Right2Drive

Pros

• Impressive customer service

• Easy booking process

Cons

• No branch in Canberra

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle
Anita

AnitaSydney, NSW

They know nothing about cars

When booking I stressed numerous times it had to be the same height and type as a prado as this is what I drive and need the height and seat type for my back. They brought a Sorrento. I told them it wasnt good enough so they just dropped off a Cherokee. Which is still not a prado equivalent but these people don't know anything about cars. Its also filthy and has clearly had at least one child vomit in it based off the stench. It has dog hair in the back and doesn't seem to have been cleaned in the last year. For a car based enterprise to have no idea of cars is laughable. I will never use these again and cannot wait to be rid of their heap of crap.

Holztor

HolztorCanberra 2600, ACT

Ignored requests for proof of charges

Communication Terrible

I completed their online form yesterday and have heard nothing. I have left a message for them to call be back, nothing. Having waited in a queue on their call, I then get voicemail and told I'll get a call back. Nothing.

Received Booked VehicleNo, I received a worse vehicle

Find out how Right2Drive compares to other Car Rental Services

Worst company to deal with

Angie L

Angie LSydney, NSW

Dreadful service

Contacted them before New Years gave all the data ile of at fault driver. I called a week before my car was to be repaired and get told that it had been rejected. They didn’t call to advise me I had to call them. They lied to me saying the at fault driver’s phone had been disconnected. I call his number and he answered straight away. Left me with no vehicle and no intention of calling me to let me know.

tnwls9502

tnwls9502Sydney, NSW

Took my money without my consent

Gini

GiniSydney Surrounds, NSW

breach of privacy

Watch out, had previously used right to drive and my details where kept on file. Right to drive then used my details and phone number to contact me about my son who had an accident. From what I have read about the privacy act, this is a clear breach of my privacy. I have not authorised this company to use my details for any other purpose other than the original claim.

Right2Drive Right2Drive

They said “Branches across Australia” that’s not true - No branch for Canberra. Waste of my time to fill a long form.

Waste of my time to fill out the form
Received a call that saying no branch in Canberra where it advertised “...branches across Australia...” and “car will be delivered to you”

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Disorganised and more hassle than its worth

TraceyPerth, WA

all paths lead to a dead end

Endless hold listening to the same short psycho right to drive message , so decided to ring a local branch. I got redirected to the national queue and lost my original place where I had already spent 20 minutes on hold. So I decided to ring a 3rd branch and despite again I was herded like cattle into the national, overloaded network. I suggest answering the phones or putting pleasant music to listen to whilst on hold.

Hi Josh,
Thanks for responding. I am not going to pursue further with you. This is an executive management problem, not the over worked staff on the lowest wages problem.

Frank W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service, no empathy was provided for my situation after my car was a total loss. I was treated like I was trying to do something dodgy by organising a loan car - after I was advised to call them by my insurance company - and then very much treated like I was unreasonable in seeking a loan car in the first place.
Avoid this company if at all possible.

Frank W.

I'm already without the use of my own vehicle. My insurer won't take my car (which has a preliminary assessment of total loss) until the assessor has completed valuation. I explained this to the supervisor, Jodie, to whom I spoke.

Toonie T

Toonie T

Pushy and rude

My details were given to Right2Drive by the smash repairer. I found them to be quite pushy, trying to convince me to arrange a car with them before my insurance had even confirmed the car was a write-off. They then sent multiple follow-up texts.
I spoke with them twice, but the details were different the 2nd time. In trying to clarify what was required the guy on the phone was quite rude, particularly given they contacted me first. Then he hung up on me.
I'd recommend google-ing 'not at fault car hire' before committing to anything with Right2Drive.

Kat

KatSydney Surrounds, NSW

very unhappy with the service

very unhappy with the service still waiting one week later and 5 calls for a car to be organised
was recommended and feel let down so inconvenient. Do your research before

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Constant harassment from this company. Appalling communications.

Keep sending me threats for a year now. Demanding payment for a no fault incident. Lose records of communications. Each letter has a different reply email. Disgusting intimidation and harassment.

Right2Drive Right2Drive

I am sorry to hear you haven’t had a pleasant experience with us. In order for us to investigate your file, could you please email customercare@right2drive.com.au with your full name and contact details?

Harrassed
Harrassed

What a joke

These people hired a car to a person who’s claim had been rejected by there insurance company now trying to claim there money back from the so called offender of $756 for 3 day car hire frig I could hire a Ferrari for that price wake up and get the fict right before you start sending final demands of payment

Lynne

LynneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible place to use

Rang them up to get a car and had every information that I needed, name, address, phone, insurance company, etc etc but because I didn't have his rego number they refused to help me. Said his car might be unregistered but the claim had been approved by his insurance company, and I'm sure his insurance company is not going to help if it was unregistered, had the claim number and still refused to help me. Wouldn't recommend unless you've got half an hour to answer every question and then get told no.

D of QQueanbeyan

NO Service In Canberra or local region

The best they could do was arrange a hire car miles away. It worked out cheaper for us to simply claim the cost of a hire car back from the other party directly with their insurer (NRMA in this case). This company would be OK if they actually could live up to their promises. The worst thing was that they got all our details and the third party information before telling us that. Very stupid and unnecessary process. I don't think you need them anyway. Most insurers will pay for a taxi or hire car if you ask them. Just try that first.

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Hi DofQ, I am sorry to hear about your experience and have relayed your feedback to our team.

D of Q

That's just words and you are not fixing the problem by simply being sorry. You should not advertise that you deliver cars to people if you don't deliver cars to people. Pretty simple really.

Cassandra Boland

Cassandra BolandSydney, NSW

Rubbish Company

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Hi Cassandra, I am sorry to hear about your experience with us. We are currently investigating this further to resolve what occurred as this is not the experience we strive to provide our customers.

James

James

1k+ Fake reviews?

Most of these reviews appear to be fake. To see some real reviews set it oldest first, before they flooded it with fakes. This business is taking advantage of distressed people involved in car accidents, charging X5 times the correct price for car hire and increasing everybody's insurance premiums.

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Useless

Our insurance said to call them for a replacement vehicle considering it wasn’t our fault. Three weeks still no car and don’t want one now. Absolutely useless. If I could give them a negative rating I would.

Chris

Christine Ousalkas and my phone number is 0411306396. It was my husband that had made the request for a car and his name is George Ousalkas.

Chris

Yes josh I would like to talk to you.

John C.

John C.asked

Got a hire car off you people on 1.1. 2020 after being in an accident. After giving the car back I received a fine in the mail dating 30.12 2019 . How do I go about getting out of the fine ? Plus at the time of the fine on the paperwork ( 5.10 am ) I was at work on the 30.12 2019 as I start work at 4am . Can you please help me ? Looking forward to your answer.

Christina
Christina

It is very hard to understand this post. If you got the hire car from Right2Drive on the 01.01.2020 and the fine was dated on the 30.12.2019, then the fine is not yours; unless the fine was under your car not the hire car. If any more issue with the fine, then I suggest you contact the people that issued the fine to you. Good Luck!

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting us. In order for us to further investigate, I will need some more details from you. Are you able to please email me your full name and contact details to customercare@right2drive.com.au so I can have someone look into your file and then come back to you with a response?

Doreen S.

Doreen S.asked

driving the right to drive car in a shopping centre yesterday and a 4 wheel drive reversed into me a I as I was stationery a I could not move on waiting for traffic in front of me. Big question what do I do as the other driver was at fault got is details and reporting to police this afternoon. I am so stressed recovering frm my accident last week I am not coping too well. The loan car came from regal crash iin s.a.

Hi Doreen,

Please do not stress about this. Right2Drive has a zero insurance excess which means you can drive our cars with peace of mind. Best thing to do would be to call the branch where you received the vehicle from. Or alternatively, if you would like, I can have our SA manager give you a call to talk you through what will happen next? If so, please email your contact details and any questions you may have to customercare@right2drive.com.au

Andrew

Andrewasked

After another not at fault accident , I applied online with Right2Drive but have had no response after nearly four weeks.I received a reference number by return email so my application has gone through.Because I needed to get a rental car organised as soon as possible , I have gone through another company who have approved a car for me once my car goes into the panel beaters , very disappointed Right2Drive , I thought you were better than that.

Carol
Carol

I applied on line and received call back the following day. Car was delivered to my home that afternoon. Four days later i still could not provide other parties claim number right2drive extended loan for amother fve days at no cost. Fantastic

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Hi Andrew, I am so sorry to hear we didn't get in contact with you once you lodged an application. I would like to investigate why you never heard back from us. If you are able to send your contact details through to customercare@right2drive.com.au I will be able to look into the matter. Kind regards, Josh

Get an answer from our members and Right2Drive representatives

Features:

• These cars are only provided to drivers who were not at fault during an accident
  • The hire car is funded by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. If this person refuses to pay, then Right2Drive will not charge you for the rental costs
  • Apply for a loan online and Right2Drive will assess your application and determine your suitability
  • The cars are COVID safe, with fully sterilised interiors and disposable steering wheel covers

Points of praise:

• For those who had booked a car after getting into an accident, Right2Drive’s efficient service alleviated a lot of stress
  • It was common for consumers to receive professional service by friendly staff members
  • Many reviewers were surprised to receive a better vehicle than they had initially booked.

Points to consider:

• If you were at fault, you’re not able to qualify for a loan car with Right2Drive

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Accidents happen, and if you need a replacement car, Right2Drive will swiftly provide you with a suitable option. With an overwhelming majority of 5-star reviews, Right2Drive achieved the 2021 ProductReview award for their efficient customer service and easy booking process.