Ring Video DoorBell

Ring Video DoorBell (page 2 of 9)

MPN: 8VR1S5-VAU0

See the Best Door Security in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brisdoc

BrisdocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointing

Purchased this on the weekend on a whim thinking it would be a handy device to monitor visitors. The problems started right from setting up an account - the app would not allow me to enter address details then later my phone repeatedly would not join the ring network on wifi. Tried the suggested resets etc without success and finally decided wasting more precious weekend hours was not worth it. Only discovered a subscription fee was required after reading other negative online comments - cleverly not mentioned at point of sale. Returning ASAP.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $139.00.

Functionality
Connectivity / Reliability

Appalling Hardware and Software

Stay away. The doorbell WILL disconnect from your wifi, it then will REFUSE to reconnect and you MAY get lucky and it reconnects. It will simply fail and you get a useless troubleshoot that simply tells you YOU and YOUR wifi are at fault. I have 15 wifi devices on my network and they DONT have ANY to issues connecting and staying connected. and the ring chime - is EVEN WORSE, it now can NOT see my wifi, BUT it can see my neighbours, this is after randomly disconnecting from the network. And you HAVE to PAY $42AUD annual to use it.

Purchased in December 2018 for $450.00.

Functionality
Night Vision
Connectivity / Reliability
Ease of Installation
Motion Detection
Mohammed

MohammedSt.Albans

Door bell connectivity is hit and miss

This product is not worth the money. Connectivity via phone is hit n miss.

Sometimes notifies you some one is at the door after after they have gone home.

Battery only lasts about a month so get a spare.

Over all your better off getting a simple door bell and not wasting your money.

Deon

DeonMelbourne

Dishonest conduct!!!!

Having purchased the product all worked well once I bought the additional door chime to enable us to hear the doorbell in the house. My issues started once the one month trail period expired. I understood the concept that I would not be able to save any activity on the cloud once the trial period was over. What I didn't count on was the supplier preventing me from answering my doorbell remotely by injecting a constant reminder to subscribe to the cload that won't stop reappearing until it's to late to answer the doorbell. This is done deliberately to force the user to subscribe to a service they don't want. Commercial blackmail.

seano

seanoAdealide

not tamper proof doorbell unit

i bought this system an in one day had to reset it my main issue is the unit is definitely not tamper proof the screws underneath are exposed and do not sit inside unit so as to not been as noticeable anyone with descent pliers could easily remove the screws come on surely this would have been seen in design

JROGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Product

Have to constantly reset and reconnect to wifi, unreliable, laggy, terrible motion sensor and the support for this product may as well not be there. I am going back to a conventional door bell whilst I look for another product.

JRO

I am sorry but after trying so many times I have removed the doorbell and got my money back, I will never try these products again nor can I recommend it to anyone!

Really really useful- thanks the inventor !!

Real product, I get alerted with all motions and I often talk to people front of my door when I’m away - when I saw the ad I wasn’t keen but since I use it I’m very keen to keep it going

Special thank to the inventor

Zach

Nebo

NeboSydney

Terrible performance as a doorbell

The Ring Doorbell is great if you want to record people leaving your front door or if you want to record any kind of insignificant motion in front of your door. The motion sensor seems to trigger when wind blows in the tree in front of my house but for some reason doesn't trigger when a person walks up in front of it...

The time between someone ringing the doorbell and the time you get the notification is way too long, then add the time it takes for the app to start up and show you the video feed is even longer. Using this as a doorbell is simply not feasible and all you will end up with is paying $30 per year of recordings of people walking away from your front door. It's great if that's what you are into, I find it pretty useless.

PeterSydney, NSW

Do not buy RING products

Not recommended. The system works ok most of the time. I don't recommend the product because I was promised that Homekit support would be available for the RING products I purchased but having messaged their support chat today it would appear thats not going to be the case at all. They are lying to get sales. Customer support via social media doesn't exist - all you get is crickets and their customer support chat via the website is terrible.

Peter

Bilan, I sent you an email 18 days ago and have not received a response from you. "Our top priority at Ring is to ensure that our neighbors have the best possible experience with our products" - well that's a lie too isn't it.

Lunartemis

LunartemisMelbourne

Inconsistent motion sensor

We set this up between our front door and the garage and every motion from the street (about 5 meters away) gets picked up even after adjusting the sensitivity, when we drive into our garage, it doesn't trigger the motion sensor (not sure if it is a good thing or not).

I like the way the video recording gets saved and can be accessed from anywhere (with subscription - first month is free)

Skip

SkipMechanicsville va

Poor design

I had 100% wifi coverage at the ring 2. The health icon said I had poor coverage. Had to spend $50 more for a ring wifi extender to get it to work properly. Got the impression it was designed that way to get you to buy another ring product

Grobolo SalamancaPerth

Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced

Not only are the products themselves very choppy and laggy despite having 100MB internet and a rock solid wireless mesh, but issues associated with my protect plus account have been unresolved after 1 online chat ( not followed up as promised) and 3 calls to the US which have resulted in over 1 hour of lost time with no result. In one instance a call was dropped whilst on hold and no attempt to call me back even though they had taken and verified my phone number. Had to repeat the issue over and over (at least 5 times) and ultimately jump through their asinine hoops before proving the issue was with them and not my web browser. Would not recommend.

Grobolo Salamanca

Fixed account issue after just 2 whole weeks. Awesome experience - not!

StoofaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing Performance , But great when working

Around_Here

Around_HereAU

Video quality ordinary (if it connects at all), sound quality extremely poor, delayed Chime tone

Jo

Jo

Dont waste your money

The quality is terrible. Ours is under a verandah. Someone walks down the driveway it triggers the motion but there's no way you could make out their face. Its also struggles because of glare even though its under cover.

They state the battery should last 6 to 12 months. Thats a joke as i have to charge ours every 3 weeks or so.

When it captures motion it only saves 30 secs of it. So pathetic. You pay $40 subscription per year for that added bonus. Also a joke.

Half the time Live View doesnt work. When it does it takes so long to connect that you've missed what ever it was you were trying to see.

Dont waste your money. Certainly dont use it for any type of security for your home. The quality is pathetic.

Crap. Unreliable.

I have the pro version that is hardwired. Having had an existing hardwired doorbell it should have been easy - but alas no. A complete waste of time given voltage sensitivities. And the US helpline have no idea if you're outside the US. I'd rate it zero if able, given the cost.

Schulz

Schulzjanssen2000@hotmail.com

should come with large poster "knock loud or yell"

I bought the Ring doorbell and it worked for a bit, then it did not then it did...........
over the time I have it (bought 7/8/16), I would have reset it more than 50 times. I hate to get rid of it because it cost $ 289.00 plus I bought a chime for it too. all parts, chime, motion detection, network connection, delay in notice are frustrating.
Christmas is almost here, I will give it to somebody I hate enough
I will use a cardboard " knock loud and/or yell"
It will be an instant improvement

Brodie

BrodiePerth

Worked for me

Started with a doorbell and expanded to 4 more cameras which has covered the whole house. Found it easy to set up and use. Can see the comments of load up times of the videos but my experience has bee around 10 secs delay from the moment I press the button. I went all out with 3 chimes/repaaters and 5 cameras in total and think I spent around $1200. ($AUS) I have received quotes triple that for the same product/outcome and feel this system has met all my needs. If I was a criminal I can see ways to circumnavigate around the security (ie cutting power and internet feed) but fir the normal feral that target your home on ICE I am pretty sure I will have a good 1080 picture of who I need to hunt down and pay my respects to. Cheers.

Cam

CamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot hear visitors because of traffic noise and slow to connect

The only thing this is useful for is to let me know someone tried to ring the doorbell. Havent been able to talk to a single person because of the traffic noise.

No Battery life

Whilst as stated it clearly depends on multiple factors like temperature, detection settings etc, the battery life is grossly overstated. For a device that is now approximately 1 year old, we only get a month or less between recharge, no longer use the live view and have reduced our detection settings to the least possible that we would be comfortable with. I was going to explore the hardwired options and it appears they are just as problematic. I read the other reviews and see the issues with liveview delays, widespread battery life issues and hardwiring problems and it just confirms that if I hadn't drilled into a brand new house & bought an additional chime too, the Ring would already be in the bin.