Right2Drive
See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Right2Drive

Pros

• Impressive customer service

• Easy booking process

Cons

• No branch in Canberra

2.8
  • Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

Oh dear is anyone in the office

Yvonne Selir
Yvonne SelirHobart, TAS

Over priced and very unprofessional

Had a vehicle through you and I tell you they are well over priced and insurance companies don’t like to use this company… for 7 day hire $1500+
Never again will we use them

Vehicle TypeKia Rio
AnitaSydney, NSW

They know nothing about cars

When booking I stressed numerous times it had to be the same height and type as a prado as this is what I drive and need the height and seat type for my back. They brought a Sorrento. I told them it wasnt good enough so they just dropped off a Cherokee. Which is still not a prado equivalent but these people don't know anything about cars. Its also filthy and has clearly had at least one child vomit in it based off the stench. It has dog hair in the back and doesn't seem to have been cleaned in the last year. For a car based enterprise to have no idea of cars is laughable. I will never use these again and cannot wait to be rid of their heap of crap.

Anita

I take it you've already been paid by the insurance company since you haven't bothered to respond to the email I sent you?

Communication Terrible

I completed their online form yesterday and have heard nothing. I have left a message for them to call be back, nothing. Having waited in a queue on their call, I then get voicemail and told I'll get a call back. Nothing.

Car Rental Services

Find out how Right2Drive compares to other Car Rental Services

Nicole
NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Filthy car

Gave my kid a car in filthy condition.
Use a body shop with nice hire cars instead - I tried to call but the hold was too long, couldn't deal with the poor service.
I can see a lot of responses to negative reviews ask to get in touch but the wait times are too long and truth is, a filthy car shouldn't leave the lot.
And the running theme is - youre not at fault = crap service as youre not paying and its dealt with everyone outside of your control.

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Great idea - very poorly managed.

Brand ManagerRight2Drive

Hi Brian, we will be waiving the charges for this hire.

Frank W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service, no empathy was provided for my situation after my car was a total loss. I was treated like I was trying to do something dodgy by organising a loan car - after I was advised to call them by my insurance company - and then very much treated like I was unreasonable in seeking a loan car in the first place.
Avoid this company if at all possible.

Frank W.

I'm already without the use of my own vehicle. My insurer won't take my car (which has a preliminary assessment of total loss) until the assessor has completed valuation. I explained this to the supervisor, Jodie, to whom I spoke.

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless

Our insurance said to call them for a replacement vehicle considering it wasn’t our fault. Three weeks still no car and don’t want one now. Absolutely useless. If I could give them a negative rating I would.

Chris

Christine Ousalkas and my phone number is 0411306396. It was my husband that had made the request for a car and his name is George Ousalkas.

Chris

Yes josh I would like to talk to you.

John C.
John C.asked

Got a hire car off you people on 1.1. 2020 after being in an accident. After giving the car back I received a fine in the mail dating 30.12 2019 . How do I go about getting out of the fine ? Plus at the time of the fine on the paperwork ( 5.10 am ) I was at work on the 30.12 2019 as I start work at 4am . Can you please help me ? Looking forward to your answer.

Christina
Christina

It is very hard to understand this post. If you got the hire car from Right2Drive on the 01.01.2020 and the fine was dated on the 30.12.2019, then the fine is not yours; unless the fine was under your car not the hire car. If any more issue with the fine, then I suggest you contact the people that issued the fine to you. Good Luck!

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting us. In order for us to further investigate, I will need some more details from you. Are you able to please email me your full name and contact details to customercare@right2drive.com.au so I can have someone look into your file and then come back to you with a response?

Kind Regards, Josh

Doreen S.
Doreen S.asked

driving the right to drive car in a shopping centre yesterday and a 4 wheel drive reversed into me a I as I was stationery a I could not move on waiting for traffic in front of me. Big question what do I do as the other driver was at fault got is details and reporting to police this afternoon. I am so stressed recovering frm my accident last week I am not coping too well. The loan car came from regal crash iin s.a.

Hi Doreen,

Please do not stress about this. Right2Drive has a zero insurance excess which means you can drive our cars with peace of mind. Best thing to do would be to call the branch where you received the vehicle from. Or alternatively, if you would like, I can have our SA manager give you a call to talk you through what will happen next? If so, please email your contact details and any questions you may have to customercare@right2drive.com.au

Kind Regards, Josh

Andrew
Andrewasked

After another not at fault accident , I applied online with Right2Drive but have had no response after nearly four weeks.I received a reference number by return email so my application has gone through.Because I needed to get a rental car organised as soon as possible , I have gone through another company who have approved a car for me once my car goes into the panel beaters , very disappointed Right2Drive , I thought you were better than that.

Carol
Carol

I applied on line and received call back the following day. Car was delivered to my home that afternoon. Four days later i still could not provide other parties claim number right2drive extended loan for amother fve days at no cost. Fantastic

Brand ManagerRight2Drive

Hi Andrew, I am so sorry to hear we didn't get in contact with you once you lodged an application. I would like to investigate why you never heard back from us. If you are able to send your contact details through to customercare@right2drive.com.au I will be able to look into the matter. Kind regards, Josh

Get an answer from our members and Right2Drive representatives

Features:

• These cars are only provided to drivers who were not at fault during an accident
  • The hire car is funded by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. If this person refuses to pay, then Right2Drive will not charge you for the rental costs
  • Apply for a loan online and Right2Drive will assess your application and determine your suitability
  • The cars are COVID safe, with fully sterilised interiors and disposable steering wheel covers

Points of praise:

• For those who had booked a car after getting into an accident, Right2Drive’s efficient service alleviated a lot of stress
  • It was common for consumers to receive professional service by friendly staff members
  • Many reviewers were surprised to receive a better vehicle than they had initially booked.

Points to consider:

• If you were at fault, you’re not able to qualify for a loan car with Right2Drive

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Accidents happen, and if you need a replacement car, Right2Drive will swiftly provide you with a suitable option. With an overwhelming majority of 5-star reviews, Right2Drive achieved the 2021 ProductReview award for their efficient customer service and easy booking process.