Rinnai B26

MPN: B26N50

2.4

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (1) · No (11)
Phil H

Phil H

No Good Dont Buy

Just had my house built with one of these and im very unhappy, it doesn’t heat up enough to wash the dishes,the water comes out just over warm, I can put my hands in without even putting any cold water in and doesn’t even feel uncomfortable, I have to boil the kettle to get my dishes clean, I shouldn’t have to do that its brand spanking new, if i had known that it would be like this I would have payed for something better, I seriously want my money back and the money it costs for the installation

Purchased in July 2020.

Madan Mohini D.

Madan Mohini D.Sydney, NSW

Buzzing

Every time we use the hot water there is a buzzing coming from the unit. So very annoying and its not just my one I have to put up with hearing its all my neighbors in the other units too.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$850.00.

Colin Mc

Colin McSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Very heavy on LPG

New house installed the Rinnai B26, as advised by the builder instead of a heat pump. As I was told its very energy efficient! Consuming 1 large bottle of gas per month, 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

Not happy and very expensive to run

Purchased in February 2020.

Smells of GasYes

Sandra

SandraNorthern Region, NSW

No hot water Rinnai B26

Had a rinnai b26 installed about 8 months ago. All going well but now we are having morning frosts say -2 no hot water until 9am. All pipes wrapped , pipes freeze but not affected unless much colder with old storage unit. Bottled lpg gas system. Any ideas on how to fix, very annoying

Purchased in October 2019.

MIKE

MIKE

new B26

tried to contact Rinnai service department as my B26 was making noise.Waited over twenty minutes before a guy immediately tried to put me in for a service with service department.Waited another fifteen minutes and gave up.A service!!The unit is one month old.....ridiculous.......never again.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,200.00.

Anno

AnnoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid the Rinnai B26!

A lot of cold water is wasted waiting for the hot water to flow through the taps. Very disappointed given we consciously make the effort to minimise our water usage.

Bibbicolac

Disappointed

Just had a Rinnai 'instant hot water service installed as people told me it would be preferable to the larger tank heaters.
Seriously wish I'd gone for the larger tank style.
Hot water takes forever to come through.
I now turn the tap on then go & do something else, meanwhile copius amounts of cold water goes down the drain.
When a tap is turned on, the water pressure drops right down then surges back.
I've had a plumber check the gas pressure & it is fine.
Looks like I bought a dud.

Pathetic.

Purchased in April 2020.

Gompo55

Gompo55Sydney, NSW

Ok but noisy

Purchased in August 2019.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Gompo55, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced and would like to investigate further. We have sent a private message to follow up your contact details.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Very pleased

Purchased in April 2019 at Energy Shop Australia.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Ness

NessSydney, NSW

Lots of wasted water

Purchased in July 2019 for A$2,500.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
John

John

Not performing as expected

Purchased in February 2019.

Saddles

SaddlesSYDNEY

Good so far for hot water ''but'' the high pitched noise it makes

When you turn off hot water the rinnai 26 emits a sound like a bomb falling from the sky. It's a high pitch whistle which rinnai reckon was a batch of noisy fans, so they replaced the fan, no change just as noisy.
Spoke to a neighbor who has a rinnai 24 , no problem, quite all the time.
Neighbor next door has a rheem, same quite.
What will I have to do to get some peace and quiet from the missus over this damn noise.

Purchased in June 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Graham Barre

Graham BarreHunter Region, NSW

Intermittent Water Heating Issue Solved

Purchased in April 2019 at Trade Link Plumbing for A$900.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Graham Barre, Could you please forward your contact details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au to enable us to assist you further.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia.

Tash

TashPerth, WA

*It corroded... under 5 years!! Too bad they said!

Purchased in May 2014 for A$1,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Tulipgirl

TulipgirlMelbourne

Saves on gas bill but requires running tap hard to get hot water

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Antoinette

AntoinettePerth, WA

Incomparable improvement on my previous unit

After our hot water system started to leak we decided (on recommendation from a trade store) to install a Rinnai Continuous Flow Water Heater. When I received my first gas bill I thought it must have been for a lesser time frame as for 3 months it was only $96 - nearly half of the previous one. Apart from the gas savings, the water is much hotter and several appliances can be used at once without the water running out. I highly recommend these appliances. I could not be happier with our purchase. High price to start with but I think over time it would pay for itself in savings on a gas storage heater which we had previously.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Shiva KAU

Rinnai Instant Hot Water System B26

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Shiva K

I'd like to add that I've emailed the whole story to the Rinnai Enquiry email address and also the plumbing company they use. It's been 4 days and we've not heard back from either company. Rinnai customer service is horrible.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you Shiva K for your review. We have received your email and will be in contact shortly.

Want warm water - purchase the Rinnai B26.

This system maybe satisfactory if it is located very close to the kitchen sink, the shower or other water outlets but if it is not be prepared to waste a lot of water before warm- (note that I have used the word warm) water is available -no need for any cold water or very little maybe when you shower. While you are waiting for the warm water to come through before washing dishes, fill up and boil your kettle - washing dirty dishes in warm water just does clean them properly. I would find it difficult to recommend this warm water system to anyone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Min

MinTweed Heads

great little unit except for the sound

Date PurchasedSep 2018
marcleh

marclehSydney

2nd Time I've had one - still excellent

We moved to a new home and replaced its ugly and expensive electric hot water tank with the Rinnai B26 and it is still an excellent product that was also inexpensive to setup and install. Never had an issue with the previous one which we installed in our previous home. This would be 5 star except for the little bit of lag getting hot water to tap (but it's not a noticeable difference to electric tank) so it's all about where you place the device in proximity to heavy use tapst. They are so cheap it's an option to have two if your house is long or large.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Flick A.

Flick A.asked

I had no choice but to purchase a Rinnai B26 through Pronto Plumbing. Cost over $4,000 to install!!. It takes lots of water to just to get warm, it is not hot at all. Rinnai B26 wastes too much water and Pronto Plumbing, Narre Warren is an absolute rip off.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Flick A, we are sorry to hear you have not had a good experience with the installation of your Rinnai B26. If the water is not hot we would recommend having the installer return as adjustments can be made to the unit to ensure hot water is received. Our technical help desk is available if the installer requires help on site and can be contacted on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Colin Mc

Colin Mcasked

We have just built a house and were advised that the continuous hot water unit was the way to go, sadly disappointing. We are using a large bottle of Lpg per month, at around $150 per bottle.

Bibbi

Hi Colin, I was also advised that a continuous hot water unit was the way to go. I was also advised that I would save on gas bills as I would only be paying to heat what I use. I am on natural gas but as yet my gas bills have not altered significantly.
Bottled gas is quite costly so bare that in mind.
My major issue is the time it takes for the water to get hot, it is an absolute pain.
Maybe shop around your bottled gas retailers?
See if you can get a good deal somewhere.
Good luck

Hi Colin Mc,

Thank you for the question.

I have spoken with out technical help team and they have informed me that on average you would use 8.5 (45kg) LPG bottles or approximately 380 kg of gas per year.
Some parts of the year you may use more eg winter etc.

Saddles

Saddlesasked

G'day It's SADDLES again, we still have our whistling problem , we received an email today 24/09/2019 talking about our problem we had looked at about 3 months with no result. Maybe they have developed a quite FAN for the unit now , if so put our name on the list.
The other thing I wince about is all the water being wasted waiting for the hot, I've been reading a bit about continuous flow , would that help ? can it be fitted to mine? how much would it cost?
Thanks for your time
Saddles of Penshurst NSW

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Saddles, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss the continuous flow. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives