Ring Video Doorbell 2

Ring Video Doorbell 2 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 8VR1S70AU0

See the Best Door Security in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

actualfred

actualfredVIC, 3213

OK but could be better.

Wasted 2 days of my life on this product

Mal BAdelaide

After a small, frustrating setup issue was resolved, it has been great

JoeQLD, 4019

Great idea but not in practice

Good Video Doorbell

SK.

SK.melbourne

Save your time and money for something better!

PaulHMelbourne

You really need nbn Tier 1 or 2 internet...

PaulH

Update: As Ring support pretty much said, if you haven't got the upload bandwidth then the Chime Pro would not help - and it didn't.

PaulH

Update 2: With a new mobile broadband connection with around 20Mbps upload, the Ring Video Doorbell is working well with a Chime Pro. Not perfect, but you certainly need good upload. Ring support have been good too in trouble shooting.

Chandel H

Chandel Hasked

The audio on my Ring Doorbell 2 is very static and not very audible, sometimes only 1 way instead of 2 way. Is this common or is this a faulty doorbell?

Mal B

I haven’t had this experience. The 2 way audio on my doorbell is clear (and the video is surprisingly good too). I’m guessing that either the doorbell is faulty or possibly a Wi-Fi issue.

Joe

Hi Chandel, I haven’t had this experience. If I am not at home I now ignore the video calls because the time it takes to get to my phone and the doorbell to handshake, the people have gone, even though I on the NBN at home and Telstra on my phone with my modem/router on the other side of the wall of the doorbell, I would think you have a fault in your unit worth having it checked, then at least you will have a expensive doorbell at home.

Still not a big fan of the Ring Doorbell. Arlo is the way to go.
Regards, Joe.

Get an answer from our members and Ring representatives

CategoryDoor Security