Rinnai B16

Rinnai B16

MPN: B16N50

3.2

• Smells of GasYes (1) · No (8)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
peter
peterNorth Queensland, QLD

excellent hot water

i have bagged Rinnai about a gecko problame they have with there A/C. But have to say how good the b16 hot water system is. have had this b16 unit for at least 5 years maybe longer it has been there for so long i have forgotten when i put it in. And have had not one problam with it. Would highly recomend this unit

John S.
John S.South East Queensland, QLD

Good HW system - does the job, not expansive

Have a B16 gas LPG system installed in recently built house. Works a dream, most satisfied with temperature and delivery. As it is correctly sited close to kitchen & bathrooms no issue with excessive lag time for hot water.

Michael WPerth, WA

Consumer law

I think these are great long lasting reliable units BUT if you have a failure within at least 5 years max I think consumer law covers a warranty anyway. In other words a product must last at least as long as "a reasonable person would expect" = judge.
No company wants to risk such a ruling so just politely mention this to head office. They no small claims court is cheap for you, as is writing bad reviews here and Facebook etc. That should do the trick. I just got a heat pump hw system fixed one year out of warranty doing just this

Purchased for $700.00.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai B16 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Peter k
Peter kPerth, WA

B16 Installation nearest to Kitchen outlet.

Installed Rinnai B16 closer to Kitchen instead of having a 15 Metres run upgraded the gas supply back to the meter box.

Client was happy with my design.
Going back to the 1980's where the design was the Kitchen outlet being the most frequently used outlet.

Regards

Peter Kothstein
PL6440 GF8771

Purchased in September 2020 for $680.00.

A WPerth, WA

Instantaneous satisfaction

Purchased in September 2020 at Plumdog Plumbing - Western Australia for $732.21.

A W

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Got water problems

I have a rinnai b16 hot water service.it works fine.only stops every morning when get up for work at 5am.it let's no hot water out any taps in house.takes about 30 mins.after hot water comes out taps it's fine for rest off day.but same thing happens again next morning.what could problem be

Sue

It's working now.just turn off power to it for 5 mins then turned back on.

walter
walterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not so hot?

We had Rinnai hot water heater installed and after the deed was done, I realised the it will not work without the mains power. The power, fortunately, did not go off too often in the year and half since the installation but now the thing does not produce water hot enough. I went to have a good look at it and realised they you would need a degree in electronics or be an astronaut to turn the heat on by 10 degrees. We had a old Vaillant and a Bosh water heater, both of which could be coaxed to life if they were not in death throes. Rinnai, in this case, is a good looking rubbish. In my opinion, maybe someone has a better experience.

Purchased in July 2018 for $1,485.00.

Household Size2 person(s)
chenc03Perth, WA

crappy unit

Purchased in October 2015 for $2,000.00.

chenc03

But service call wants to charge 195 for something that occured within the warranty period? It states 3 years which is when problem started

john

Find out how Rinnai B16 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Ben
Ben

Heaps of hot water!

I replaced my Bosch Hydro with this unit (ok unit)......wow what a difference! The Rinnai pushes out a lot more hot water with no problems. I'm on lpg and haven't been through a bottle yet but I assume it would use more than the Bosh. The hotter the water the more gas.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Uses so much gas!

This unit uses exactly twice as much gas as our old bosch unit. It also smells sweet like its running very rich and smells like gas or cooking bread. its only a month old and Im very disappointed. I am shifting this review to the infinity 16 page which is monitored.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review jas, if you would like to call our technical team they can discuss this with you. They can be reached on 1300 555 545.

DonGasked

Hello, I have a B16 that was previously connected to Town Gas (Natural Gas I presume) at St Lucia, Brisbane Can this B16 Water Heater be connected to LPG Gas Bottles? (By a licensed plumber) Model Number -VR1620WB-50-AK NATURAL GAS AGA 6330G Serial 1602-101073 Has Specifications on the data Plate for Natural Gas and Propane. If it needs conversion to run on LPG/Propane would the parts be expensive? (I know what plumbers cost!) Thanks, Don

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi DonG, the B16 units can be converted to LPG from Natural Gas. The conversions kits can be purchased from any Rinnai Stockist which can be found on the Rinnai Australia website here:

Our technical help desk can assist with the specific part number required for your unit on 1300 555 545 option 3.

We do not set retail prices and would recommend checking with the stores for pricing.

DonG

Thanks for your quick response and information "Rinnai A." Saved me from annoying a busy plumber with questions he may not have the answers too.. I'll give the help desk a ring and do some more research. Thanks again.

Margaret in WAasked

I recently had the B16 installed and am wondering if the water temperature can be adjusted as I am finding it far too hot here in Perth, especially in summer and I don't enjoy my showers anymore.

Michael W

?! Add some cold water!...
My advice is actually to add a temperature controller which is then wall mounted indoors (my kitchen). Its low voltage wires to/from the unit. I use that to set my water temperature to 43 winter, 42 summer, which is shower temperature for me - I then don't use the cold tap at all. Then I only boost the temp occasionally to wash grease. The unit from the factory doesn't actually have a very hot temp, you have to boost the temp using instructions on a paper that is kept inside the unit. You can adjust the max temp down again... You can do all of this yourself, switch the power off. RINNAI controllers are on Ebay, I did mine. You can fit more than one controller (kitchen and bathroom) and the last controller used sets the temperature...
With that setup it's a much more enjoyable unit. I set the temp down to 38 for garden games with kids... With outside hot tap...

Margaret in WA

Thank you Michael. I do add lots of cold water and bought a large shower head which was an improvement . Appreciate your suggestions & will investigate a Temp Control Unit. The water pipes are in the roof area & it gets VERY hot here in summer. Even cold water is extremely hot.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Margaret, as the previous poster has mentioned a temperature controller means you are able to set your own preferred temperature for showering, eliminating the need to add cold water.

Details on the controllers can be found here:

Lorele O.
Lorele O.asked

I have just installed this unit and now realise if there is a power outage no electricity I will have no hot water and I am very disappointed and have no more money for another unit

Hi Lorele O,
Thanks for the question, Yes there must be a power supply available to operate this heater.

The electricity consumption is very low and we have customers in unreliable power supply locations or “off the grid” locations where a low cost Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) can provide a temporary power supply if the outages are regular.

Similarly where customers have lost power through floods, bush fires or other disasters a low cost inverter that operates from a car have been used.

Jaycar Electronics have an extensive range of UPS and Inverters available.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

• MPN: B16N50