Right2Drive

Pros

• Impressive customer service

• Easy booking process

Cons

• No branch in Canberra

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

Nicole

NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Filthy car

Gave my kid a car in filthy condition.
Use a body shop with nice hire cars instead - I tried to call but the hold was too long, couldn't deal with the poor service.
I can see a lot of responses to negative reviews ask to get in touch but the wait times are too long and truth is, a filthy car shouldn't leave the lot.
And the running theme is - youre not at fault = crap service as youre not paying and its dealt with everyone outside of your control.

Vehicle Condition
Matthew A.

Matthew A.Sydney, NSW

Quick and helpful initially. Horrible experience after the fact.

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Great idea - very poorly managed.

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Hi Brian, we will be waiving the charges for this hire.

Car Rental Services

Find out how Right2Drive compares to other Car Rental Services

RobertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped off.

Billed post use for fuel usage after return of vehicle. Beware people. Attempted to complain and found staff could / would not speak English, emails not answered , requests for management unanswered.

Dean

DeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor communication

Booked vehicle 2 weeks in advance. Local branch not receiving calls. Called twice did not receive call back.
Not impressed.

Suzanne

SuzannePerth

Don't bother if the person who hit you is uninsured

Don't bother applying if you have the extra misfortune of the person who hit you being uninsured. I was rear ended by an uninsured idiot who hit me at speed while I was stopped at a roundabout and because she is uninsured I was advised I am not eligible for this service. So I am now without my 4WD for 6 weeks, I have to cancel our holiday as we cannot tow our caravan with my husbands sedan and I have to pay to rent a vehicle privately so I can get to work for the next 6 weeks as my husband works different hours. Check your insurance policies too, luckily my insurer is fixing my car but I found out after the fact that I could have had cover for hire car after accident as an optional extra... which I was never previously advised of.

Read the fine print

The agreement states that Right to Drive will charge the hirer if they are unable to recover the costs from the other party. The extent of these costs are not specified.
So take care. They may provide a valuable service, but there is a catch.

Concerned Consumer

Concerned ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No cost? Think again.

These type of businesses drive up insurance premiums with their excessive demands. Think your getting something for free? Think again. If you use this service don't ask your insurer why your premiums keep increasing. We all pay for this free hire car.

Bri

BriSydney, NSW

Disappointed by service

I was rear ended by another vehicle leaving my car in for repair, I contacted right 2 drive and filled out all the paper work they provided. One day later they contacted me asking questions I had already answered on their paperwork. They ended the call by telling me they would call me in the next couple of days and organise the car drop off time and location. After a couple days I still hadn't heard from them so I called them only for it to go to message bank. It has been a week and still no contact. Very unimpressed by the lack of communication and poor service.

Car Rental Services

Find out how Right2Drive compares to other Car Rental Services

Draganotz

DraganotzSydney, NSW

Didn't work for me....

John C.

John C.asked

Got a hire car off you people on 1.1. 2020 after being in an accident. After giving the car back I received a fine in the mail dating 30.12 2019 . How do I go about getting out of the fine ? Plus at the time of the fine on the paperwork ( 5.10 am ) I was at work on the 30.12 2019 as I start work at 4am . Can you please help me ? Looking forward to your answer.

Christina
Christina

It is very hard to understand this post. If you got the hire car from Right2Drive on the 01.01.2020 and the fine was dated on the 30.12.2019, then the fine is not yours; unless the fine was under your car not the hire car. If any more issue with the fine, then I suggest you contact the people that issued the fine to you. Good Luck!

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting us. In order for us to further investigate, I will need some more details from you. Are you able to please email me your full name and contact details to customercare@right2drive.com.au so I can have someone look into your file and then come back to you with a response?

Kind Regards, Josh

Doreen S.

Doreen S.asked

driving the right to drive car in a shopping centre yesterday and a 4 wheel drive reversed into me a I as I was stationery a I could not move on waiting for traffic in front of me. Big question what do I do as the other driver was at fault got is details and reporting to police this afternoon. I am so stressed recovering frm my accident last week I am not coping too well. The loan car came from regal crash iin s.a.

Hi Doreen,

Please do not stress about this. Right2Drive has a zero insurance excess which means you can drive our cars with peace of mind. Best thing to do would be to call the branch where you received the vehicle from. Or alternatively, if you would like, I can have our SA manager give you a call to talk you through what will happen next? If so, please email your contact details and any questions you may have to customercare@right2drive.com.au

Kind Regards, Josh

Andrew

Andrewasked

After another not at fault accident , I applied online with Right2Drive but have had no response after nearly four weeks.I received a reference number by return email so my application has gone through.Because I needed to get a rental car organised as soon as possible , I have gone through another company who have approved a car for me once my car goes into the panel beaters , very disappointed Right2Drive , I thought you were better than that.

Carol
Carol

I applied on line and received call back the following day. Car was delivered to my home that afternoon. Four days later i still could not provide other parties claim number right2drive extended loan for amother fve days at no cost. Fantastic

Right2Drive Right2Drive

Hi Andrew, I am so sorry to hear we didn't get in contact with you once you lodged an application. I would like to investigate why you never heard back from us. If you are able to send your contact details through to customercare@right2drive.com.au I will be able to look into the matter. Kind regards, Josh

Get an answer from our members and Right2Drive representatives

Features:

• These cars are only provided to drivers who were not at fault during an accident
  • The hire car is funded by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. If this person refuses to pay, then Right2Drive will not charge you for the rental costs
  • Apply for a loan online and Right2Drive will assess your application and determine your suitability
  • The cars are COVID safe, with fully sterilised interiors and disposable steering wheel covers

Points of praise:

• For those who had booked a car after getting into an accident, Right2Drive’s efficient service alleviated a lot of stress
  • It was common for consumers to receive professional service by friendly staff members
  • Many reviewers were surprised to receive a better vehicle than they had initially booked.

Points to consider:

• If you were at fault, you’re not able to qualify for a loan car with Right2Drive

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Accidents happen, and if you need a replacement car, Right2Drive will swiftly provide you with a suitable option. With an overwhelming majority of 5-star reviews, Right2Drive achieved the 2021 ProductReview award for their efficient customer service and easy booking process.