Rimskins

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rimskins

2.6

guitaradam2000
guitaradam2000

Thought they were good, until I actually needed them

Bought these for my mini cooper after getting the wheels refurbished. Thought they looked good, they stuck well - after through prep cleaning. So decided to use them for my new Subaru Levorg. Just come back from the McDonald's drive through where I clipped the curb at 2km/h (stop-start drive through speeds). First time I've actually needed them to their their job and they failed miserably. As other's have noticed, they just peel off, and the wheel still gets damaged. Waste of money.

Ngoc D
Ngoc DMelbourne

Works well !

Works well take a bit of time to prep the wheels but once done, they're pretty solid. I think it's better to clean and prep the wheels on a hot day to ensure that there are no water residue left behind to ensure the 3M bond properly.

One of them got loose (my mistake the first time) and was smacking against the body work, lucky the material quite soft & flexible so there were no damages to the body work.

I've tried using eBay version prior however the tape provided was subpar and would completely peel off in a week.

The most annoying part maybe leftover glue residue ? Maybe Rimskins can include a removal wipe as well that would be awesome !

Other Car Accessories

Wiffa
WiffaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Read the instructions

Have been using them for a couple of years now.
As they state in the blurb won't protect at speed >5km/h impact fairly correct.
Apply in above 15c.
They stick fine just leave to dry at least 2hrs after using the supplied wipes, then wipe the rim with a dry clean dry cloth (towel) to make sure.
When sticking push down with thumb as you stick them on, after doing the entire wheel & trimming the ends a small bit of dishing washing on your thumb then push hard whilst rotating around the rimskin.
Don't drive for at least 23hrs to give the glue time to cure.

nicholas d.Rimskins

The secret is follow the instructions, use solvent to clean first.

GrantW
GrantWasked

Hi there Rimskins
I have purchased a couple of sets of your grey rimskins, one for my car and another as a gift.
I have been very happy with mine and they have saved me a couple of times for sure.
I am however having troubles with them all starting to come unstuck on all my wheels, not just the ones where they were knocked.
I read in some of your replies regarding this issue that you would fit them properly if we came in?
I'm happy to buy another set but would really appreciate help installing them properly so I'm wondering if this is possible in Sydney NSW?

Please let me know asap

Cheers
GrantW

Neil T.
Neil T.asked

Hi, did you receive my purchase order for Silver Rimskins? I had ordered before. from Auckland. Thanks. Please send reply email.

Get an answer from our members and Rimskins representatives