Rinnai Infinity 16

46 questions from our users

Teh K.

Teh K.asked

Infinity 16

what's the capacity of the water ?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Teh K, we would recommend contacting our technical help desk to further clarify the information you are seeking regarding the Infinity 16/ They can be reached on 1300 555 545, option 3.

Steve L.

Steve L.asked

Rinnai 16 infinity is only delivering water at 30 degrees

Hi Steve L,

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 and they may be able to assist, alternatively, If a service call is required they can help organise this also.

Rinnai Australia.

Richard G.

Richard G.asked

Infinity 16

Can you please explain the difference between the infinity and the "B" Series Models? I have a holiday home and wish to have a suitable system. 1 Kitchen, 1 Bathroom, 1 Laundry and possible never operating all hot water/rooms together. Will 1 Remote (MC-91Q-2A) in the kitchen and 1 remote (MC-91Q-2A) in the Bathroom work together?

Hi Richard G,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our technical help team on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they can help you.

davidasked

Infinity 16

are you able to control the temperature on the rinnai infinity 16??
And if so how do you do it??

purplethings
purplethings

If I remember right, there was an optional extra you could purchase to adjust the temperature. We didn't get this though and haven't had any issues.

david

However this is not an answer!!!
I hope you are able to do better than this!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi David, you can purchase a temperature controller which are available on all the Infinity range. There are 4 different models available depending on your needs and multiple units can be added onto the system. More information on the models and their specifications can be found on the Rinnai Australia website here:

Once installed you can set the precise temperature the unit will produce.

Tonyasked

Infinity 16

We are very happy with our Infinity 16 however just recently the water pressure has halved compared to a week ago. Heat is fine just lacks pressure.

Bill2123
Bill2123

It's probably the pressure from your front tap. I don't like the product always has issues they use poor quality material on it. Not happy. Good luck with your issue.

Tony

It's not the front tap. We run a water tank and thought it was the pump. Same problem even on mains. Cold water pressure is the same as always. It's only the hot water and only in the last week.

first check inline strainer positioned at the cold water inlet for any blockages or foreign matter.

go to your local reticulation supply store you can hire a pressure recording equipment and compare with minimum pressure and flow charts from rinnai.

Also check if the flow reduction is over the complete dwelling or it maybe a case of replacing tap-washers.

if all else fails consult Rinnai technical support for further instructions or a service call by a trained technician to diagnose and fix problem issue.
regards
Peter Kothstein
GF8771

Ethan W

Ethan Wasked

Infinity 16

We have the rinnai 16 system and for some reason it keep changing ing the set temperature from 48 to 19 when you turn the hot water on. We have checked the gas and box and the power point is working. We have turned it off and left it for an hour but that didn’t help. What do you think the issue may be?

Hi Ethan W,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Mark

Markasked

Infinity 16

what size house is this suitable for

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Sales Department to discuss this matter. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 1).

Hello Mark,

A Rinnai 16 is recommended for a single bathroom.

If you intend to do renovations may I suggest you purchase a Rinnai Infinity 20 or B20 which is recommended for big 1 bathroom Home up to 2 bathrooms.
The difference is approximately $100 between a B16 to a B20.
The gas consumption of a Rinnai B16 is 124 MJ/hr and a Rinnai B20 is 156 MJ/hr.
Ensure that your gas supply can deliver the minimum gas consumption or the unit will not work to specifications

Ensure your Plumber/Gasfitter gets a minimum of 1.13KPA at the gas connection test point or the unit will not work to specifications.
Commissioning of the unit is the key to years of trouble free operation.

Rinnai Australia now offers extended warranty on heat exchanger subject to you subscribe to Rinnai to carry out a Rinnai technician Service every 5 years, so for a builder's series unit 5 and 10 years extending heat exchanger warranty to 15 years on part only.

If you get a 60 degree unit, a controller is required for the bathroom to comply with 50 degree Australian Standards.
2 or more controllers installed extending your parts and labour warranty by 2 years to 5 years.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Peter Kothstein

Stuart

Stuartasked

Infinity 16

We have an older infinity 16 heater, and it cuts in and out during showering. It is very sensitive to temperature adjustments- if you want a really hot shower its ok- if you want just warm it cuts out. I think it may have something to do with the incoming water temperature. Any suggestions? Is there a sensor I can disable? Thsnks

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your question.

We would recommend checking the cold water filter as it may require a clean.
If the unit is running on LPG we recommend contacting your local plumber to check, or if the unit is running on Natural Gas we recommend contacting your gas retailer to check the supply.

If you have any further enquires, please contact our Technical Helpdesk team on 1300 555 545 option 3 for assistance.

Garry

Garryasked

Infinity 16

Hi our Rinnai 16 is not firing up. The ignition does not seem to be kicking in. There is gas going to the system as I can smell it when it tries to ignite. I have checked the electric and the plug is ok
Thanks Garry

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Garry, if there is gas and power to the unit you may need to book a service call to diagnose the issue. You can book via our website here:
or contact us at 1300 555 545 option 2

Ross H

Ross Hasked

Infinity 16

Hi my rinnai b16 gas water heater is very loudat start up when someone turns a hot water tap on is this normal

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ross H, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

DAC

DACasked

Hi.
I note in response to an earlier question, it is said that the product does not consume much power in standby or operating modes. Can you tell me what not much means (in watts) in both standby and operating modes? I have a new PV array & Battery system and am now trying to build a bottoms up energy picture for our household

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question DAC, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Neil

Neilasked

Infinity 16

Problem is that water heater works fine but if the tap is turned off and then turned back on heater doesn’t reignight . If it is left for some time then it will work again.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Neil. Please contact our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.

Kate 5

Kate 5asked

Infinity 16

Can this be fitted inside and outside a building. We have a log cabin and wondered if it can be fitted inside or if it would need to be outside?

mechanic

Kate being a lpg burning water heater I don't think it would be a good idea to mount it inside your home because of gases and heat. mechanic.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Kate 5. Please refer to the following link located on our website, this will provide all the information you require. https://www.rinnai.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Operation-and-Installation-Manual-Oct-2017.pdf

For further enquiries please contact our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for assistance.

Jane F.

Jane F.asked

Infinity 16

At my fuse box the hot water fuse is always off. How is it my hot water is always working.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Jane F, Our Technical help desk is available for further assistance on 1300 555 545 option 3.

mechanic

Jane with out being there to have a look I don't know what is going on, I do know electricity bites hard so don't mess around with it contact a qualified electrician, be safe. mechanic.

Gyro
Gyro

Gas hot water does not use the hot water power circuit.

Hoilday

Hoildayasked

Hi
We are installing an on-suite to an onsite van , our plumber has advise that the Rinnai 16 is the one to get as you don't need to run a pilot light just need to run a power point ( LPG ) - We had been thinking of having a mixer tap for the shower and vanity however will this affect the heater performance and turn the gas down and them the possibility of going out. It is for an onsite caravan so just want it to work, without it being complicated. Should we just go with a hot and cold tap for both?

Regards , James

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Holiday. Please contact our free Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.

Jennifer

Jenniferasked

Infinity 16

Hi. I live in South Africa. I have a Rinnai 16 litre gas water heater. The complete gas section (diaphragm) part number C36E-51 is faulty and needs to be replaced. Would you have this part in stock or would you know where I could get it? Any help or guidance you could give would be appreciated. Thanks. Jennifer Goutier

Dennis

Dennisasked

Infinity 16

Water hammer when turning hot water off?

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your enquiry, we are happy to help. We have a technical helpdesk (which is a free service), who can be contacted on 1300 555 545 and select option 3. Alternatively, you can forward your contact details, brief description of the matter and mention of this review onto enquiry@rinnai.com.au, where one of our customer representatives will contact you shortly.

Thanks, Rinnai Australia.

George Zerial

George Zerialasked

Infinity 16

I have a B16 that runs off LPG. Is there a conversion kit that converts it to natural gas?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi George, We can get your details and get our technical help desk to call you if you send your name, contact details and mention of this question on product review to enquiry@rinnai.com.au

Otherwise we can refer you onto our technical help line who can be reached on at no charge on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Vik

Vikasked

Infinity 16

I have an rinnai infinity 16 model REU-VR1620WG-AK and will be going away on holiday. Do i simply turn of the gas and water valve? Should i leave the power cable connected and power source to the unit on?

Mitch
Mitch

Personally, I would pull the power if I was going to be gone for more than a few days. The do NOT turn on if there is no water flow. If the unit is older, or if you have doubts about the plumbing in your home, go ahead and turn off the water supply and the gas. On the matter of longer vacations, I have known folks in a non-freezing area to turn the unit off, water and gas to the house is off, too. That said, if you live in an area that can get frost and the unit is equipped with frost protection, AND there is a risk of frost or freezing, leave it connected to power so the frost protection will continue to protect the unit from freezing.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Vik. It is fine to turn off gas, water and electricity except in areas where frosts may occur. If frosts are possible the electricity should not be turned off as it may lead to damage to unit.

Maree M

Maree Masked

Infinity 16

I have an Infinity 16. I turned my gas off when I went away on holiday. Can you please tell me how I ignite the heater now that I have turned my gas back on?

Thank you for your question Maree M. Please find instructions following;

1. Turn gas meter on
2. Turn on water controller in bathroom or kitchen (if fitted)
3. Turn on hot tap to near maximum.

The heater should fire up. May be air in the gas line, so might take some time. If you are still having issues, check gas, cold water and electricity supplies to heater.
Alternatively you may contact our free technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.

See all Rinnai Infinity Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives