Rinnai B16

MPN: B16N50

1.8

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (1) · No (3)

SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Got water problems

I have a rinnai b16 hot water service.it works fine.only stops every morning when get up for work at 5am.it let's no hot water out any taps in house.takes about 30 mins.after hot water comes out taps it's fine for rest off day.but same thing happens again next morning.what could problem be

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Sue

It's working now.just turn off power to it for 5 mins then turned back on.

walter

walterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not so hot?

We had Rinnai hot water heater installed and after the deed was done, I realised the it will not work without the mains power. The power, fortunately, did not go off too often in the year and half since the installation but now the thing does not produce water hot enough. I went to have a good look at it and realised they you would need a degree in electronics or be an astronaut to turn the heat on by 10 degrees. We had a old Vaillant and a Bosh water heater, both of which could be coaxed to life if they were not in death throes. Rinnai, in this case, is a good looking rubbish. In my opinion, maybe someone has a better experience.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$1,485.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

chenc03Perth, WA

crappy unit

Purchased in October 2015 for A$2,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Smells of GasYes
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
chenc03

But service call wants to charge 195 for something that occured within the warranty period? It states 3 years which is when problem started

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai B16 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

johnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wastes 80 litres a day

Purchased in March 2019.

Ben

Ben

Heaps of hot water!

I replaced my Bosch Hydro with this unit (ok unit)......wow what a difference! The Rinnai pushes out a lot more hot water with no problems. I'm on lpg and haven't been through a bottle yet but I assume it would use more than the Bosh. The hotter the water the more gas.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Uses so much gas!

This unit uses exactly twice as much gas as our old bosch unit. It also smells sweet like its running very rich and smells like gas or cooking bread. its only a month old and Im very disappointed. I am shifting this review to the infinity 16 page which is monitored.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review jas, if you would like to call our technical team they can discuss this with you. They can be reached on 1300 555 545.

Sueasked

I have a rinnai b16 hot water service.in the early morning around 5 am get up for work.have no hot water at all come through the taps.it takes about 30 mins to come through.only seems to happen in winter.had a gas plumber out.he didnt know.once it comes through it's fine for rest off day.but happens every morning.what do I do to fix problems

Sue

Can I have some help to solve my problem

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Sue, it is difficult to diagnose the issue with the unit, however this is not the normal operation of these units. Once switched on by opening a tap, the unit starts producing hot water within a couple of seconds. If the plumber has checked the external causes, ie the plumbing, gas and water to the unit, we would recommend booking a service call and having one of the Rinnai trained technicians inspect the unit.

You can book online here:

Rinnai Australia

Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtisasked

Hi I have a B16 and works well, but I want to make the water temperature hotter, how do I do this?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Andrew Curtis, there are restrictions on the delivery of hot water to bathroom areas which may limit how hot your unit can be set to.

You can call our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 with the model and serial number of your unit (this can be found on a data plate on the left hand side of the unit) and they can advise if it is possible to increase the temperature.

Rinnai Australia

johnasked

sorry but why would i go out and buy a new untit- when the day i put this in it wasn't doing what it claimed, and you wouldn't replace it-in spite of me telling you this, you just said bad luck,i should take you to VCAT really, if i turn the tap off for 30 seconds, i waste another four litres, if i turn it off for three minutes its 8 to ten litres waste, it easily takes fifteen litres to get to my bathroom and turn hot,, and i cant use hot water washes in my washing machine, cause it comes out cold with all the stops and starts in a wash-only gets to warm, within an hour of having it hooked up, i realised how much of a dud it was, and how much it rips you off, and that it only goes to 48-49- hottish, and how much water it wastes getting there, a real rort for the gas companies and the water people, government people who don't care who pays the bills maybe, anyway within the hour, me realising what it really is, crap, you were telling me, bad luck mate, and now you've got the cheek, to tell me to get another one, at who's cost is that? im wondering, and what do i do with the B16, you should be honest about your machine, it doesn't do what you say it does, certainly not satisfactorily, at all. it wastes a lot of water getting to the advertised temperature, it doesn't or just only gets to, eventually, if you don't mind hanging around watching warm water go down a drain, that is,, so that needs to be said, and if you think your gonna save anything, that,s not going to happen either, id say more the opposite, it was just a mix up in understanding , i never would have got a rated heat water system, but didn't know that's what it was, the plumber made a mistake in not telling me that, but either way, at the end of the day, you should have been decent about it in my book anyway, knowing its not a full and proper,hot water unit, not like a hot water unit, we all know and expect, and that people are going to realise how dud it is, only when they've got it hooked up and tried it, when your gonna tell them "bad luck mate". I also have to put my hot water system back or not be able to wash my clothes or run cleaning programs that require 90c temperatures, that, fair enough, i wouldn't have got anyway,, but would have been very close to, now its just cold cause of getting there, stopping and starting waste, cold, etc. could be 20-25 ltrs before it even gets to 48-9- and by then thats it , it's over, does another 25 litres, and cleaning process, five times, with Luke warm to cool water, would have cost over a thousand to shift it to my kitchen too, lucky my plumber was in the family hey, look im sure this unit is or would be good for creches, schools etc, where too hot water could burn kids, great for that, in spite of the waste, if its keeping kids and the handicapped, the elderly, safe, that's good, but, that's how it needs to be advertised, should be, maybe not for normal people, with plenty of dollars, who might not, concern themselves, like your average home owner, battler, might, could, would, will, like i am, considering, it was all about saving, for me, to me, more than anything, anyway i've learnt a very big lesson that;s for sure, and i want to at least, let people know, what they can expect, in totality, not selective, by, or like, a company, might, or will, tell you, or not tell you, but ridgy didge, as in fairdinkum. all the ups, and all the downs. plusses- negatives. And please stop calling them continual, or continuous, their not, are they, not at "a set temperature" their not, nothing instant either, not in reality anyway, Cant wait for my gas bill.

unit01
unit01

Keep on trolling dude we had one installed seems to work great only problem in WA the gas mains pressure is to low to get a b20 or b26 which cost about the same. It cost about $2000 as the plumber tried to get more get by installing a 3/4 inch line (we had storage before so it was only half inch) Tagaki or whatever they're called make them for Bosch, Rinnai, Chomega and probably Rheem and the others. Why would they bother making their own? We had no problems been in about three years.

john

cheers mate- it worked out ok for me- i ended up with the 60 degree unit i thinks the b20- i was lucky my son fell into a b20 and swapped me for the 16 that hes got now- i was so cocky about it too- i told him lets see what he thinks, now hes got the unit- lol- and of course hes got no problem with it-being a young bloke grown up in this water heater time-and a plumber- and younger- bodies not old like mine- i freeze - and i grew up with boiling water-so im a bit set and neurotic in my ways- but another good thing is the gas bill- i must admit- and im a real fussy bugger- most people like my son said- seeing he puts these in all the time- don't have a problem- its just fussy old codgers like me he reckons... :-)

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives