Richtek

• Rates and Fees
M.Crouch

M.CrouchPerth, WA

So disappointed

We believed the bill was incorrect so we asked for an itemised bill. Apparently this is something they don’t do. We did call and complain and they said they would call us back. Needless to say they did not and never sent any further bills and now they have taken us to court without speaking to us as they told us they would. Not a great way to do business and very rude. I have never experienced anything like this and I can only warn others

NNY

NNYPerth, WA

The issue reappeared again after it was fixed

John KPerth, WA

The WORST !! Do not use this “Company” !!

Simply: they overcharged and FAILED to fix the problem.
They were prompt, I’ll give them that but I was ripped off completely.
My Circuit Breaker kept tripping out and I was informed that my entire Board needed rewiring and upgrading: so I paid them $3200 to do this - and was left with a beautiful, overpriced, new board but also left with a Circuit Breaker that kept tripping !!
They did not fix the initial problem NOR would they return my calls.
$3200 spent for nothing !!
I implore you: DO NOT USE THESE GUYS !!
PS: I have since had the issue fixed by someone else (and was charged under $200)

Find out how Richtek compares to other Electricians

Avoid this company (at all costs)

Job Satisfaction
Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Called Ricktech to use electric eel on drain quoted $990

Our old clay pipe drain regularly needs de-rooting every year or two with an electric eel root chomper. Who ever does it normally charges some price between $100-$200, the guy from Richtech showed up to do the job and asked me to pay $990, as you guessed I nearly fell off my perch and sent them on their way.

I also used Richteck for an replacement oven install on a previous occasion, next thing I knew I had a gas inspector knocking on my door saying my decking around the gas water heater was reported for being above the heater base (2cm), the inspector said it was not a real problem and told me to raise it on a brick when the heater naturally died, which I did without involving Richteck.

a nightmare of damage and court proceedings - its now bailiff time for Richtek!

The work was done so badly that considerable damage was done to the house. I have a court order to pay restitution, which the company has ignored, despite assuring the court that it would be settled promptly. So its bailiff time. Quite why a company with such antecedents is allowed to trade defeats me.

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Liars and conmen.

JJJ

JJJ

Gas oven installation

Installed a second hand gas oven for $900.
It should cost a couple of hundred.
Can’t even supply an itemised tax invoice or the original quote sent to accept the job.
The quote was sent after the job was started once requested. My younger cousin organised it and they completely took advantage of a young person. They also said they are the most expensive company for this thing in Perth.

Z Sugomi

Z SugomiPerth, WA

Not plumbers

I had a basic toilet blockage which RichTek quoted an estimated $220 repair. After attending the charge was $990. I had asked the plumber were there any other options and they said no. Blatantly lying there are many options other plumbers can use to clear drains. They also wont complete the job they quote you for. The charge include the whole property but they only clear the blockage itself. I have reported the scam to ACCC i would recommend if you have been scammed to also report this company.

Craig T.

Craig T.Perth, WA

Dishonest

Was told my circut breakers were recalled and were unsafe, paid a deposit and then after further investigation realised that they were not recalled and richtek had blatently lied, no deposit refunded do not use

Disappointed Perth, WA

Don’t know they never showed up

Rang the 1300# for plumber 12.37pm. Was told they would be here within the hour. At 3pm called for an ETA was told that I would get a call back from the plumber within 10min with an ETA. 3.30called back as no call from plumber rec, no answer. Kept calling no answer. Sent an sms through their site reply advised I would rec a reply in 10 min. Sent another sms. No reply 12 hrs later. Still waiting. Would love to say they were great but they never showed up

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Don't Use these guys

Simply wanted a new powerpoint. Not a hard or large job. The first guy that came out gave me a quote, which I thought was strange given that he could have simply done the work. They wanted a 50% deposit. Then they booked a time to put it in, however, the person never turned up. I have now requested the deposit be refunded 5 times, still hasn't been refurned.

Feeling Totally Ripped Off

Was advised that my “circuits were fried” and needed new box upgrade. Was told it was big job and would cost $ 3,290 parts and labour. Did the job in an hour. Totally unjustifiable costs for both labour and parts. Complained and was told that was the cost. Will never use this company again and will be advising all the same. Still waiting for invoice to justify this cost.

Grant

Do not recommend

chris w.

chris w.Perth, WA

Avoid Richtek at all costs

We were charged an extraordinary amount - $395 - for a 15 minute job that I had essentially already contributed to over 50% of the problem/labour with my own digging, sourcing the leak, purchasing the relevant materials etc. Despite this, we were still charged a standard fee 'for repairing a main copper pipe of $395.' Never heard this ambiguous policy before. All the plumber did was conclude the work I had started. Worse, the plumber didn't even patch up the site with the dirt I had conveniently dug for him to expose the initial problem! Avoid. Very disappointing.

Ad

Stay away from this company