Rinnai HOTFLO Electric Storage

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rinnai Hotflo 315 litre Electric Hot Water Heater

Thank you Rinnai very happy with the service of the technician that came out and fixed the problem, was the anode that was incorrectly installed from the start by builder plumber? So happy now thank you so much

Purchased in February 2017 for A$1,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Dan

Hi there is there a number for me to discuss this issue

Dario

DarioSydney, NSW

No issues whatsoever, easy installation and solid hot water

I saw all the negative comments here and decided to let everyone know that my Rinnai electric HOTFLO 250L purchased July 2019 is wonderful, good narrow dimensions, made in Australia, Victoria new factory - I did my research. I'm guessing that other customers were ether in minority and/or unlucky and/or products were made in China and all called a plumber instead of calling Rinnai direct and let them guide them through the process. Got good price, $729 delivered and then I organised best installation option - don't let plumbers rip you off please.

Purchased in July 2019 at Cass Brothers for A$729.00.

Noise Level

GEdmundsTasmania

Extremely Poor Product

Purchased in March 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Household Size 1 person(s)
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi GEdmunds, Thanks for getting in touch, this matter has been escalated.

Thanks,

Electric Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai HOTFLO Electric Storage compares to other Electric Continuous Hot Water Systems

Martin WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Warranty useless.

Purchased in June 2018 for A$1,558.00.

Household Size 3 person(s)
Cal909

Cal909AU

Stay away from Rinnai, bad product, bad service

Agreed this is very bad service, my tank is rusted I believe, as hot water came out yellowish. When I called them they will not be able to advise whether my tank is still under warranty or not, even I have provided the receipt, model and serial number. They told me to book the technician for $195.00 and they will let me know if it is still under warranty or not.
All I want to know is what is the warranty period for my tank and the storage cylinder of my tank, no you will need to pay $195.00 for that answer. Sad sad sad, I don;t know how Rinnai's customer services be so bad beyond word can be describe.

Date PurchasedNov 2009
JenjiK

JenjiKNowra, NSW

It does the job well

This is the only hot water heater I have ever needed to buy. The previous one died of old age in mid-winter. I went up a size, from 80L to 125L, mainly for family visits, not because I need the extra capacity every day.
Being without hot water for almost a week (the old one carked it on a freezing Friday night and the supplier with the best price in my regional area didn't have this model in stock) has made me really appreciate reliable hot water.
Running costs are fine for the size. Installation was straightforward. Overall, the whole process cost less than I feared, and less than the Harvey Norman supply and fit package.
No issues at all - it does precisely what it's supposed to, at least at this stage (seven weeks).

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review JenjiK, we are glad to hear the hot water unit is working well for you.

Jey.N

Jey.N

Not enough for 4 persons to shawer...

I installed a new Rinnai 315L single element unit 2 months ago. from that day, still now we run out of hot water every afternoon. 4 of us in my house. we don't use hot water to wash clothes. when I called their customer service. they asked me to give the credit card detail first to send a technician. very bad customer service. pls don't buy Rinnai product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD

seems to a common theme lack of hot water! now what do i do

right ive just had a house built and been in only 5 month. now my Rinnai 315lt hot water is not hot enough even though its set to 70 degrees. we have to use max hot water at the tap and are still feeling cold as this weather goes cooler.
ok rannai who do I call? the builder of the home? the plumber or you? im not paying a cent either way it goes as ive paid more than the system is worth with the builders markup. no such product should be faulty in such a short time.
ill await reply so I don't get shafted with the you should have contacted us response.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Jason

Thank you for your prompt reply. Ill chase it up with the builder

Irene gritton

Irene grittonBuderim

Rubbish

After only two years of use in a single person household I've just paid $372. to replace the element & thermostat. Oh, & 2 rusted bolts. I'm assured the parts are better quality than the original but betting the manufacturers won't accept responsibility for supplying sub standard parts. Reading other reviews it seems
pointless contacting Rinnai who would say I should have contacted them first. Wonder how long that would have taken to get hot water back on.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

SheronSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyers be aware

Date PurchasedJun 2016
gazzaplus

gazzaplusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Chinese made garbage.

Another product made in China and as usual---- garbage.
It was a simple matter of swapping the old unit out, connect the supply and the inlet/outlet pipes.
Yes, extremely simply until the water was turned on and filled the tank all four tapered threads leaked. How long have we humans been making threaded devices, unfortunately the Chinese can't get it right. Checked the threads with a thread gauge and they weren't even close.
If you want to waste time fixing a brand new product then buy Rinnai http://www.rinnai.com.au/

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Doctor

DoctorPort Stephens

Good seller

Good price and service.
I had trouble with a Rheem product and didn't want another.
Was delivered at a better price than others without delivery.
Was easy to install and is performing well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Doctor, Thank you for your feed back, We wish you many years on continued service from your unit.

Review collected in partnership with Rinnai

Tara Rymer

Tara RymerNew South Wales, Australia

Nothing but trouble.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Paul Vardy

Paul VardyWiaheke Island, Auckland

Leaky Hotflow

I have had my Rinnai Hotflo for about two years now ....unknown to me it had been slowly leaking water into to the element box at the base of the cylinder and the floor boards under the Hotflo were soaking wet ...if the element had not blown the whole thing could have gone through the floor boards and what more disturbing is the nice guy who came around to fix it told me this is a common problem with these heaters ...I ask my self why are they not fixing the problem on the factory floor where they make them .....I checked where they are making them and behold it was CHINA ??!! well enough said ...my suggestion is ...Don't buy one ....

Krys

KrysMelbourne

Please help! Rinnai Hotflo drips after every time I use the hot water.

SandyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Buy your enemy one...terrible and Rinnai service irresponsible

Miona

MionaSydney

Hadn't even produced Hot water and Rinnai technician charges $177 and still no hot water!

Jayasked

Hi
Rennai Hotflow Hot water system was installed by a plumber in May 2013. It started dripping slowly a few months ago and now increased flowing continuously from top of the cylinder! I read that Cylinder has 10 year warranty/ 7 year labour and could you please advise me what is the next step! Thanks

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Jay, thanks for the question. Booking a service call so we can diagnose the issue with the unit would be the next step.

You can book the service call online here and you will be contacted by the technician to book an appointment:

The current warranty for the Hotflo unit is 7 or 10 years depending on the size of the tank and 3 years labour warranty. The warranty applicable for your unit will depend on the model number and date of manufacture and can be confirmed in the warranty booklet supplied with the heater or through our service line on 1300 555 545.

Thanks, it's model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468
Could you please confirm if cylinder warranty is covered!

Hi
Yesterday I contacted 'Rams' plumbing Toowoomba(installer) and was advised to contact Rinnai with model/ Serial # (model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468)
If you could confirm what is next step is? What I want is not calling a plumber/ technician who charges couple hundred dollars and and say 'you have to replace' the unit!
So appreciate very much if this unit (model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468 )which was installed in May 2013 is covered!

Best regards
Jayantha

Jan Jasked

HOTFLO Electric Storage

I purchased a Rinnai 125 HOTFLO water heater less than 18 months ago and had it installed by a licensed plumber. Yesterday I noticed it is seeping water out of the cylinder bottom circumference seam and causing that seam and small nut to begin to rust. I have called Rinnai today and had to wait so long, then spoke to a technician, who said this definitely should not be happening, and the cylinder is still under warranty. He re-directed me back to the "bookings" switch, but I never got answered. I request that I am called back urgently, before this problem gets any worse. I had my previous water heater in the same spot for 15 years without anything like this happening. From above reviews it seems like this system has problems. Either way, I want Rinnai to fix this problem. It is definitely a product fault.

Hi Jan J,

Thanks for the question, you can make a booking through the Rinnai website here:

Alternatively if you can send us a private message with your contact details we can have one of the team contact you.

Dear Rinnai,
I have received the email and when I click on to the website https: the form does not eventuate, the page just continues to talk about conditions and costs. So I have then tried to get the form on CONTACT. This gives me the form, but when I try to enter my NAME etc. the form disappears! What is going on ? Please contact me again through my email and I will give my private phone number so your staff can contact me personally.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Jan, can you please send a private message with your contact details as we do not have your email address.

None

Noneasked

HOTFLO Electric Storage

Hi - I have a Rinnai HOTFLO electric water heater purchased via Origin about a year ago, model HFE160 (160 litres). It works fine but the thermostat setting is too low by a few degrees, the water is warm and not hot, something I'd like to correct now that it's winter. It takes about 5 minutes for warm water to come out of the kitchen tap when is should be hot, the shower water is warm but was not a problem in the summer. The only question I have is how can I as a user increase the temperature setting without having to arrange a serviceman to come do it at a cost. I live in Oxley Brisbane 4075. Thanks. Peter

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question None. There are unprotected electrical connections and no user accessible components so a suitably qualified person is required to make the adjustments.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives