Rinnai B26

MPN: B26N50

Gompo55

Gompo55Sydney, NSW

Ok but noisy

Purchased in August 2019.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Gompo55, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced and would like to investigate further. We have sent a private message to follow up your contact details.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Very pleased

Purchased in April 2019 at Energy Shop Australia.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Ness

NessSydney, NSW

Lots of wasted water

Purchased in July 2019 for $2,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Not performing as expected

Purchased in February 2019.

Saddles

SaddlesSYDNEY

Good so far for hot water ''but'' the high pitched noise it makes

When you turn off hot water the rinnai 26 emits a sound like a bomb falling from the sky. It's a high pitch whistle which rinnai reckon was a batch of noisy fans, so they replaced the fan, no change just as noisy.
Spoke to a neighbor who has a rinnai 24 , no problem, quite all the time.
Neighbor next door has a rheem, same quite.
What will I have to do to get some peace and quiet from the missus over this damn noise.

Purchased in June 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Graham Barre

Graham BarreHunter Region, NSW

Intermittent Water Heating Issue Solved

Purchased in April 2019 at Trade Link Plumbing for $900.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Graham Barre, Could you please forward your contact details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au to enable us to assist you further.

Rinnai Australia.

Tash

TashPerth, WA

*It corroded... under 5 years!! Too bad they said!

Purchased in May 2014 for $1,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Tulipgirl

TulipgirlMelbourne

Saves on gas bill but requires running tap hard to get hot water

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Antoinette

AntoinettePerth, WA

Incomparable improvement on my previous unit

After our hot water system started to leak we decided (on recommendation from a trade store) to install a Rinnai Continuous Flow Water Heater. When I received my first gas bill I thought it must have been for a lesser time frame as for 3 months it was only $96 - nearly half of the previous one. Apart from the gas savings, the water is much hotter and several appliances can be used at once without the water running out. I highly recommend these appliances. I could not be happier with our purchase. High price to start with but I think over time it would pay for itself in savings on a gas storage heater which we had previously.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Shiva KAU

Rinnai Instant Hot Water System B26

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Shiva K

I'd like to add that I've emailed the whole story to the Rinnai Enquiry email address and also the plumbing company they use. It's been 4 days and we've not heard back from either company. Rinnai customer service is horrible.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you Shiva K for your review. We have received your email and will be in contact shortly.

Want warm water - purchase the Rinnai B26.

This system maybe satisfactory if it is located very close to the kitchen sink, the shower or other water outlets but if it is not be prepared to waste a lot of water before warm- (note that I have used the word warm) water is available -no need for any cold water or very little maybe when you shower. While you are waiting for the warm water to come through before washing dishes, fill up and boil your kettle - washing dirty dishes in warm water just does clean them properly. I would find it difficult to recommend this warm water system to anyone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Min

MinTweed Heads

great little unit except for the sound

Date PurchasedSep 2018

marcleh

marclehSydney

2nd Time I've had one - still excellent

We moved to a new home and replaced its ugly and expensive electric hot water tank with the Rinnai B26 and it is still an excellent product that was also inexpensive to setup and install. Never had an issue with the previous one which we installed in our previous home. This would be 5 star except for the little bit of lag getting hot water to tap (but it's not a noticeable difference to electric tank) so it's all about where you place the device in proximity to heavy use tapst. They are so cheap it's an option to have two if your house is long or large.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

John HSydney

Difficult to replace a lemon

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
John H

This is the standard reply from Rinnai. If they were more customer focused they would know exactly the issues. We have raised it with management.

MTT

MTT

transitioned from electric off peak to hot water gasheating

We were very reluctant to be using a gas appliance as we don't have any other gas connections. After much researching we went ahead with the Rinnai B26. We have been very happy with the app. It has been reliable and providing almost instantaneous hot water with good water pressure, never running out and had a very good deal from Rinnai at the time. Only issue is if there is a slow flow the hot water cuts out so one has to have a good volume to ensure constant heating when taking a shower. This can be a drawback but one adjusts to this after awhile.Neat and compact installation by side of house was the other deciding factor for us. No regrets.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Carvaan

CarvaanPerth WA

Amazing. Coming from Bosch 10P. This is amazing

Was confused as after reading all the negatives up here. People must be crazy to write these reviews, this is absolutely an amazing product.
Called my plumber the other day as my Bosch 10p started playing up and straightaway he said get a rinnai B16,20 or 26. And me being me picked up the best of rinnai with b 26 top model.
Absolutely right choice and loving it.
No more water fluctuations, no more waiting, it comes right away within 5-10 seconds.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Saddles

Saddlesasked

G'day It's SADDLES again, we still have our whistling problem , we received an email today 24/09/2019 talking about our problem we had looked at about 3 months with no result. Maybe they have developed a quite FAN for the unit now , if so put our name on the list.
The other thing I wince about is all the water being wasted waiting for the hot, I've been reading a bit about continuous flow , would that help ? can it be fitted to mine? how much would it cost?
Thanks for your time
Saddles of Penshurst NSW

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Saddles, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss the continuous flow. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

John J.

John J.asked

How to connected temp controller to B26(MODEL REU-VR2626WB-AK)?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question John J, our technical help desk can provide you with assistance and can be reached on 1300 555 545 Option 3.

Tim Reynolds

Tim Reynoldsasked

I have a Rinnai B26 installed in our new Villa. Our issue is it takes so long for the water to become warm/hot. The water wasted is incredible. We now have two 10 litre buckets in each bathroom to catch the water until it be comes warm/hot. This is currently used to water the garden. Is there a solution to this issue. Our previous house had a Rinnai Infinity 26 and circulated the water prior to turning on the shower/bath/sink. Virtually no water loss.

John

After experiencing multiple issues - no hot water, slow hot water, on and off hot water etc. We finally had our gas meter regulator upgraded to 2.75kpa. This has greatly improved the performance of the B26 - although the hot water will never be instantaneous it is certainly better. I would suggest that you ring Rinnai customer service - they do try really hard to help.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in contact, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water Systems