Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1 review
  • Heating Speed4/5 (1)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes · No (1)

GPXSydney, NSW

Good heater - poor after sales service by Rinnai

After years of reliable service my heater is displaying fault #12. Trying to find a Rinnai repair agent was very hard because the website is cryptic and the phone number Rinnai advertise is rarely answered. However I eventually I did. Sadly after sitting in the workshop for 4 weeks the Rinnai repair tech could not find the problem. So now I still have a broken heater and I am $110 out of pocket. Thanks for nothing Rinnai

Purchased in April 2008 for $1,100.00.

Noise Level
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Safety
Room TypeSmall Office
Smells of GasNo
GPX

Oh I did. And after a 15 min wait I was told they were not allowed to "recommend a repair agent by law"; and then they hung up on me.

Aliasked

Dynamo 15 DY15N (Natural Gas, White)

My heater switches off again and again and screen shows error 13, I got it serviced and checked, everything is fine, still it keeps on shutting down. Filter light also flashes and then it switches off with screen showing error 13, pls help.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ali, thanks for the question, Error code 13 usually indicates the combustion control is faulty and the heater requires a service call.

If the service was booked with Rinnai, the work will be covered under our service warranty and the technician will reattend to diagnose the issue,

Ali

Hi, surprisingly when I remove the small filter the heater remains functional and doesnt switch off, any thoughts?

Hi Ali,

Please contact your technical team on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they may be able to help further with regards to your question.

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

My heater smells like gas when it first starts up and when gas bottle is low .Only last for 30 mins

Hi chris d,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

Love my heater but have noticed on start up in the morning or when gas bottle is low it has been has been smelling like gas goes away after running for a while

Hi cris d,
Thanks for the getting in touch, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 4 Rinnai Dynamo 15
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) $1,226.00$1,226.00$1,226.00$1,226.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and Portable
Max Room Size 59595959
Colour / FinishSilverWhiteSilverWhite
Dimensions 495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and Timer
Gas Star Rating 5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)
Max Gas Input15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h
Power3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W
Gas TypeLPGLPGNatural GasNatural Gas
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateMar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006