Richtek

• Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
MaryPerth, WA

Deceptive and fraudulent

Provided a quote without examining the problem. Quoted over $3000 and wanted 50% payment up front and then left saying they would be back in an hour. Did not return for over 6 hours.
Two other quotes came in at $450 and $500 for exactly the same job stated by Richtec.
Both other electricians that provided a comparative quote stated that the quote provided by Richtec did not actually address the problem which was a faulty dimmer switch.
If you engage theses fraudsters then you have money to burn. They are cocky who think everyone else are fools.
I will be reporting them to consumer affairs.

Kate
KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fake Alex

Beware Alex is cunning like a fox!
Don’t be fooled by his crap accent!
He is all about sales and don’t care about you, your job or workmanship!
Keep talking charming Alex

Trevor DoddPerth, WA

These people are to be avoided.

These people are to be avoided unless you want to be grossly overcharged. Double the price that anyone else charges. They take advantage of emergencies to senior citizens. Get three quotes and you will see.

Patrick
PatrickPerth, WA

Only one chance

I contacted them at 10 am for an emergency electrical problem in my premise. The answer I got was.Someone will be at your place between 10 and5 pm. They will call you 30 minutes before arriving. Two days later no call no one came . Luckily, I found another company more professional and they turned up. How can anyone run a business like this?

David
DavidPerth, WA

FAST PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

The quality of their work is excellent and they go that extra mile to make sure it meets your expectations.
We found all the personnel from reception to completion all highly professional
Strongly recommended

Annoyed
Annoyed

Over priced repairs

We called out Richtek to do an repair during working hours, they attended said they needed parts and a deposit and would return at 230 pm. No show called 4 times and another electrician attended after 6 pm Repair completed in the dark 3 x circuit breakers $900 dollars excessive charge for minimal work.

Deano
DeanoPerth

Lied about work needed. Tried selling unnecessary services. Poor workmanship

Isabelle
IsabellePerth, WA

Do not use this company - liars, no admin process, and expensive

Would not recommend this Company, and I will never use them again. Did not show up the day they were supposed, and no compensation for my time. They refused to take responsibility for their admin process, and lied by implying they contacted me on multiple occasion when they never did. Also they, and the Debt collectors engaged by them, threaten me with legal action, BEFORE even contacting me or sending an receipt/invoice, even though I paid 80% of the cost upfront. They overcharge - grouting job was 20% more than their competitors.

Caveat emptor

Inaccurate diagnosis, talked me out of other products, overpriced, poor workmanship. Avoid this company at all costs. I give them a one because minus 100 isn’t an option. Go elsewhere!

Worst Company I have every dealt with

Would not recommend this Company.
Their follow up service is non existent as to fixing a problem we had
with them . They do not contact you when you ask. It’s amazing how they state on all advertising that their workmanship is guaranteed.
It’s a shame they don’t practice what they preach.

Jenex
JenexPerth, WA

Thieves

Called Richtek is install my security cameras I had bought. Over $2000 later- just for the install the installer asked me for more cash to go buy more parts! $100 to be told. No record of this on invoice or any where else. I think I paid for his petrol and lunch! I rang and emailed the office disputing the charges but no one ever returns the calls. Owner avoided calls -staff promised he would call back. Never did. Mind you the installer spent more time on the phone trying to find out how to install the unit. Totally ripped off and out of pocket. Do not use this ripoff company

Scammers

They quoted the highest cost possible solution to the problem rather than the most likely problem. Refused to take responsibility. You can't trust this mob. Wish we never used them.

NNY
NNYPerth, WA

The issue reappeared again after it was fixed

John KPerth, WA

The WORST !! Do not use this “Company” !!

Simply: they overcharged and FAILED to fix the problem.
They were prompt, I’ll give them that but I was ripped off completely.
My Circuit Breaker kept tripping out and I was informed that my entire Board needed rewiring and upgrading: so I paid them $3200 to do this - and was left with a beautiful, overpriced, new board but also left with a Circuit Breaker that kept tripping !!
They did not fix the initial problem NOR would they return my calls.
$3200 spent for nothing !!
I implore you: DO NOT USE THESE GUYS !!
PS: I have since had the issue fixed by someone else (and was charged under $200)

Other Electricians

Avoid this company (at all costs)

Margaret Seats
Margaret Seatsasked

Just had a call out and Jack arrived to check out my kitchen tap due to dripping he suggested installing a new one. I, being alone and 89 years of age, and not having any knowledge at all re kitchen taps, was shown some examples and I chose the lower priced one $506.00. - first was $944.90 and beyond my means being a pensioner. I only hope I have done the right thing in choosing the $506.00 item as I am inclined to feel a little apprehensive now, maybe I should have had someone with me to advise the best way to go. I have already paid half the amount owing, $250.00.
Sincerely,
Margaret Seats

Trevor Dodd

you need to get 3 quotes to make sure you get a fair price. I googled the product e.g the tap, and found out the price. Provided you know what make and model of tap required. Make sure you get a quote from a local to your area, as i find they are the most reasonable. Unfortunately you may have not required a new tap at all, and it may have just needed a washer changed, or maybe a reseat and washer. Margaret i would have died if someone wanted over $500 dollars for a tap. Must be a flash tap. The deal is done by paying the deposit, so you need to do your homework before you buy. I made the same mistake when they charged me the earth to change my 91 year old mothers hot water system. I could have bought the hot water system online delivered for $680 and they charged my mother $2663. I thought it was a bit RICH. I think you are only supposed to pay 10% for a deposit as well. Damage done ,lesson learned. I would not recommend them.

Mary

Unfortunately Margaret I agree with Trevor’s comments above. I believe that they target the elderly. They quoted my father over $3000 for electrical work that didn’t need to be done when the actual problem was a faulty dimmer switch. We had a very difficult time getting any money back. I believe that they are very dishonest. Always get 3 quotes, we learned the hard way as well. I would strongly recommend no one uses this company.

M.Crouchasked

This company (Ricktech Electrical) treats its customers with total disregard. How is consumer affairs not involved? What else can be done? Surly a company should not treat customers this way.

John K

Yep. Exactly. You tell me !!
It is nothing short of disgusting

M.Crouch

Decided to have our day in the Perth Magistrates court. It’s less about the money and more on principle. They give tradies a bad name

Susan L.
Susan L.

This company will not be around for long, they are being investigated as we speak. Absolutely terrible consumer complaints.