Rinnai Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver)

Rinnai Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver)

MPN: DY15SN

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

4.3

• Heating Speed5/5 (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
rosieb-w

rosieb-wSydney Surrounds, NSW

Highly effective

This is a powerful heater which we have always been happy with. It heats up straight away and quickly heats up a large area of our house. It gives out consistent heat to the desired temperature without weakening.It can become very strong within close proximity and I may need to turn it off or move away. It is also quite heavy and does not have wheels which would help when needing to change angle of the heater. I like that it has a child lock as we have a little boy. The whole household enjoys this heater very much. A great purchase.

Purchased in July 2018.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room TypeLiving/Dining Area

About the kerosene smell

We've had our heater for three years now without any problems, then a few days ago we started noticing a strong gas smell coming from it. We opened more Windows and made sure the filter was clean but the smell did not go away. Then we noticed our oranges from the week before starting to mould. We wrapped up the moldy fruits and threw the out and presto the gassy kerosene smell was gone!

Great buy

The current Sydney chills finally forced us to get a heater. Did the research and got the Dynamo. We have been very happy with it so far. Installation was a breeze, and operating it is simple. And it is toasty warm! The timer option is a great tool as as well.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review David T, we hope you continue to enjoy your new heater.

Gas Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver) compares to other Gas Heaters

Coby

Cobyasked

Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver)

I have had my heater serviced and the filter light still keeps coming on all the filters from the outside are clean and it has now cut out a couple of times and stops working. The heater is about 10 years old i dont know if that means its passed its life time or not? its an enduo 13

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Coby, was the service completed by a Rinnai technician? If so we offer a 6 month labour warranty on any servicing of the unit and we would recommend taking the unit back for analysis.

The Enduro 13 is still a current model and parts are available if required to repair the unit.

Rinnai Australia

Caroline C.asked

HI,
I just bought a Rinnai Dynamo 15 heater for my new house. I used to have an Avenger in a past life and have always been impressed by the Rinnai brand and range. I am concerned though as using this over the few days I have noticed a gassy egg smell. Why is this? My concern is that it letting poisonous gas in to the house. It smells really unpleasant and it gives a headache. I want to talk the heater back but wanted to check if anyone had a similar experience......I have read on here about it being something to do with the heater sucking another doors in the room / house but there hasn't been any painting, cooking or candles burning etc. please help.

Pg quick

Sounds like there might be a fault with it, have not experienced any of this. Suggest you contact Rinnai about this!

Caroline C.

Thanks so much. I have a service engineer coming out today. I’ll let you know what they say.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question and update Caroline C. With any portable heater there can be combustion product in the room. Generally the rotten egg smell is caused by fumes being processed by the heater and can be unpleasant. We are glad to hear a service call has been booked to diagnose the issue, please let us know if there is anything further we can do for you.

Leigh

Leighasked

Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver)

Can you convert rinnai dynamo 15 easily from natural gas to lpg Please?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Leigh, yes you can convert the Dynamo heater from natural gas to LPG. You will require a conversion kit which can be picked up from any good plumbing stockist and this will need to be fitted by a licenced gas plumber.

Pg quick

Hi Leigh,conversion can be done but only buy licence gas repair agent.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 4 Rinnai Dynamo 15
CategoryGas Heaters
Price (RRP) A$1,226.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel and Portable
Max Room Size 59
Colour / FinishSilver
Dimensions 495 x 490 x 245 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and Timer
Gas Star Rating 5.8 star(s)
Max Gas Input15 mJ/h