it costs you little after rebates it is going to cost you quite a bit in maintenance in the long run. Our plumber advised us to disconnect the plumbing to the panels and just leave them up on the roof!
not a great deal
most things

Bad

See all Rheem Solar Loline (Electric Boost) reviews

Thanh Q.

Thanh Q.asked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

if i buy Rheem tank storage solar loline electric 51132507 325l is that complete with circulating pump and solar control unit ?

Motorallyrider
Motorallyrider

With this unit having so many reliability problems why take the risk?

Romeozuluasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost) 511325

I have a Rheem Loline Domestic 325 litre model 51132507 Solar Water Heater manufactured in Nov 2015. Being in Blacktown NSW 2148, my off-peak usage (when new 2016) was 29-39 kilowatts Summer. Now, it is using 44 kilowatts (Jan 2020 Summer). I don't have a light either on 'Solar' or 'Attention' on the Control Unit, and the connecting pipe has a pulsating feel. From the records of my off-peak usage, I guess my unit is working, but why aren't the LEDs lit? Also, is it normal for the pump to pulsate? My plumber tells me the control unit should be replaced. Please advise.
Thank You.
Henry

Romeozulu

Kindly advise as to whether the pulsating feel is normal for the control unit pump of my 4 year old unit. Please do not tell me to ring 131031 as I have already done so, and was quoted $143.00 for a call-out and $27.50 per every 15 minutes for someone to check the unit and give me an answer.

Dear Romeozulu

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, if you could please email your contact details to Rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au and we will be in contact to discuss this further.

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Rhonda

Rhondaasked

Solar Loline (Electric Boost)

We have a 2011 Rheem solar HWS and everytime its cooler we run out of Hot water. Is it too late to get a booster installed. Thanks Rhonda

Dear Rhonda.

Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives