Rinnai RINV70RC (7.0kW)

Rinnai RINV70RC (7.0kW)

MPN: 36246978
1.0 from 1 review

cj7hawkPerth, WA

Doesn't honor warranty - read more reviews about different models to see how bad their service is.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rinnai
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review cj7hawk. Could you please provide us with your contact details by emailing enquiry@rinnai.com.au and mentioning this review, so we can action promptly and assist with providing a resolution.

Steve

Steveasked

I’m looking to buy the new Rinnai Q series 7kw split system. Anyone have any feedback on these and is the outdoor compressor made in China?

cj7hawk

I would not recommend this. My 7kW unit is underperforming, and got bad enough that Rinnai support said it sounded like a manufacturing fault and they could only send someone out to fix it. I tried to take it back through The Good Guys but they convinced my wife to let Rinnai deal with it directly. They didn't service it, didn't fix it and only played with the remote at the time, told me it was a warranty fault, and would be fixed. Then I got a call from them demanding that I pay for the call out before they fixed it under warranty. Google "rinnai support is terrible" to see what people are saying about their product support. So far, the maximum measured performance I've ever gotten out of the unit was 70% of what the product states is it capable of. That's pretty low.

Matt D
Matt D

My initial experience hasn't been great with the Rinnai Q series 7kw unit. I suppose the aircon unit cools the room down well enough, but the wifi control function doesn't work from my Android phones. I eventually had the tech department contact me about issue, and they've told me I could be up for a $300 fee if the tech determines it isn't a Manufacturer issue. I'll have a tech visit next week. Hopefully it isn't a problem caused by my electrician installer, but I can't find any mention in any online documents about fault finding of issues. It appears though that the Wifi module is an OEM product from Broadlink, and the aircon to wifi interface hardware and software is completely handled by Broadlink, not Rinnai. It better not be an Android app issue.... Considering total cost of ownership might include lost work time due to being at home when a tech needs to visit, I would recommend spending more and getting a different brand that is equally as efficient.

Trevor R.
Trevor R.

I couldn't get my to register on my android phone (Samsung Note 9) so I registered on an iPad. Once I registered on iPad they all showed up on my android phone.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

CategorySplit System Air Conditioners
Price (RRP) $1,599.00
Features Inverter, On/Off Timer, Remote Control and Wi-Fi Smart Control
Cooling Capacity7 kW
Heating Capacity 7.5 kW
Reverse Cycle Yes
TypeFull System (Indoor & Outdoor Unit)
Cooling Energy Rating 2 stars