VerifiedMPN:B16N50

Heating Speed
3.6

Peta
Peta100 posts

At least I get my housework done

Between turning on the hot tap and actually getting hot water, I can get a substantial amount of housework done. Things I like to do when waiting for my hot water: clean the kitchen/bathroom, do my make up/hair style, feed the birds, water the plants, answer emails, check the letterbox, put dinner in the oven, phone my mum. This system will give you plenty of time to do all those things and more because you'll be forever waiting for it to heat up. And once it does, expect it to go icy cold because it loves to fluctuate between thermonuclear and arctic. Fun times. As soon as I can afford to replace it, it's gone. Show details
Peter KothsteinPerth, WA7 posts

Rinnai Builder series B16

Supplied and Installed a Rinnai Builder series B16 NG 50 degree External Hot Water system
Tested and Commissioned HWS
Size of the dwelling didn't require 3 degrees upgrade
Client very appreciative of Units size and output. Show reply
Liz
LizPerth, WA2 posts

❤️rinnai b16

Inexpensive to run constant instant hot water, have this rinnai b16 for 11 years now. Annual service with only 1 problem detected last year needed a new temperature valve? Something smsll. Will be buying this model next time Show details ·  2
Dave
Daveperth4 posts

Whining and clicking noise

Does anyone else get a whining and clicking noise inside the room of the house where the HWS sits. It just happens to be my study. Its gradually got louder over the last year or so with the installer originally saying it was normal.
peter
peterNorth Queensland, QLD4 posts

excellent hot water

i have bagged Rinnai about a gecko problame they have with there A/C. But have to say how good the b16 hot water system is. have had this b16 unit for at least 5 years maybe longer it has been there for so long i have forgotten when i put it in. And have had not one problam with it. Would highly recomend this unit Show details ·  1
John S.
John S.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Good HW system - does the job, not expansive

Have a B16 gas LPG system installed in recently built house. Works a dream, most satisfied with temperature and delivery. As it is correctly sited close to kitchen & bathrooms no issue with excessive lag time for hot water. Show details ·  1
Michael W
Michael WPerth, WA17 posts

Consumer law

I think these are great long lasting reliable units BUT if you have a failure within at least 5 years max I think consumer law covers a warranty anyway. In other words a product must last at least as long as "a reasonable person would expect" = judge.
No company wants to risk such a ruling so just politely mention this to head office. They no small claims court is cheap for you, as is writing bad reviews here and Facebook etc. That should do the trick. I just got a heat pump hw system fixed one year out of warranty doing just this Show details ·  1
A W
A WPerth, WA8 posts
Sue
SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Got water problems

I have a rinnai b16 hot water service.it works fine.only stops every morning when get up for work at 5am.it let's no hot water out any taps in house.takes about 30 mins.after hot water comes out taps it's fine for rest off day.but same thing happens again next morning.what could problem be Show details
walter
walterSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Not so hot?

We had Rinnai hot water heater installed and after the deed was done, I realised the it will not work without the mains power. The power, fortunately, did not go off too often in the year and half since the installation but now the thing does not produce water hot enough. I went to have a good look at it and realised they you would need a degree in electronics or be an astronaut to turn the heat on by 10 degrees. We had a old Vaillant and a Bosh water heater, both of which could be coaxed to life if they were not in death throes. Rinnai, in this case, is a good looking rubbish. In my opinion, maybe someone has a better experience. Show details
Temperature Consistency

johnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC13 posts

Ben
Ben2 posts

Heaps of hot water!

I replaced my Bosch Hydro with this unit (ok unit)......wow what a difference! The Rinnai pushes out a lot more hot water with no problems. I'm on lpg and haven't been through a bottle yet but I assume it would use more than the Bosh. The hotter the water the more gas.

Show details

jas
jas2 posts

Uses so much gas!

This unit uses exactly twice as much gas as our old bosch unit. It also smells sweet like its running very rich and smells like gas or cooking bread. its only a month old and Im very disappointed. I am shifting this review to the infinity 16 page which is monitored.

Show details

Rinnai   DM

Thanks for the review jas, if you would like to call our technical team they can discuss this with you. They can be reached on 1300 555 545.

Lynda
Lynda

I have the Rinnai infinity 26 for 21 years the last 6 months it’s new taking 5 minutes to actually heat up the water. Do you think it’s worth getting a service person out or just replace it. Thank you.

jnu123
jnu123

Replace it, you never know what will happen tomorrow

Pete
Pete

My Rinnai b16 not producing hot water after mains power outage, is there anyway to reset it

Joey
Joey

I have a new system going in (b16) ...the LPG bottle /regulator is about 2metres away from the actual unit and I've noticed my plumber has installed it with a 1/2" gas line (all of the plumbing pipes he used are 1/2") .....the shower and b16 are pretty much back to back and the only thing running off the HWS is my shower ....just after a second opinion , thankyou

Rinnai   DM

Hi Joey, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,