Rinnai Dynamo 15

39 questions from our users

Aliasked

Dynamo 15 DY15N (Natural Gas, White)

My heater switches off again and again and screen shows error 13, I got it serviced and checked, everything is fine, still it keeps on shutting down. Filter light also flashes and then it switches off with screen showing error 13, pls help.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ali, thanks for the question, Error code 13 usually indicates the combustion control is faulty and the heater requires a service call.

If the service was booked with Rinnai, the work will be covered under our service warranty and the technician will reattend to diagnose the issue,

Ali

Hi, surprisingly when I remove the small filter the heater remains functional and doesnt switch off, any thoughts?

Hi Ali,

Please contact your technical team on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they may be able to help further with regards to your question.

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

My heater smells like gas when it first starts up and when gas bottle is low .Only last for 30 mins

Hi chris d,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

Love my heater but have noticed on start up in the morning or when gas bottle is low it has been has been smelling like gas goes away after running for a while

Hi cris d,
Thanks for the getting in touch, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Coby

Cobyasked

Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver)

I have had my heater serviced and the filter light still keeps coming on all the filters from the outside are clean and it has now cut out a couple of times and stops working. The heater is about 10 years old i dont know if that means its passed its life time or not? its an enduo 13

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Coby, was the service completed by a Rinnai technician? If so we offer a 6 month labour warranty on any servicing of the unit and we would recommend taking the unit back for analysis.

The Enduro 13 is still a current model and parts are available if required to repair the unit.

Folbz

Folbzasked

Dynamo 15

I have had my heater for a few years....last 2 years...the filter light keeps coming on...the filters are clean and have had the unit cleaned out twice....what is causing this issue...as the heater will not heat efficiently with this constant fault light issue.

Hi Folbz,

Ashlee G.asked

Dynamo 15

No air is coming out of the right side of the vent, you can actually touch it and it’s cold. Is this normal? I never paid attention to it before so unsure of it was always this way.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ashlee G, thanks for the question, the air outlet for this heater is on the left hand side of the unit so you will feel no air coming out of the right hand side. This is the correct operation of the heater.

Brendon T.

Brendon T.asked

Dynamo 15

Had this heater for less than a week and seemed fine but it now makes a constant ticking sound which I assume may be related to the fan? Any ideas? It’s loud enough to be annoying but not sure if it’s a sign of an issue that needs addressing.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Brendon, this is not considered normal operation for the unit. As it is less than a month old, you can return it to the store for a replacement heater.

Pam Brown

Pam Brownasked

Dynamo 15 DY15SL (LPG, Silver)

Do you have any un-flued gas heaters released since 2006?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Pam, there have been some component updates to our un-flued gas heater range but no new products.

Karen D.asked

Dynamo 15

Just had the heater installed and realised it’s meant to be used with natural gas. We only have lpg. Is it possible to convert the heater?

Bob

Think so, but might void warranty.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Karen D, thanks for the question. It is possible to convert this heater to LPG, the conversion kit part number is 90198223 and is available any any Rinnai stockist or plumbing supply company.

The conversion will need to be completed by a licensed gas plumber and as long as the work is completed correctly, this will not void your warranty.

Thank you!

jeremy c.

jeremy c.asked

Is lpg the bottled gas?

Hi Jeremy C,

Thank you for the question.

LPG is Liquefied petroleum gas or liquid petroleum gas (LPG or LP gas), also referred to as simply propane or butane, are flammable mixtures of hydrocarbon gases used as fuel in heating appliances, cooking equipment, and vehicles.

LPG is also called bottled gas, along with propane, butane and mixtures of these gases. Bottled gas comes from natural gas processing and oil refining.

LPG
Household gas
I got 1 for sale

Vartkes M.

Vartkes M.asked

Dynamo 15

after we renovated the lounge when we use the heater there is gas smell

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Vertkes, in some cases strong odours ie paint or new carpet can produce a strong smell when the unit is operating. We would recommend speaking to our technical help desk who can troubleshoot the issue with your. They are available on 1300555545 option 3.

Maureen L.

Maureen L.asked

Where are the filters ?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Maureen L, the filter for the Dynamo heater is on the back of the heater. Instructions on how to clean these filters, please follow the link to our website and the customer instruction manual:

Barbara A
Barbara A

where can I get my Rinnai Dynamo 15 serviced in Sydney? Thankyou

Hi Barbara A,

We can arrange a service call via the Rinnai Australia website here:

Alternatively you can call our customer care team on 1300 555 545 option 2 and they can advise where your closest Rinnai authorised technician.

Sheila W.

Sheila W.asked

strong smell of gas

Hi Sheila W,

Kate

Kateasked

how to clean filters on Rinnai Dynamo 15 gas heater

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Kate, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Peter

Peterasked

Dynamo 15

My heater stopped working the on off button is flashing and the 00 flashing in the room temperature
No other lights are on

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Peter, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Nicky W.

Nicky W.asked

Dynamo 15

My heater is only working on the left side. How do I fix it?

Pg quick

Only has out let on bottom left of Grill, this is normal.

larry linsley

larry linsleyasked

Dynamo 15

Need to know dip switch settings for conversion of rce471 room heater from lpg to nat gas?

Pg quick

Sorry Larry i can not help you with that.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Larry, to convert a heater from LPG to Natural Gas requires a conversion kit which will need a licensed gas plumber to fit. The dip switch setting are included in the kit.

Caroline C.asked

Dynamo 15 DY15SN (Natural Gas, Silver)

HI,
I just bought a Rinnai Dynamo 15 heater for my new house. I used to have an Avenger in a past life and have always been impressed by the Rinnai brand and range. I am concerned though as using this over the few days I have noticed a gassy egg smell. Why is this? My concern is that it letting poisonous gas in to the house. It smells really unpleasant and it gives a headache. I want to talk the heater back but wanted to check if anyone had a similar experience......I have read on here about it being something to do with the heater sucking another doors in the room / house but there hasn't been any painting, cooking or candles burning etc. please help.

Pg quick

Sounds like there might be a fault with it, have not experienced any of this. Suggest you contact Rinnai about this!

Caroline C.

Thanks so much. I have a service engineer coming out today. I’ll let you know what they say.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question and update Caroline C. With any portable heater there can be combustion product in the room. Generally the rotten egg smell is caused by fumes being processed by the heater and can be unpleasant. We are glad to hear a service call has been booked to diagnose the issue, please let us know if there is anything further we can do for you.

Elizabeth H.

Elizabeth H.asked

Dynamo 15 DY15N (Natural Gas, White)

The number 11 flashes when I turn on heater and will not start, what does this mean?

Pg quick

Hi Elizabeth, number 11 is ignition failure make sure gas is on at your stove, turn heater off then on again if it wont start after 4 attempts you will need to call a service agent.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Elizabeth H. As Pgquick has stated, error code 11 is ignition failure which can occur for a number of reasons, If there is no gas to the unit or the heater has not been serviced recently, this error can occur.

We would recommend checking gas to the heater, if you have a 2nd gas point, checking the heater there may pin point the problem. Other wise, it is a recommendation to have any gas appliance serviced every 2 years and a service call may be required.

Barbasked

Dynamo 15 DY15N (Natural Gas, White)

How to override timer to use as normal heating?

Pg quick

Hi Barb,if you have timers set press timer override button and this will allow you to start heater on manual .You can also turn off timmers by pressing timer 1 & 2 buttons so the timer lights are off,this can only be done when heater is running.

Barb

Thank you soo much it was driving me crazy.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives