Rinnai B26

Rinnai B26 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: B26N50

• Smells of GasYes (1) · No (16)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Tulipgirl

TulipgirlMelbourne

Saves on gas bill but requires running tap hard to get hot water

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Antoinette

AntoinettePerth, WA

Incomparable improvement on my previous unit

After our hot water system started to leak we decided (on recommendation from a trade store) to install a Rinnai Continuous Flow Water Heater. When I received my first gas bill I thought it must have been for a lesser time frame as for 3 months it was only $96 - nearly half of the previous one. Apart from the gas savings, the water is much hotter and several appliances can be used at once without the water running out. I highly recommend these appliances. I could not be happier with our purchase. High price to start with but I think over time it would pay for itself in savings on a gas storage heater which we had previously.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Shiva KAU

Rinnai Instant Hot Water System B26

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Shiva K

I'd like to add that I've emailed the whole story to the Rinnai Enquiry email address and also the plumbing company they use. It's been 4 days and we've not heard back from either company. Rinnai customer service is horrible.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you Shiva K for your review. We have received your email and will be in contact shortly.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai B26 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Want warm water - purchase the Rinnai B26.

This system maybe satisfactory if it is located very close to the kitchen sink, the shower or other water outlets but if it is not be prepared to waste a lot of water before warm- (note that I have used the word warm) water is available -no need for any cold water or very little maybe when you shower. While you are waiting for the warm water to come through before washing dishes, fill up and boil your kettle - washing dirty dishes in warm water just does clean them properly. I would find it difficult to recommend this warm water system to anyone.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Min

MinTweed Heads

great little unit except for the sound

Date PurchasedSep 2018
marcleh

marclehSydney

2nd Time I've had one - still excellent

We moved to a new home and replaced its ugly and expensive electric hot water tank with the Rinnai B26 and it is still an excellent product that was also inexpensive to setup and install. Never had an issue with the previous one which we installed in our previous home. This would be 5 star except for the little bit of lag getting hot water to tap (but it's not a noticeable difference to electric tank) so it's all about where you place the device in proximity to heavy use tapst. They are so cheap it's an option to have two if your house is long or large.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

John HSydney

Difficult to replace a lemon

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
John H

This is the standard reply from Rinnai. If they were more customer focused they would know exactly the issues. We have raised it with management.

MTT

MTT

transitioned from electric off peak to hot water gasheating

We were very reluctant to be using a gas appliance as we don't have any other gas connections. After much researching we went ahead with the Rinnai B26. We have been very happy with the app. It has been reliable and providing almost instantaneous hot water with good water pressure, never running out and had a very good deal from Rinnai at the time. Only issue is if there is a slow flow the hot water cuts out so one has to have a good volume to ensure constant heating when taking a shower. This can be a drawback but one adjusts to this after awhile.Neat and compact installation by side of house was the other deciding factor for us. No regrets.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Carvaan

CarvaanPerth WA

Amazing. Coming from Bosch 10P. This is amazing

Was confused as after reading all the negatives up here. People must be crazy to write these reviews, this is absolutely an amazing product.
Called my plumber the other day as my Bosch 10p started playing up and straightaway he said get a rinnai B16,20 or 26. And me being me picked up the best of rinnai with b 26 top model.
Absolutely right choice and loving it.
No more water fluctuations, no more waiting, it comes right away within 5-10 seconds.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai B26 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Garry

Garryasked

Is it normal to smell gas near the B26 50 appliance?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the question, the unit can give off a smell of gas while being used, but if it is extreme during use it could be incomplete combustion caused by low gas pressure.
If however the smell is there permanently a service call will be recommended to find root cause.

Please contact 1st care service on 1300 555 545 for further assistance if required.

Thanks,

Paula E.

Paula E.asked

We have a rinnai b26 - is this a danger to my pet galah? I often smell a gas smell when its used. Thanks

Colin
Colin

There should not be a smell of gas. Suggest that you get this checked.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Paula E, thanks for the question, there can be combustion smell when the unit initially starts up however if you have any concerns about gas smells we suggest calling our help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 to discuss further.

C Leeasked

Brand new B26 installed yesterday. Already has a fault. Will not make hot water at low flow rates. Initial start up takes too long and wastes too much water and time.
I'm telling my plumber to pull it out and return it to Tradelink in the morning

Hi C Lee,

Thanks for the question.
We would recommend contacting the installer to check the gas pressures. For further assistance please contact our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Thanks,

C Lee

Designers and purveyors of Junk HW Systems. Plumber/Gas fitter has already done that. Gas pressure is perfect. Why do so many customers complain of similar problems?

Nobody answers your phone

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

• MPN: B26N50