Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

4.3

Pg quick

Pg quick

Great Heater.

This heater is really good so easy to use and lots of features.I did not buy the Avenger 25 as its out put was too large for my room size.The Dynamo model is just right for the room,it has push button start with automatic fan speed,i like it very much.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review Pg quick, we are pleased to hear the Dynamo heater is suiting your needs. It is important to choose a heater than fits the room so as not to cause issues of over heating.

Steve

Steve

Heats the room quickly and quietly. Timers work really well

We replaced a noisy reverse-cycle air conditioner with this gas heater, and couldn't be happier. It quickly heats the room without any fuss, and maintains the temperature easily. We use the self-timers to have it switch on automatically an hour before we awake and the room is nice and toasty when we get up. No complaints

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Steve, we're happy to hear the heater is working so well for you.

June Tay

June TayPerth

Amazing Heater

Hi all, this heater works amazing at our 3 bedroom 2 bath house. Bought this as my sister bought it before and she told me it does not really smell as other brands. I bought it and it is proven that I could not really smell the burning gas. It heat the small room around 30sqm really quick and it has economy mode and temperature setting so that you can save you bills. Our winter this time saved by this little heater.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Manoj

ManojSydney

Keeps the whole house warm

This is a fantastic heater. My house is a 4 bedroom small-medium sized house. we keep this heater in the living room pointing the corridor leading towards the rooms. It would warm up the whole house in just under an hour.
    This is very economical as well. It has "Eco mode", 2 timer functions and the temperature setting (relatively accurate).
    We have been using this for just over five years now.

Highly recommended to anyone looking for a portable heating solution.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Manoj, we are always please to hear from our long term customers and it's great to hear your heater is serving you so well.

Michael McDermott

Michael McDermottSYDNEY

Great heater and very very little gas smell

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Gas Heater Eever

I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment. This gas heater is cheap to operate and fast to run. It only takes 10 minutes and I can feel my apartment warm. It's nice and cosy for me and my dogs. Best decision ever. Why buy an electric heater when gas is cheaper to operate?

Date PurchasedJul 2016
    elizabeth.bender.92

elizabeth.bender.92Sydney, Australia

Excellent hearing system for small home!

This is a dependable gas heater that work well every time. It heats an entire medium sized room very quickly and efficiently. It has a clean and modern look and it easily blends in so as not to become a focal point of the room. Easy to use and easy to program and to turn on. We have been very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2013
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Elizabeth, we're pleased to hear the heater is working well for you.

About the kerosene smell

We've had our heater for three years now without any problems, then a few days ago we started noticing a strong gas smell coming from it. We opened more Windows and made sure the filter was clean but the smell did not go away. Then we noticed our oranges from the week before starting to mould. We wrapped up the moldy fruits and threw the out and presto the gassy kerosene smell was gone!

Great Gas Heater. Love it

Got the Rinnai Dynamo 15, for heating our Lounge, Kitchen and dining area. Really like the unit, it does its job.
    Very easy to use. only suggestion for newbie, to connect to gas point, you don't screw thing, but more like a hard push first in gas point and then slight turn/screw thing.

I would recommend this to anyone.
    But if for much larger areas, will also look at larger Avenger model

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review and the tip for connecting to the gas point. We hope you continue to enjoy your heater for many years to come.

Panania

PananiaSydney

Just the right heater we needed.

After reading several reviews (including reviews on productreview.com.au), we've recently bought the Rinnai Dynamo 15.
    It is compact, extremely simple to install. This piece of machine is quiet and has absolutely no smell.
    Warm up lounge room, dinning room and kitchen area (approx. 38m2) within 20 minutes.
    It's a bit on the pricey side but truly worth it.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Panania. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Rinnai Dynamo 15.

Graham-and-Hayley

Graham-and-HayleyPerth, WA

The research was worth it! Fantastic!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the feedback Graham-and-Hayley. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Dynamo heater.

Am I a happy vegemite?

Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast

Great

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your review of the Dynamo heater, we are glad to hear you are happy with it.

jenniemorton

jenniemortonadelaide

Perfect! Can't live without it

We are absolutely thrilled with this heater! This is our 2nd one now for a different area of our large home, as the first one was so effective. We are looking forward to a warm and cozy winter as these heaters thoroughly warm a large area in very little time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing instant, quiet, clean and economical heat.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jenniemorton. We are very happy to hear your delight with your new heater and thank you for your loyalty to our brand. We wish you many warm winters to come.

Western resident

Western residentNorth parramatta

Perfect

Great heater, warm up very quickly. NO gas smell.
    Made a right decision to buy this model even though a few bad comments about gas smell.
    I bought this a few days ago with no problems at all. Energy efficient. Heater runs very quietly. Anyone looks for the great heater small to medium size living room. Strongly recommended.
    Warm, no noise or gas smell.

Odourless and warm!

I agree with mistyblue68. I almost didn't buy the thing because of all the negative reviews relating to "strong gas smells". I can only assume that they have to do with the existing connections. We bought the heater when our cold cold terrace became too cold to bear. Now it's toasty as hell. No regrets (so far anyway).
    Quiet, almost instant warming and energy efficient
    Not cheap but worth every cent.

mistyblue68

mistyblue68MASCOT

Nice and toasty in our house. No smells here.

Aliasked

Dynamo 15 DY15N (Natural Gas, White)

My heater switches off again and again and screen shows error 13, I got it serviced and checked, everything is fine, still it keeps on shutting down. Filter light also flashes and then it switches off with screen showing error 13, pls help.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ali, thanks for the question, Error code 13 usually indicates the combustion control is faulty and the heater requires a service call.

If the service was booked with Rinnai, the work will be covered under our service warranty and the technician will reattend to diagnose the issue,

Ali

Hi, surprisingly when I remove the small filter the heater remains functional and doesnt switch off, any thoughts?

Hi Ali,

Please contact your technical team on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they may be able to help further with regards to your question.

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

My heater smells like gas when it first starts up and when gas bottle is low .Only last for 30 mins

Hi chris d,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

cris d.

cris d.asked

Dynamo 15

Love my heater but have noticed on start up in the morning or when gas bottle is low it has been has been smelling like gas goes away after running for a while

Hi cris d,
    Thanks for the getting in touch, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
    Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 4 Rinnai Dynamo 15
    CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
    Price (RRP) A$1,226.00A$1,226.00A$1,226.00A$1,226.00
    Heater TypeConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and Portable
    Max Room Size 59595959
    Colour / FinishSilverWhiteSilverWhite
    Dimensions 495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm
    FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and Timer
    Gas Star Rating 5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)
    Max Gas Input15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h
    Power3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W
    Gas TypeLPGLPGNatural GasNatural Gas
    Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
    Release dateMar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006