Rinnai B26

Rinnai B26

MPN: B26N50

• Smells of GasYes (0) · No (4)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

ColinSydney, NSW

A water waster

The Rinnai B26 does not immediately ignite when a hot water tap is opened. Cold water flows through the system for a while before the gas ignites and starts to hear the water. Every time a hot water tap is opened, water is wasted until the unit fires up. This is not an environmentally friendly product. Do not believe that it provides instant hot water. It doesn't. If I had known this, I would not have purchased the Rinnai B26.

Purchased in September 2020.

Household Size1 person(s)
Phil H

Phil H

No Good Dont Buy

Just had my house built with one of these and im very unhappy, it doesn’t heat up enough to wash the dishes,the water comes out just over warm, I can put my hands in without even putting any cold water in and doesn’t even feel uncomfortable, I have to boil the kettle to get my dishes clean, I shouldn’t have to do that its brand spanking new, if i had known that it would be like this I would have payed for something better, I seriously want my money back and the money it costs for the installation

Purchased in July 2020.

Household Size2 person(s)
Bibbi

Bibbicolac

Disappointed

Just had a Rinnai 'instant hot water service installed as people told me it would be preferable to the larger tank heaters.
Seriously wish I'd gone for the larger tank style.
Hot water takes forever to come through.
I now turn the tap on then go & do something else, meanwhile copius amounts of cold water goes down the drain.
When a tap is turned on, the water pressure drops right down then surges back.
I've had a plumber check the gas pressure & it is fine.
Looks like I bought a dud.

Pathetic.

Purchased in April 2020.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai B26 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Gompo55

Gompo55Sydney, NSW

Ok but noisy

Purchased in August 2019.

Household Size4 person(s)
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Gompo55, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced and would like to investigate further. We have sent a private message to follow up your contact details.

Ness

NessSydney, NSW

Lots of wasted water

Purchased in July 2019 for A$2,500.00.

Household Size3 person(s)
Tulipgirl

TulipgirlMelbourne

Saves on gas bill but requires running tap hard to get hot water

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Garry

Garryasked

Is it normal to smell gas near the B26 50 appliance?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the question, the unit can give off a smell of gas while being used, but if it is extreme during use it could be incomplete combustion caused by low gas pressure.
If however the smell is there permanently a service call will be recommended to find root cause.

Please contact 1st care service on 1300 555 545 for further assistance if required.

Thanks,

Paula E.

Paula E.asked

We have a rinnai b26 - is this a danger to my pet galah? I often smell a gas smell when its used. Thanks

Colin

There should not be a smell of gas. Suggest that you get this checked.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Paula E, thanks for the question, there can be combustion smell when the unit initially starts up however if you have any concerns about gas smells we suggest calling our help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 to discuss further.

C Leeasked

Brand new B26 installed yesterday. Already has a fault. Will not make hot water at low flow rates. Initial start up takes too long and wastes too much water and time.
I'm telling my plumber to pull it out and return it to Tradelink in the morning

Hi C Lee,

Thanks for the question.
We would recommend contacting the installer to check the gas pressures. For further assistance please contact our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Thanks,

C Lee

Designers and purveyors of Junk HW Systems. Plumber/Gas fitter has already done that. Gas pressure is perfect. Why do so many customers complain of similar problems?

Nobody answers your phone

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

• MPN: B26N50