Rinnai Capella 18Plus

6 questions from our users

Mrs Jim
Mrs Jimasked
Capella 18Plus

I love my Rinnai Capella 18 purchased two winters ago. I have had an extension to my home, and have made provision for another gas heater, but a smaller size. What I particularly like is that I use the gas econ and electricity option ( I have solar electricity and haven't had an electricity bill since installation about 7 years ago), so I would like a small version of the Capella with the gas econ/electricity option. Can you advise me please.

Hi Mrs Jim,

Thank you for your question and your review of the Capella heater. To ensure you are choosing the right heater for your situation we recommend using our seater selector on the Rinnai Australia website. There are many factors that impact on the most suitable heater, size of the room, insulation and floor coverings. By entering this information, the selector will advise the heaters best suited.

You can fins it here:

kristy
kristyasked

Please help
I have this heater I rang the rinnai customer service centre and the bloke I spoke to was so unhelpful.
The timer on this heater has me beat, I can't turn it off and need help
I've read the instructions and still hasn't turned the timers off.
I have 3 young children and we have froze the last week every 5 minutes i have to turn the heater back on.
I use it on the electric mode as I dont have LPG gas, please please help

Hi kristy,

Thank you for the question.

If the timer is on and you want it removed, you may need to use the Override button to remove it which can be seen in the manual.

Our technical help team can talk you through it over the phone and can be contacted on 1300 555 545 option 3
thanks

Raymond
Raymondasked

s the Rinnai Capella 18 Plus CA 18 PAL legal in Victoria

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Raymond, existing installations with bayonet points can purchase a portable LPG only heater. New installations of these gas points are not allowed. As long as the installation in the house is pre-existing and the Cappella plus is LPG it can be legally operated.

jon
jonasked
Capella 18Plus

With moderate usage (6 hours per day) how long would an LPG 20kg bottle last?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Jon. Based the heater working 2.5 hours running on 'HIGH' and 2.5 hours running on 'low' per day for 100 days per year (approximately a winter season) this heater will use approxiamately 3 LPG tanks.

We hope this helps.

W McGill
W McGillasked
Capella 18Plus

How big is the flu? Who installs it and what does it involve?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question W McGill, the flue for this unit would be installed by the plumber installing the unit. Each installation is different and you would be best to discuss your individual circumstances with a licenced gas plumber.

Terry
Terryasked
Capella 18Plus CA18PL (LPG)

How do I turn off the auto mode on Rinnai Capella 18 plus?

richard_day
richard_day

Do you mean for the heating mode? If yes, then press the "Set" button until you end up in the mode you want. Manual explains it quite well and it is here: http://www.rinnai.com.au/media/748076/Portable_Convectors_TRE_Models.pdf.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Capella 18Plus