Right2Drive
See the Best Car Rental Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Right2Drive

Pros

Impressive customer service
Easy booking process

Cons

No branch in Canberra

• Booking Process
  • Vehicle Condition
  • Received Booked Vehicle

SarahgSydney, NSW

Car was unregistered!

Sarahg

Thank you to your team. I would like to reiterate that the overall service was fantastic including speaking to the other parties insurance company etc. It was only the lack of update I was disappointed with.

Nicole
NicoleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Filthy car

Gave my kid a car in filthy condition.
Use a body shop with nice hire cars instead - I tried to call but the hold was too long, couldn't deal with the poor service.
I can see a lot of responses to negative reviews ask to get in touch but the wait times are too long and truth is, a filthy car shouldn't leave the lot.
And the running theme is - youre not at fault = crap service as youre not paying and its dealt with everyone outside of your control.

• Vehicle Condition
Matthew A.
Matthew A.Sydney, NSW

Quick and helpful initially. Horrible experience after the fact.

BrianVeeSydney, NSW

Great idea - very poorly managed.

Customer Experience MgrRight2DriveSend a private message

Hi Brian, we will be waiving the charges for this hire.

RobertMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ripped off.

Billed post use for fuel usage after return of vehicle. Beware people. Attempted to complain and found staff could / would not speak English, emails not answered , requests for management unanswered.

Replacement vehicle

The booking was easy, the replacement vehicle was of a good standard and returning it was easy but my booking was forgotten so I was delayed a day and luckily my repairer obliged.

Dean
DeanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor communication

Booked vehicle 2 weeks in advance. Local branch not receiving calls. Called twice did not receive call back.
Not impressed.

not so great

I was referred to R2D by my insurer, they preferred outsourcing recovery of the hire care fees rather than managing it along with the claim for repairs. Unfortunately, R2D removed the car after a week, presumably to minimise any dispute about whether the hire care was obtained for a reasonable time, but my car was not repaired for another 10 days. Should have gone with the ordinary hire car in the first place.

Suzanne
SuzannePerth

Don't bother if the person who hit you is uninsured

Don't bother applying if you have the extra misfortune of the person who hit you being uninsured. I was rear ended by an uninsured idiot who hit me at speed while I was stopped at a roundabout and because she is uninsured I was advised I am not eligible for this service. So I am now without my 4WD for 6 weeks, I have to cancel our holiday as we cannot tow our caravan with my husbands sedan and I have to pay to rent a vehicle privately so I can get to work for the next 6 weeks as my husband works different hours. Check your insurance policies too, luckily my insurer is fixing my car but I found out after the fact that I could have had cover for hire car after accident as an optional extra... which I was never previously advised of.

LUXCAR
LUXCAR

Service is fine but not the car provided

booking was easy, customer service was good, however the vehicle quality was poor. Bad cigarette smell, car delivered with brake pads replacement required (warning message) and badly worn tyres. it was a mercedes!

Renee
ReneeGold Coast

Having use of the car was excellent

Use of the car was fantastic however drop off of the car was very poor. I had wait at least 1/2 hour after at the drop off point after the repair Center closed and then took an Uber home as right to drive was still another 1/2 hour away. They did come to my house and exchange the car there and were very apologetic and promised a reimbursement for my Uber ride however they have not yet made the payment even after a reminder.

Customer Experience MgrRight2DriveSend a private message

So good to have wheels when not at fault.

Excellent service. Friendly consultants with great knowledge of their product. I wholeheartedly recommend Right2Drive. My car was delivered the next day after the accident. A little Barina got me around perfectly. The car was clean and well kept. Thank you.

Didi
Didi

Already joined your Facebook page.

Fantastic! Thanks Didi.

Read the fine print

The agreement states that Right to Drive will charge the hirer if they are unable to recover the costs from the other party. The extent of these costs are not specified.
So take care. They may provide a valuable service, but there is a catch.

Concerned Consumer
Concerned ConsumerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No cost? Think again.

These type of businesses drive up insurance premiums with their excessive demands. Think your getting something for free? Think again. If you use this service don't ask your insurer why your premiums keep increasing. We all pay for this free hire car.

Bri
BriSydney, NSW

Disappointed by service

I was rear ended by another vehicle leaving my car in for repair, I contacted right 2 drive and filled out all the paper work they provided. One day later they contacted me asking questions I had already answered on their paperwork. They ended the call by telling me they would call me in the next couple of days and organise the car drop off time and location. After a couple days I still hadn't heard from them so I called them only for it to go to message bank. It has been a week and still no contact. Very unimpressed by the lack of communication and poor service.

Judy Carey
Judy Careyasked

The car that run into me didn’t stop.I reported it to Rose Bay Police station & gave all the particulars.
I am insured with Youi but unfortunately I’m not eligible for a hire car as they can’t claim on the driver because he didn’t stop.
Am I able to use your service?

gilmay97
gilmay97asked

The vehicle 504BDZ was provided by Zupps while my vehicle is being repaired, you have a 100 km per day limit on travelling, a very poor restraint, it takes more than that for most people to get to work. For your vehicles to be of practical use, we need unrestricted use and travel, other wise we are better of to go elswhere. It is just another rental vehicle, is it not.

John C.
John C.asked

Got a hire car off you people on 1.1. 2020 after being in an accident. After giving the car back I received a fine in the mail dating 30.12 2019 . How do I go about getting out of the fine ? Plus at the time of the fine on the paperwork ( 5.10 am ) I was at work on the 30.12 2019 as I start work at 4am . Can you please help me ? Looking forward to your answer.

Christina
Christina

Get an answer from our members and Right2Drive representatives

Features:

• These cars are only provided to drivers who were not at fault during an accident
  • The hire car is funded by the insurance company of the person who was at fault. If this person refuses to pay, then Right2Drive will not charge you for the rental costs
  • Apply for a loan online and Right2Drive will assess your application and determine your suitability
  • The cars are COVID safe, with fully sterilised interiors and disposable steering wheel covers

Points of praise:

• For those who had booked a car after getting into an accident, Right2Drive’s efficient service alleviated a lot of stress
  • It was common for consumers to receive professional service by friendly staff members
  • Many reviewers were surprised to receive a better vehicle than they had initially booked.

Points to consider:

• If you were at fault, you’re not able to qualify for a loan car with Right2Drive

2021 ProductReview Awards logo

Accidents happen, and if you need a replacement car, Right2Drive will swiftly provide you with a suitable option. With an overwhelming majority of 5-star reviews, Right2Drive achieved the 2021 ProductReview award for their efficient customer service and easy booking process.