Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.3

• Heating Speed4/5 - 5/5 (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (1)

GPXSydney, NSW

Good heater - poor after sales service by Rinnai

After years of reliable service my heater is displaying fault #12. Trying to find a Rinnai repair agent was very hard because the website is cryptic and the phone number Rinnai advertise is rarely answered. However I eventually I did. Sadly after sitting in the workshop for 4 weeks the Rinnai repair tech could not find the problem. So now I still have a broken heater and I am $110 out of pocket. Thanks for nothing Rinnai

Purchased in April 2008 for $1,100.00.

GPX

Oh I did. And after a 15 min wait I was told they were not allowed to "recommend a repair agent by law"; and then they hung up on me.

rosieb-w

rosieb-wSydney Surrounds, NSW

Highly effective

This is a powerful heater which we have always been happy with. It heats up straight away and quickly heats up a large area of our house. It gives out consistent heat to the desired temperature without weakening.It can become very strong within close proximity and I may need to turn it off or move away. It is also quite heavy and does not have wheels which would help when needing to change angle of the heater. I like that it has a child lock as we have a little boy. The whole household enjoys this heater very much. A great purchase.

Purchased in July 2018.

Bob

Bob

Not safe

Set at 19.20.22
Runs on full blast ...gets to 27 have to turn off manually....won't cut off automatically...
$1000....
Run normal or economy won't cut out...
Looks great but poor performance for the money and definitely big big safety issue with no cut out/ stop on set temperature..
Avenger 25plus does..(5year old model) but too strong for smaller room...

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Bob, the Dynamo heater does not have an automatic shut off, our Capella 18Plus and Avenger 25Plus have this function.

Gas Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Dynamo 15 compares to other Gas Heaters

matt

mattMelbourne

trust

trust the good brand all the time. have a central heating with Rinnai as well at home. It performs well and better than other brand i tried. a bit expensive than average, but you pay for what you get.perform consistent, and heat up pretty quick. suggest it to the people need a stale heater

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great buy

The current Sydney chills finally forced us to get a heater. Did the research and got the Dynamo. We have been very happy with it so far. Installation was a breeze, and operating it is simple. And it is toasty warm! The timer option is a great tool as as well.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review David T, we hope you continue to enjoy your new heater.

Liellie

LielliePERTH

Strong gas smell

We recently bought a Rinnai Dynamo 15 Convector and are very disappointed by the product. It is an expensive heater and does heat well, however, it is emitting a strong gas smell and we find it unbearable to use it in the house. After a quick google search, it seems a lot of people are complaining about the strong smell, too. I just wish we had known beforehand.
Good heating capacity
String gas smell, expensive product

abehart
abehart

We used ours for a year now. No gas smell!!

Rheeeeee
Rheeeeee

Aliasked

Dynamo 15 DY15N (Natural Gas, White)

My heater switches off again and again and screen shows error 13, I got it serviced and checked, everything is fine, still it keeps on shutting down. Filter light also flashes and then it switches off with screen showing error 13, pls help.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ali, thanks for the question, Error code 13 usually indicates the combustion control is faulty and the heater requires a service call.

If the service was booked with Rinnai, the work will be covered under our service warranty and the technician will reattend to diagnose the issue,

Ali

Hi, surprisingly when I remove the small filter the heater remains functional and doesnt switch off, any thoughts?

Hi Ali,

Please contact your technical team on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they may be able to help further with regards to your question.

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

My heater smells like gas when it first starts up and when gas bottle is low .Only last for 30 mins

Hi chris d,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

Love my heater but have noticed on start up in the morning or when gas bottle is low it has been has been smelling like gas goes away after running for a while

Hi cris d,
Thanks for the getting in touch, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 4 Rinnai Dynamo 15
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) $1,226.00$1,226.00$1,226.00$1,226.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and Portable
Max Room Size 59595959
Colour / FinishSilverWhiteSilverWhite
Dimensions 495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and Timer
Gas Star Rating 5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)
Max Gas Input15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h
Power3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W
Gas TypeLPGLPGNatural GasNatural Gas
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateMar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006