VerifiedMPN:B26N50

2.9
2.4

Jay
Jay2 posts

Instant hot water but whistling noise during use is annoying

Replaced an old Rheem 24 with a Rinnai B26 as it seemed to be an upgrade. Even at the same preset temperature of 50, the lag is shorter and the water does feel hotter at output but there is this annoying whistling/whining noise during use which I never got with the old Rheem unit. Spoke with the neighbours and they don’t have any whistling noises from their units (Rheem). The noise is more pronounced at night when hot showers are taken and it whines/whistles throughout. Is this a known issue? What can be done about this? Show details
Chris
ChrisPerth, WA

Rinnai 26

I have one of them heaters it's 18 yrs old never had a problem with it, it's made in Japan, still going strong, just maintain them keep them clean and they'll last , I wouldn't have anything else, great product Show details ·  1
J.Rees
J.Rees

Andrew
Andrew9 posts

Boris
Boris2 posts

Much better than e

Hot Water pressure excellent, I used to have solar with tank and buster required by city council planning requirement and water pressure in 2 upstairs bathroom was very low and had to wait for hot water to flow for 5 minutes. After 17 years our system died out and got rid of tank water, installed Rinnai B26, pressure returned to normal water come upstairs almost instantaneously. Unit is very quiet. Only drawback is that we bought 60 degrees Celsius one. Too hot, require adjustment. We should opt for 50 degrees celsius one. Show details ·  1
jnu12349 posts

Flue outlet rust for a 2 years unit

I chose the Rinnai over Rheem 2 years ago as I trust Rinnai and they are made in Japan.

This is the second Rinnai builder range (B stands for builder) I had.

In just under 2 years' time, I found rust on flue outlet as per picture attached and I think this may shorten the life of the Rinnai hws.

I have a Rheem unit which is over 10 years, the flue outlet does not have such a lot rust as a 2 years old Rinnai .

Linda H.2 posts

Ryan
Ryan2 posts

• +2Thumbnail
AnnieM
AnnieMSydney24 posts

Always stops working on cold rainy days

We installed this unit to replace another Rinnai Infinity 26 that stoped working (it was only 5 years old). This one is 2 years old and so far has stopped working on two seperate occasions but when I book a service call through Rinnai I don’t hear back in a reasonable amount of time and am forced to get my own plumber at my own cost to get it fixed. Well this is the third time it has stopped working, right now is day 2 without hot water on a rainy cold day, waiting to hear from Rinnai. These units are unreliable and the support is equally unreliable Show details
Peter W.
Peter W.5 posts

Rinnai Continuous Flow Builders Series Requires Detailed Design for Most use Efficiency

If you Place the new unit to closet and most frequently used Tap/Outlet on the whole it would be the Kitchen.most installations are upgraded where the original Hot Water system was as per build, or Near the Service Meter boxes and Service Area of the house.
In the Kitchen you use a tap for many minutes as per shower or bath are used for multiple double digits in use.
We generally turn the shower tap on and then get undressed by that time sufficient Hot water is flowing. Show details ·  1
Jeff
Jeff

B26 new model on lets you heat to 55degs - old model you could set to 60 degs

Had an early model B26 for over 10 years until it started leaking water - so got it replaced , however you can only buy the 50 deg model now - you can increase to 55degs from memory , but that is it.
Now the water doesn't get as hot and not as much pressure. You can now purchase a 60deg model , but have been told now you have to put in tempering valves in. I have checked the filter Show details ·  1
s0170555
s0170555Sydney, NSW3 posts

Taking longer to get hot water

I just get installed by the plumber rinnai b26 gas hot water. It taking 35-40 seconds to get hot water in a kitchen and other areas. That is worst then tank tank hot water Show details
Some guy from Melbourne
Some guy from MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC10 posts

Mic M.
Mic M.Sydney, NSW41 posts
  Fair Incentive

12 YEARS DOWN THE TRACK AND STILL PERFECT

We have had this unit for 12 years and it is still delivering hot water as good as the day we installed it.
Cheap to run too.
The wait time for hot water is about 10 seconds.
Love It! Show details ·  3
Diamonds
Diamonds

Very poor quality, terrible customer service stay away

We owned a rinnai 26. We were told by our builder they were reliable and long lasting. The unit did its job for 5.5 years, until we went on holidays. After returning from 3 weeks the unit stopped working. We called a plumber and he indicated to call rinnai. Rinnai sent a service technician. Spent 45 mins told us the control board was burnt out. Charged us 225 dollars. Ridiculous. Stay away! Or if you do choose to go with them don’t use rinnai first care Show details

Zoe E
Zoe E

We installed a B26 model recently and have been going through a 45kg bottle every 3 weeks!! This is so disappointing as we changed from electric to save money but it’s considerably more expensive. Is something wrong with the unit? Why is it using so much?

Mick
Mick

Hi guys,
Im going through a 45kg Every 3-4 weeks
Averaging 25-30 mins a day is this normal?

Falcon Enthusiast

I have a Chromagen Hot water system which has 20mm gas and 15mm cold water connection. This for a double storey 5 bedroom 2 shower home. Can I replace this with Rinnai B26 - will this function well given the 15mm water connection

jnu123

what did plumber say about this? you get a free quote.

Falcon Enthusiast

A plumber said I should go with B26. However based on info online and specs for B26, would need 20mm water pipes otherwise B26 may not be effective. Not 100% sure which is correct

Rinnai   DM

Hi Falcon Enthusiast, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,