Rinnai Infinity 20

Rinnai Infinity 20

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy with Rinnai B20 unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

MitchHove

Excellent with one oddity....

Quick to fire up, lots of hot water (58-59 C). The only thing that puzzles me is the odd drop in pressure occasionally as it's firing up. Seems if the internal temperature is below some preset it restricts the flow for a moment until the temperature in the heat exchanger has a certain rise. Once warm (as in washing dishes and such) it really doesn't mess around. I'm pleased. Not excited... as it doesn't have as good a warranty as I had hoped, but the price was fair, the installation quick, and I can basically ignore it and know it's going to work.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mitch

Sounds like I'm looking for a kitchen controller and a bathroom controller! Thanks!! (Thumbs UP!!!)

Vipeesh K

Vipeesh KVictoria

Water is not hot and condensation on the solar panel

I have reported condensation issue on my solar panel and we had Rinnai technician came to fix this issue and they still can't fix this issue and going on with this issue for more than a month now. Why not get it replaced Rinnai? It is a brand new installed and within two weeks we noticed this condensation issue as well as water is not hot. I won't be happy till this solar panel is replaced since you already sent technician more than twice on the roof. Is this quality gone so bad?

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Joe.Mc

Joe.McPerth

Frustrating

I have an solar hot water system with an Rinnai solar 20 gas booster. I have had issues with it not getting hot enough. I have checked temps in the bathroom and kitchen which are struggling to get to 40deg's. I checked the temp at the closest tape which is in the laundry, it only gets to 45deg's. Is there some way I can increase temperature to 50deg's +??

Date PurchasedAug 2015

LizMAU

Luke Warm Water

Had a temp controlled (50 degree) Infinity 20 installed a few weeks ago. Using a pool thermometer the delivered to shower temp seems to be around 38-40 degrees (just tolerable in winter - saving on gas and water tho as not hot enough to hang around). Contacted plumber who advises unit cannot be adjusted and to ring Rinnai. I ring Rinnai technical support, who, after a 40 minute wait in the queue, could not have appeared to be any less interested and suggested I ring the plumber. On current experience stay away from this unit/supplier.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
LizM

Thank you Rinnae - I will do so however the temperature at the first bathroom, not three meters from the unit, is 38-40 not near 50.

Trevor

TrevorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No hot water at all

We have had the B20 for about 2 years and have nothing but problems with it, having a shower and the hot water cutting out half way through, our plumber could not find a fault so Rinnai came out after insisting we pay a call out fee of $198.00, yes $198.00 CALL OUT FEE, they said it was our shower heads causing the problem but the same thing happens even when trying to fill the kitchen sink just to wash the dishes, piece of crap, ive clicked 1 star because there isn't a no star option

Date PurchasedOct 2016

SajAdelaide

No hot water at all

After reading other reviews there seems to be a consensus that the B20 has an inherent problem with no hot water at all especially when cold weather sets in. I had the plumber who installed it check it, he said it was ok. I had gas company check gas flow and that was ok. Then today there was no water flow at all again. Not happy wouldn't recommend Rinnai.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Saj, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your hot water service. We would like to look into this further for you if you can send through your details mentioning this review, we will be in touch.

Saj

No problems, can you send me a contact email as I dont want to post my details on this site. Regards Saj

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Saj, our email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au, please quote 1806-208622 as your reference number

SheCanberra

Written Material about the product

I have searched the internet for 2 hours and I can find no reference as to whether or not the Infinity range 16, 20 B26, 26 requires an electrical power point at or near to the position of intended installation of the product. We need to find this information before we purchase the item.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
She

Thank you. I needed that information. We need to install it where there is no electricity. Your response is really appreciated. She

TerezeMelbourne

Worst hot water system I've ever had in my life.

I will never buy or recommend a continuous flow hot water system ever again in my life. It took so long to save for it, and now I have to start saving for a new one. One with a tank that I have always been happy with. I trusted the plumber when he raved on about it, and he called me negative when I said what some of the reviews said. Now I realize those reviews were 100% true. It's a heap of crap!

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the comment Tereze, the Infinity unit come in different temperature ranges and there is no difference in price between the 50 and 60 degree unit. We would recommend discussing this matter with the installing plumber.

Taryn

TarynPerth, WA

Lovely endless hot water

We recently ugraded from a 20 year old gas tank to the infinity 20, we also upgraded our copper pipework to have this as it needs to be made larger for instant if you previously had storage. It was the best decision ever. It does take 30 seconds to come through at the other end of the house but we can run multiple taps/showers at once and both have hot water without affecting the water pressure. Its so nice to have endless lovely hot water.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Taryn, it's great to hear you getting the right advice when upgrading from a storage tank and gas supply.

We wish you many more years of endless hot water.

inxs

inxsAU

B20 temperature is fine if adjusted.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Angela03

Angela03Sydney, NSW

terrible system -waste of water

recently installed rinnai infinity 20 , unhappy as this unit is wasting so much water , and it doesn't give the temperature we need , water is just warm and this is a new unit , rang rinnai but no satisfaction .regret changing the old rheem it was much better .rinnai infinity 20 rating , I would say 2 out of 10 .

LTruMelbourne

No hot water when it rains, the unit is not wet.

We love our Rinnai infinity 20 but it will not work when it rains, the unit is not wet as it sits under the eaves, the rains dries and the unit starts working again?
The unit is under 2 years old and initially worked in all weather.
How can we fix this issue?
Thanks L.

LTru

Thanks Rinnai, turns out it was the Gas Meter and a sump in the street filling with water when it rained, all good, Hot water again, Rinnai was not at fault.
L.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the update LTru and glad to see the issue has been resolved and you have reliable hot water again

Deano

Deano

Fantastic

No I don't work for Rinnai. In 2014 I replaced my 180ltr gas storage system with the Rinnai B20 unit. After more than 12 months use I can confirm that my gas usage has reduced by at least 70%. So far have had no reliability issues. To get an even temp you must have a controller. Probably takes a wee bit longer to heat up but a small price to pay I believe. Installer did a fantastic job, which probably helps too.
I highly recommend this product.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Deano and the advice about controllers, they really do make a difference to the unit. We are glad the hot water system is serving you well. It's great to hear the installer did a good job too, which eliminates a lot of issues.

John gBallarat 3350

No hot water

I have had this Infinnity 20 for about five years, no problems. Now when waiting for water @ 50 deg the readout drops to 12 and no hot water comes through. Please help . The first unit lasted about 12 years without a problem. Could the fault be with the unit or the touch pad . John g

John g

Thank you for your prompt response. I will check with the help desk. Cheers, John g

Rinnai infinity 20

Rinnai infinity 20 had put in a few weeks ago great product will never go back to another brand .Just one thing if the electitiy goes off do you have to close the gas line or do you just leave it .It does take a few minutes before the water gets hot but it should work that way

swiftauSydney, NSW

Can't understand what everyone is complaining about!

Doug68