Rinnai HOTFLO Electric Storage

MPNs: EHF250S36 and EHF80S36

4 questions from our users

Jayasked

Hi
Rennai Hotflow Hot water system was installed by a plumber in May 2013. It started dripping slowly a few months ago and now increased flowing continuously from top of the cylinder! I read that Cylinder has 10 year warranty/ 7 year labour and could you please advise me what is the next step! Thanks

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Jay, thanks for the question. Booking a service call so we can diagnose the issue with the unit would be the next step.

You can book the service call online here and you will be contacted by the technician to book an appointment:

The current warranty for the Hotflo unit is 7 or 10 years depending on the size of the tank and 3 years labour warranty. The warranty applicable for your unit will depend on the model number and date of manufacture and can be confirmed in the warranty booklet supplied with the heater or through our service line on 1300 555 545.

Thanks, it's model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468
Could you please confirm if cylinder warranty is covered!

Hi
Yesterday I contacted 'Rams' plumbing Toowoomba(installer) and was advised to contact Rinnai with model/ Serial # (model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468)
If you could confirm what is next step is? What I want is not calling a plumber/ technician who charges couple hundred dollars and and say 'you have to replace' the unit!
So appreciate very much if this unit (model is HFE315 ?SSL? and S/N is EHF31500468 )which was installed in May 2013 is covered!

Best regards
Jayantha

Jan Jasked

HOTFLO Electric Storage

I purchased a Rinnai 125 HOTFLO water heater less than 18 months ago and had it installed by a licensed plumber. Yesterday I noticed it is seeping water out of the cylinder bottom circumference seam and causing that seam and small nut to begin to rust. I have called Rinnai today and had to wait so long, then spoke to a technician, who said this definitely should not be happening, and the cylinder is still under warranty. He re-directed me back to the "bookings" switch, but I never got answered. I request that I am called back urgently, before this problem gets any worse. I had my previous water heater in the same spot for 15 years without anything like this happening. From above reviews it seems like this system has problems. Either way, I want Rinnai to fix this problem. It is definitely a product fault.

Hi Jan J,

Thanks for the question, you can make a booking through the Rinnai website here:

Alternatively if you can send us a private message with your contact details we can have one of the team contact you.

Dear Rinnai,
I have received the email and when I click on to the website https: the form does not eventuate, the page just continues to talk about conditions and costs. So I have then tried to get the form on CONTACT. This gives me the form, but when I try to enter my NAME etc. the form disappears! What is going on ? Please contact me again through my email and I will give my private phone number so your staff can contact me personally.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Jan, can you please send a private message with your contact details as we do not have your email address.

None

Noneasked

HOTFLO Electric Storage

Hi - I have a Rinnai HOTFLO electric water heater purchased via Origin about a year ago, model HFE160 (160 litres). It works fine but the thermostat setting is too low by a few degrees, the water is warm and not hot, something I'd like to correct now that it's winter. It takes about 5 minutes for warm water to come out of the kitchen tap when is should be hot, the shower water is warm but was not a problem in the summer. The only question I have is how can I as a user increase the temperature setting without having to arrange a serviceman to come do it at a cost. I live in Oxley Brisbane 4075. Thanks. Peter

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question None. There are unprotected electrical connections and no user accessible components so a suitably qualified person is required to make the adjustments.

Ann

Annasked

HOTFLO Electric Storage

After receiving our latest Power bill we went "Shock horror" at the increased amount of power our hot water usage was. We have a 400L Rinnai Hot flow Storage heater that is only 18mths old. There are only 2 people living in the house. In the last quarter our usage has increased by 2000kwh, from 347kwh in the previous quarter to 2343 kwh. Something very wrong here. My question at this stage is what happens if the licenced installer has connected the wires the wrong way around, even though it has worked fine, would this cause a higher power consumption over time?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ann, there could be a number of issues that might increase the power bill, have you noticed any water leaking from the tank? We have a technical help line that might be able to run through some troubleshooting for you, they are available Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.30pm.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives