Ring Video Doorbell 2

Ring Video Doorbell 2

MPN: 8VR1S70AU0

See the Best Door Security in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

mummyreview

mummyreviewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handy tech once settings tuned

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Samuel T.

Samuel T.Sydney, NSW

Works well. Pleasantly surprised

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rhe

RheSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

An over priced doorbell that doesn’t work as advertised. First had issues connecting to the App, now the battery runs down within hours. Then it started with latency issues and now it doesn’t ring at all. An expensive white elephant!

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $300.00.

gardener george

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's pretty good

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings, Oxley for $249.00.

Unimpressed

UnimpressedBrisbane

It’s all about connectivity

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Chris J

Chris JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Like the parson's egg - good in parts

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

David

DavidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't waste your money

Found to be very poor with the voice connections ie hard to hear and scratchy .the installation was very easy and instructions excellent. Very slow to connect once notified on mobile phone

Purchased in May 2019 for $250.00.

Wilson C.

Wilson C.Perth, WA

Works flawlessly for me. App can be improved. Wished they have 24/7 recording

Purchased in November 2018 at Amazon for $263.00.

Motion Detection

Fantastic piece of technology.. always alert me of whose on the door

Ring door bell is perfectly working for me and always alerts and records whose on the door or approach my door. Looking forward to purchase the Home Alarm Security system to integrate with my door bell.

Purchased in January 2018 for $360.00.

Michelle G

Michelle G

Hardly ever works

Had so much trouble installing it, had to try 4 different mobile phones before I found one it would actually connect to.
Battery then died within 2 weeks however I put that down to it being the first charge and it seemed to have been ok since then.
Doorbell keeps disconnecting from wifi and is a hassle to get connected again (as neither of my phones will connect to it so need to borrow my family member's phone that I was able to set it up with initially).
Even when it does work, the app/video is so laggy that by the time I answer via the app, whoever was at the door has usually given up and walked away.

Ring
KandyceRing

Vince

VinceAdelaide

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

This has so many issues. Only works when it wants too either on 4g or wifi. Had IT experts look into it, thinking it was my internet but nothing wrong with my net. When tring to look at live view you get black screens more than a live view. Help desk is no help what so ever. Two days to get back to me and just washed there hands by saying it was the internet not the product. Please do yourself a favor and save your money. Its a very expensive non working doorbell.

Nothing but problems

Shibu

ShibuMelbourne

Very bad product

On Windows phone it was working perfect. But the App stopped working few months ago. On Android and iphone Ring apps is terrible. missing calls most of the time. Never buy this.

cockatoo

cockatoocolnrita@gmail.com

A product can't be this bad - can it?

Dr Sach Desh

Dr Sach DeshGold coast

Horrible and Rude service

The service call goes to USA- rude and hopeless service. Charged my ring plan twice even after few calls and deleting the doubling of the address twice.
[name removed] did return the amount like he is doing a fovour! That was our own money!!
Good product but these guys from USA call centre are rude and bunch of jokers!
I am now discouraging every one I know here in Australia not to go for this rude US company please.

Mick

MickMelbourne

Almost useful, not as reliable as I'd hoped

Phil O Paistree

Phil O PaistreeAuckland

95% waste of money

jack0851

jack0851Adelaide

Too Late

I agree the Vision arrives too late on the phone to be useful even if I'm at the Router. Overall disappointed that Ring does not enable me to remotely answer the door as claimed.

Tanya

TanyaCanberra

Too late

By the time I can answer or if I can answer it's too late. I can view the video later. Motion detector loads too late as well. Had a strange man at my door today.I did get motion alert but wouldn't load on my phone then when he pressed ring, I didn't answer because the screen was black. Cuts in and out, $320 is a lot of money for me so really really disappointed with the loss of money and the product doesn't work how it's promoted :-(

James

JamesAdelaide

Terrible customer service who automatically blame internet connection.

Chandel H

Chandel Hasked

The audio on my Ring Doorbell 2 is very static and not very audible, sometimes only 1 way instead of 2 way. Is this common or is this a faulty doorbell?

Mal B
Mal B

I haven’t had this experience. The 2 way audio on my doorbell is clear (and the video is surprisingly good too). I’m guessing that either the doorbell is faulty or possibly a Wi-Fi issue.

Joe
Joe

Hi Chandel, I haven’t had this experience. If I am not at home I now ignore the video calls because the time it takes to get to my phone and the doorbell to handshake, the people have gone, even though I on the NBN at home and Telstra on my phone with my modem/router on the other side of the wall of the doorbell, I would think you have a fault in your unit worth having it checked, then at least you will have a expensive doorbell at home.

Still not a big fan of the Ring Doorbell. Arlo is the way to go.
Regards, Joe.

Get an answer from our members and Ring representatives

CategoryDoor Security