faulty unit

I am an air-con installer. This was my first unit out 500 plus i installed. Ran for week and all of a sudden stopped heating . On behalf of customer i raised the warranty claim. It took week for technician to visit. Initially they took the credit card detail of the client advising in case it was installers fault ( my fault). technician went out and confirmed it was fault with outdoor unit and will be fixed in 3 weeks time. what a product quality and warranty service they offer. I can also comment about the product but i believe it is not good for my profession.
shame on Rinnai.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Noise Level
Heating / Cooling Speed
Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Living/Dining Area
shan
shan

Thank you again for your time. I waited 30 minutes on the phone to speak and I was told , that i will get a call back with update. Never received a phone call.
Thanks again for your excellent service.

Sue181818

Sue181818Canberra 2600, ACT

Can’t fault it

So far only used the heating function but it is very efficient at heating and keeping a constant temperature.The LED screen makes it easy to read the temperature and the remote control is easy to use. It is also very quiet. Look forward to trying out the cooling system over the summer.

Purchased in October 2018.

Noise Level
Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Large Bedroom

poor customer service

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys.

Home Insulation Level Poor
Room Type Large Bedroom and Living/Dining Area
Mark pullan

I’m sure if your customer service team responds to customers in a reasonable time frame. This will definitely help :)

cj7hawkPerth, WA

Doesn't honor warranty - read more reviews about different models to see how bad their service is.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review cj7hawk. Could you please provide us with your contact details by emailing enquiry@rinnai.com.au and mentioning this review, so we can action promptly and assist with providing a resolution.

Lasted two years before it malfunctioned

This unit was installed in our investment unit in July 2016. At October 2018 the unit had malfunctioned and would not work (no power indication, no cooling, heating or fan operation). By all accounts the unit heats/cools well, however, we would have expected the mean time between failure to have been longer.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

vic

vic

perfect

this unit was under warranty replacement . so far was winter and I used it only 2 or 3 times and was ok . will see when summer is coming to use more often my old air con was not strong and stop working after 2 years now I am looking forward for this new rinnai air con

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Ben M

Ben MVictoria

Excellent unit

Perfect unit, it cools and heats my room very quickly. It’s not overly noisy when running and love the led temperature on the face of the unit, it’s relatively easy to use with the remote and doesn’t have a huge effect on the power bill. I highly recommend this unit

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Ben M, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you and wish you many more warm winters.

acal

acalMelbourne

Good aircon for small room.

Good little unit for bedroom. Works efficiently and quietly. Connects to wifi so can be controlled by phone - handy when we want to adjust it without going into the room and waking baby.

However the 'Rinnai first care' installers weren't great - they arrive to install it and then show us a list of all the extra charges we're up for, which we weren't expecting as we had paid for installation at the place of purchase. Beware of these extras as it may be cheaper to buy a more expensive unit where installation costs are fixed and final.

ZoeMelbourne

My saviour!

We recently purchased this aircon on a 40 degree day and had it installed immediately. The plumber and electrican advised the job was “easy”. The aircon works excellent and cools down almost my entire 4 bedroom 2 lounge house. (Single story). The numbers on the screen are dull which means at night we are not kept awake by a bright light.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review Zoe, we are happy to hear the air conditioner is working so well for you.

Zhen

ZhenBrisbane

Does the job well

Ok system. Value for money, however as compared to other systems out there it has lots of rooms for improvements. I really love the LED temperature interface as I do not have to look at the remote to find out what the temperature is.

The system cools pretty fast for my living room which is pretty good however after reading the first comment, I don't know how long this system will last.

Date PurchasedNov 2011
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Zhen, we appreciate your comments. The Rinnai G series airconditioning units have a 5 year manufacturing warranty for domestic use for peace of mind with your purchase.

Faulty dodgy PCB avoid Rinnai at all costs!

This Rinnai split system air con didn't even last a year before the PCB went, Rinnai are very slow with spare parts to there sub contractors around a month to fix and no guarantee that it won't stop working again. Avoid Rinnai split systems at all costs!! Faulty, dodgy unit!!!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

A quiet achiever

The unit is compact and slotted well into the space vacated by the previous unit. What impresses us most is its quietness and easy controls. The swing feature is most effective in getting cool air to all parts of our living area. We like the LED temperature display on the inside unit.

Julitha R.

Julitha R.asked

RINV51RC (5.1kW)

I have moved into a rental property which has this unit installed. It has a 'Heat' switch, but still seems to just pour out cold air. Am I stupid? Does this unit heat as well as cool??

cj7hawk

It should. If it doesn't then it's broken. They do work particularly poorly though and require frequent (several times a year ) services, in which they will have to either take the entire unit apart, or clean it with high pressure water. High pressure air doesn't work on these units from my experience.

But all that aside, even when not working well, they usually can produce some warm air.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Julitha R, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Steve

Steveasked

RINV70RC (7.0kW)

I’m looking to buy the new Rinnai Q series 7kw split system. Anyone have any feedback on these and is the outdoor compressor made in China?

cj7hawk

I would not recommend this. My 7kW unit is underperforming, and got bad enough that Rinnai support said it sounded like a manufacturing fault and they could only send someone out to fix it. I tried to take it back through The Good Guys but they convinced my wife to let Rinnai deal with it directly. They didn't service it, didn't fix it and only played with the remote at the time, told me it was a warranty fault, and would be fixed. Then I got a call from them demanding that I pay for the call out before they fixed it under warranty. Google "rinnai support is terrible" to see what people are saying about their product support. So far, the maximum measured performance I've ever gotten out of the unit was 70% of what the product states is it capable of. That's pretty low.

Matt D
Matt D

My initial experience hasn't been great with the Rinnai Q series 7kw unit. I suppose the aircon unit cools the room down well enough, but the wifi control function doesn't work from my Android phones. I eventually had the tech department contact me about issue, and they've told me I could be up for a $300 fee if the tech determines it isn't a Manufacturer issue. I'll have a tech visit next week. Hopefully it isn't a problem caused by my electrician installer, but I can't find any mention in any online documents about fault finding of issues. It appears though that the Wifi module is an OEM product from Broadlink, and the aircon to wifi interface hardware and software is completely handled by Broadlink, not Rinnai. It better not be an Android app issue.... Considering total cost of ownership might include lost work time due to being at home when a tech needs to visit, I would recommend spending more and getting a different brand that is equally as efficient.

Trevor R.
Trevor R.

I couldn't get my to register on my android phone (Samsung Note 9) so I registered on an iPad. Once I registered on iPad they all showed up on my android phone.

Jon C

Jon Casked

Hello
I think my unit is very unwell.
If you set it to 23 on heat with fan in auto it stops working after about 20 minutes. If you go to the remote and look at the room temp it will tell you it’s 20 and it’s set for 23. The only time it stays on is if you have the fan on turbo.
I don’t know what to do next.
Please get back to be.
Jon.

Zoe

Hi! I have no idea? Maybe call rinnai as that’s what they are for..

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai RINV34RC (3.4kW)

Rinnai RINV51RC (5.1kW)

Rinnai RINV51RC (5.1kW)

Rinnai RINV25RC (2.5kW)

Rinnai RINV25RC (2.5kW)

CategorySplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air ConditionersSplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $879$1,599$1,249$779
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Capacity3.4 kW7 kW5.1 kW2.5 kW
Heating Capacity 3.8 kW7.5 kW5.5 kW2.8 kW
Reverse Cycle YesYesYesYes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)Full System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 3 stars2 stars2 stars3 stars
Heating Energy Rating 3.5 stars2 stars2.5 stars3.5 stars
Operating Temperature for Cooling -12 to +47-12 to +47-12 to +47-12 to +47
Operating Temperature for Heating -12 to +47-12 to +47-12 to +47-12 to +47
Indoor Unit Dimensions 300 x 850 x 198 mm330 x 1100 x 235 mm315 x 970 x 235 mm300 x 800 x 198 mm
Indoor Weight10 kg16 kg14 kg9.5 kg
Max Indoor Sound Pressure Level41 dB48 dB46 dB40 dB
Outdoor Unit Dimensions 535 x 802 x 298 mm681 x 900 x 343 mm535 x 802 x 298 mm540 x 720 x 260 mm
Outdoor Weight 30 kg54 kg38 kg27.5 kg
Max Outdoor Sound Pressure Level52 dB57 dB54 dB51 dB
Max Outdoor Sound Power Level60 dB65 dB62 dB59 dB
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)