Right2Drive
See the Best Car Rental Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Right2Drive

Pros

Impressive customer service
Easy booking process

Cons

No branch in Canberra

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

This company is scam

The majority of positive reviews here are clearly fake. The business model of this company is based around insurance scams with dodgy tow truck workers who probably get kickbacks. They charge multiples of the correct hire price to scam the insurance companies and increase everyone's insurance premiums. Its lack of ethics and bottom feeding at its worst. This company is literally everything that's wrong with society.

Absolute Fraud!!!!

Right2Drive force you to pay for the rental car if the insurer at fault decide not to pay for the rental car. Right2Drive is fraud. Under no circumstances trust them.

Jay. A
Jay. AGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A nightmare experience!

When someone rammed into my car, I knew it was going to be a third party claim. Got in touch with Right2Drive. They promised that they can send me a car right away and they will coordinate the repairs for my car including chasing the at-fault person and getting the car towed and repaired.
They did well on the first step but the second step was a nightmare.

They sent me a car right away! Well done there. After that, every step was a nightmare. There were no updates from them. When I called, I got conflicting advice and a promise that someone from the team will call me. They never did. At the end, it was easier for me to chase the at-fault person myself, deal with the at-fault person's insurance company and organise the repairs.

Worst experience

Not helpful at all, an accident that wasnt my fault and yet im waiting for my car to be delivered from the repairer who are 1hr drive away for the past 2 months.
Claim assessor made up notes of conversations that was never communicated to me.
R2D collected the courtesy car assuring my car will be delivered and left me with no car. A mum of 2 young kids i have no car, no means to go to work, i miss out on my wages this is not professional.
This has mentally affected me for weeks with phone calls hoping for someone to help and seems like il have to cab to the repairer pay for the cab and lost on my days wage.

Robert Osborn
Robert OsbornPerth, WA

Do not fall for their unsolicited call

The rep promised me a car and then called 20 min before pickup and said since I didn’t have the guys phone number that left on a stretcher covered in blood after they cut him from his van then never mind they would not give me one even after they called the night before and said they had his info. Do not trust these guys!

Ray A.
Ray A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scam artists at its best!

Poor customer service
Be aware l!!! They make you sign a contract stating you are not liable for any access fees if involved in an accident but then send you a $5000 bill saying you did not cooperate with the terms and conditions. Scam artist at it best!

Customer Experience MgrRight2DriveSend a private message

Oh dear is anyone in the office

• Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle
Yvonne Selir
Yvonne SelirHobart, TAS

Over priced and very unprofessional

Had a vehicle through you and I tell you they are well over priced and insurance companies don’t like to use this company… for 7 day hire $1500+
Never again will we use them

SarahgSydney, NSW

Car was unregistered!

Sarahg

Thank you to your team. I would like to reiterate that the overall service was fantastic including speaking to the other parties insurance company etc. It was only the lack of update I was disappointed with.

AnitaSydney, NSW

They know nothing about cars

When booking I stressed numerous times it had to be the same height and type as a prado as this is what I drive and need the height and seat type for my back. They brought a Sorrento. I told them it wasnt good enough so they just dropped off a Cherokee. Which is still not a prado equivalent but these people don't know anything about cars. Its also filthy and has clearly had at least one child vomit in it based off the stench. It has dog hair in the back and doesn't seem to have been cleaned in the last year. For a car based enterprise to have no idea of cars is laughable. I will never use these again and cannot wait to be rid of their heap of crap.

Anita

I take it you've already been paid by the insurance company since you haven't bothered to respond to the email I sent you?

Holztor
HolztorCanberra 2600, ACT

Ignored requests for proof of charges

Communication Terrible

I completed their online form yesterday and have heard nothing. I have left a message for them to call be back, nothing. Having waited in a queue on their call, I then get voicemail and told I'll get a call back. Nothing.

• Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a worse vehicle

Find out how Right2Drive compares to other Car Rental Services

Worst company to deal with

Angie L
Angie LSydney, NSW

Dreadful service

Contacted them before New Years gave all the data ile of at fault driver. I called a week before my car was to be repaired and get told that it had been rejected. They didn’t call to advise me I had to call them. They lied to me saying the at fault driver’s phone had been disconnected. I call his number and he answered straight away. Left me with no vehicle and no intention of calling me to let me know.

tnwls9502
tnwls9502Sydney, NSW

Took my money without my consent

Judy Carey
Judy Careyasked

The car that run into me didn’t stop.I reported it to Rose Bay Police station & gave all the particulars.
I am insured with Youi but unfortunately I’m not eligible for a hire car as they can’t claim on the driver because he didn’t stop.
Am I able to use your service?

gilmay97
gilmay97asked

The vehicle 504BDZ was provided by Zupps while my vehicle is being repaired, you have a 100 km per day limit on travelling, a very poor restraint, it takes more than that for most people to get to work. For your vehicles to be of practical use, we need unrestricted use and travel, other wise we are better of to go elswhere. It is just another rental vehicle, is it not.

John C.
John C.asked

Got a hire car off you people on 1.1. 2020 after being in an accident. After giving the car back I received a fine in the mail dating 30.12 2019 . How do I go about getting out of the fine ? Plus at the time of the fine on the paperwork ( 5.10 am ) I was at work on the 30.12 2019 as I start work at 4am . Can you please help me ? Looking forward to your answer.

Christina
Christina

Get an answer from our members and Right2Drive representatives

Features:

• These cars are only provided to drivers who were not at fault during an accident
  • The hire car is funded by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. If this person refuses to pay, then Right2Drive will not charge you for the rental costs
  • Apply for a loan online and Right2Drive will assess your application and determine your suitability
  • The cars are COVID safe, with fully sterilised interiors and disposable steering wheel covers

Points of praise:

• For those who had booked a car after getting into an accident, Right2Drive’s efficient service alleviated a lot of stress
  • It was common for consumers to receive professional service by friendly staff members
  • Many reviewers were surprised to receive a better vehicle than they had initially booked.

Points to consider:

• If you were at fault, you’re not able to qualify for a loan car with Right2Drive

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Accidents happen, and if you need a replacement car, Right2Drive will swiftly provide you with a suitable option. With an overwhelming majority of 5-star reviews, Right2Drive achieved the 2021 ProductReview award for their efficient customer service and easy booking process.