Rinnai B26

Rinnai B26

MPN: B26N50

• Smells of GasYes (0) · No (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Rob C.

Rob C.Sydney, NSW

working perfectly! hot water never run out.

Just replace the old 170L hot water system by Rinnai B26. It is compact and powerful. 2 person shower at same time at 2 bathroom without any problems. Much better than the old one.

Purchased in November 2020 for A$850.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Very pleased

Purchased in April 2019 at Energy Shop Australia.

Noise Level
Household Size1 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Antoinette

AntoinettePerth, WA

Incomparable improvement on my previous unit

After our hot water system started to leak we decided (on recommendation from a trade store) to install a Rinnai Continuous Flow Water Heater. When I received my first gas bill I thought it must have been for a lesser time frame as for 3 months it was only $96 - nearly half of the previous one. Apart from the gas savings, the water is much hotter and several appliances can be used at once without the water running out. I highly recommend these appliances. I could not be happier with our purchase. High price to start with but I think over time it would pay for itself in savings on a gas storage heater which we had previously.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai B26 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

MTT

MTT

transitioned from electric off peak to hot water gasheating

We were very reluctant to be using a gas appliance as we don't have any other gas connections. After much researching we went ahead with the Rinnai B26. We have been very happy with the app. It has been reliable and providing almost instantaneous hot water with good water pressure, never running out and had a very good deal from Rinnai at the time. Only issue is if there is a slow flow the hot water cuts out so one has to have a good volume to ensure constant heating when taking a shower. This can be a drawback but one adjusts to this after awhile.Neat and compact installation by side of house was the other deciding factor for us. No regrets.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Garry

Garryasked

Is it normal to smell gas near the B26 50 appliance?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the question, the unit can give off a smell of gas while being used, but if it is extreme during use it could be incomplete combustion caused by low gas pressure.
If however the smell is there permanently a service call will be recommended to find root cause.

Please contact 1st care service on 1300 555 545 for further assistance if required.

Thanks,

Paula E.

Paula E.asked

We have a rinnai b26 - is this a danger to my pet galah? I often smell a gas smell when its used. Thanks

Colin
Colin

There should not be a smell of gas. Suggest that you get this checked.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Paula E, thanks for the question, there can be combustion smell when the unit initially starts up however if you have any concerns about gas smells we suggest calling our help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 to discuss further.

C Leeasked

Brand new B26 installed yesterday. Already has a fault. Will not make hot water at low flow rates. Initial start up takes too long and wastes too much water and time.
I'm telling my plumber to pull it out and return it to Tradelink in the morning

Hi C Lee,

Thanks for the question.
We would recommend contacting the installer to check the gas pressures. For further assistance please contact our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Thanks,

C Lee

Designers and purveyors of Junk HW Systems. Plumber/Gas fitter has already done that. Gas pressure is perfect. Why do so many customers complain of similar problems?

Nobody answers your phone

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

• MPN: B26N50