Right2Drive
See the Best Car Rental Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Right2Drive

Pros

Impressive customer service
Easy booking process

Cons

No branch in Canberra

2.8

Oh dear is anyone in the office

Yvonne Selir
Yvonne SelirHobart, TAS

Over priced and very unprofessional

Had a vehicle through you and I tell you they are well over priced and insurance companies don’t like to use this company… for 7 day hire $1500+
Never again will we use them

• Vehicle TypeKia Rio
AnitaSydney, NSW

They know nothing about cars

When booking I stressed numerous times it had to be the same height and type as a prado as this is what I drive and need the height and seat type for my back. They brought a Sorrento. I told them it wasnt good enough so they just dropped off a Cherokee. Which is still not a prado equivalent but these people don't know anything about cars. Its also filthy and has clearly had at least one child vomit in it based off the stench. It has dog hair in the back and doesn't seem to have been cleaned in the last year. For a car based enterprise to have no idea of cars is laughable. I will never use these again and cannot wait to be rid of their heap of crap.

Anita

I take it you've already been paid by the insurance company since you haven't bothered to respond to the email I sent you?

Communication Terrible

I completed their online form yesterday and have heard nothing. I have left a message for them to call be back, nothing. Having waited in a queue on their call, I then get voicemail and told I'll get a call back. Nothing.

Nicole
NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Filthy car

Gave my kid a car in filthy condition.
Use a body shop with nice hire cars instead - I tried to call but the hold was too long, couldn't deal with the poor service.
I can see a lot of responses to negative reviews ask to get in touch but the wait times are too long and truth is, a filthy car shouldn't leave the lot.
And the running theme is - youre not at fault = crap service as youre not paying and its dealt with everyone outside of your control.

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Great idea - very poorly managed.

Customer Experience MgrRight2DriveSend a private message

Hi Brian, we will be waiving the charges for this hire.

Destresses the Impact of finding yourself without a car after being involved in a car accident. Huge relief

1st Rate service
Staff very helpful & prompt.
Great in a stressful situation
Didn't get a similar vehicle but it was just as effective. Mitsi ASX v BMW X5 M50d
Learning about the Company's existence took a while. Referrred by the panelbeater.

• Vehicle TypeMitsubishi ASX
Adrian Svolo
Adrian SvoloSydney Surrounds, NSW

The name says it all !!!!

The team at R2D were great. From start to end, the team ensured I was aware of everything that was going on and delivered their service with courtesy and professionalism. It made the issue of being in a not at fault accident so much easier to deal with. My day to day routine was not disturbed in any way due to the no cost car that was provided to me. Since my experience with R2D, I have been spreading the word as I feel so many more could benefit knowing about R2D. Its a shame the insurance companies don't do the right thing and bring R2D to the attention of their customers, rather than just trying to charge them extra on their policy to have a hire car should they be involved in an accident.
Keep up the great work. :)

• Vehicle TypeBMW 3 Series
Frank W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service, no empathy was provided for my situation after my car was a total loss. I was treated like I was trying to do something dodgy by organising a loan car - after I was advised to call them by my insurance company - and then very much treated like I was unreasonable in seeking a loan car in the first place.
Avoid this company if at all possible.

Frank W.

I'm already without the use of my own vehicle. My insurer won't take my car (which has a preliminary assessment of total loss) until the assessor has completed valuation. I explained this to the supervisor, Jodie, to whom I spoke.

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless

Our insurance said to call them for a replacement vehicle considering it wasn’t our fault. Three weeks still no car and don’t want one now. Absolutely useless. If I could give them a negative rating I would.

Chris

Christine Ousalkas and my phone number is 0411306396. It was my husband that had made the request for a car and his name is George Ousalkas.

Chris

Yes josh I would like to talk to you.

Chico
ChicoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never heard about this service. Turned out to be awesome

Great for a "not at fault" driver. Drop off and pick up from my place of work. Kia Cerrato was not bad at all. Great conveniencee, when the insurance companies take 1 month to settle claims

• Vehicle TypeKia Cerato

Excellent hassle free service

Initial contact was a bit laborious .. I think the contact person was quite new to the job.. but after that the service was exemplary extending to delivering a replacement car to my home after I advised them the first vehicle was unsuitable.

Amaninder Singh
Amaninder SinghCanberra

Trust all these good reviews. This service is on next level.

It is not the usual car hire service. I was scared of the insurance charges or what if at fault party doesn't pay for the car hire. I was simply told there are 0 charges. Couldn't believe it until the whole process was over. If they do come up with any charges I will update the review.

• Vehicle TypeHyundai Sonata
Heidi
HeidiSydney, NSW

Wouldn’t go anywhere else!!!!

Always professional and prompt in getting me back on the road. Staff and crew at Moorebank are a pleasure to work with. My go to for all my rental Needs!!
Due to the recent hail and high number of claims at the time of service I didn’t receive the car that I expected, but non the less, they went above and beyond to make sure I had a car for me to use for work. So I’m happy and grateful for this.

• Vehicle TypeKia Sportage

Judy Carey
Judy Careyasked

The car that run into me didn’t stop.I reported it to Rose Bay Police station & gave all the particulars.
I am insured with Youi but unfortunately I’m not eligible for a hire car as they can’t claim on the driver because he didn’t stop.
Am I able to use your service?

gilmay97
gilmay97asked

The vehicle 504BDZ was provided by Zupps while my vehicle is being repaired, you have a 100 km per day limit on travelling, a very poor restraint, it takes more than that for most people to get to work. For your vehicles to be of practical use, we need unrestricted use and travel, other wise we are better of to go elswhere. It is just another rental vehicle, is it not.

John C.
John C.asked

Got a hire car off you people on 1.1. 2020 after being in an accident. After giving the car back I received a fine in the mail dating 30.12 2019 . How do I go about getting out of the fine ? Plus at the time of the fine on the paperwork ( 5.10 am ) I was at work on the 30.12 2019 as I start work at 4am . Can you please help me ? Looking forward to your answer.

Christina
Christina

Get an answer from our members and Right2Drive representatives

Details ·

Features:

• These cars are only provided to drivers who were not at fault during an accident
  • The hire car is funded by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. If this person refuses to pay, then Right2Drive will not charge you for the rental costs
  • Apply for a loan online and Right2Drive will assess your application and determine your suitability
  • The cars are COVID safe, with fully sterilised interiors and disposable steering wheel covers

Points of praise:

• For those who had booked a car after getting into an accident, Right2Drive’s efficient service alleviated a lot of stress
  • It was common for consumers to receive professional service by friendly staff members
  • Many reviewers were surprised to receive a better vehicle than they had initially booked.

Points to consider:

• If you were at fault, you’re not able to qualify for a loan car with Right2Drive

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Accidents happen, and if you need a replacement car, Right2Drive will swiftly provide you with a suitable option. With an overwhelming majority of 5-star reviews, Right2Drive achieved the 2021 ProductReview award for their efficient customer service and easy booking process.

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Right2Drive is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2021, 2020 and 2019. Learn more

Other Car Rental Services