Rinnai Infinity 24

60 questions from our users

Guner

Gunerasked

Infinity 24

Our rinnai infinity 24 gas hot water goes cold then hot then cold we wait nearly 15 mins to see if it’s going to heat but no what do you think the problem is

Jett
Jett

Your gas pipe needs updating. Its not large enough to handle instantaneous flow. I mentioned that in my post.
Rinnai should have this stated on their website. They don't because it would deter sales. Its not as simple as just changing over. Get a LPG unit. Would save you monthly gas service charges if you only use it for hot water.

Hi Guner,
Thanks for the question, there are a number of reasons for the symptoms you have stated. Our technical team can troubleshoot over the phone on 1300 555 545 option 3. They will need the model and serial number of the unit which can be found on the data plate on the left hand side of the unit.

Ianasked

Infinity 24

We have a Rinnai Infinity and Solar Hotwater unit. Worked perfectly for three months and then started going warm after a few minutes. Have now figured out after looking at other reviews that the issue is the filter at the front of the instantaneous unit. I’m now climbing on the roof every two months to clean the filter, surely this is a design fault.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ian, the filter on the Infinity unit filters out any dirt and debris in the water supply and unless you have badly contaminated water you shouldn't need to clean the filter so often.
We would recommend contacting our technical help desk on 1300 555 545, option 3 to discuss further as a service call may be required.

Ian

I will in Stonnington so would question contaminated water. What will the technician tell me that the plumber hasn’t already. From what I have read, a large number of people are having an identical issue. Thanks

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ian, It is difficult to diagnose this issue with the information at hand. Our technical team are a trained plumbers and experts in the Rinnai product but will need further information in order to help.

Amber M.

Amber M.asked

Infinity 24

Our system will work if running water into a sink but it keeps cutting out and flashing 12 on the display if we try to use the shower. Any ideas on what is going on?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Amber M. generally error 12 indicates an issue with gas supply to the unit. We would recommend checking gas is still being delivered to the unit (checking gas bottles if LPG). If this is all working well a service call will be required and can be booked here:

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

Infinity 24

I would to increase the default temperature fro 50 degrees celcius to around 60.
Understand this can be done within the unit. Can you please guide me to increase the default temperature?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Tony P, it will depend on the model of Infinity unit you have as to whether the temperature can be increased. You can call our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 with your model and serial number (which can be found on the left hand side of the unit), and they can advise if the unit can be adjusted.

Nikki.R

Nikki.Rasked

Infinity 24

We get a very heavy gas smell when using hot water - we have just moved in to this house and are not used to Instant hot water so not sure what is normal.

Hi Nikki R,

Thanks for the question. Please contact our technical helpdesk for assistance as they will be able to trouble shoot with you over the telephone on 1300 555 545.

kumar g.

kumar g.asked

Infinity 24

Is the gas line diameter for Rinnai 24 and 26 ,the same please?
Can a rinnai 26 replace a 24 without much modification?

Thanks for the question kumar g.,

We would recommend calling our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 with your model and serial number which can be found on the data plate.

kumar g.

kumar g.asked

Infinity 24

Can a Rinnai 26 replace a 24 without much modification,please?

Thanks for the question kumar g.,

Gab

Gabasked

Infinity 24

I have an old Rinnai which stopped working when in the shower. Seems the controller Turned off and is no longer working, can’t turn it back on.. Checked power sources, no issues..

Hi Gab,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Jacqueline L.

Jacqueline L.asked

Infinity 24

We have just bought a house with an infinity 24 water system. The Hot water was working fine and then we had a massive storm wind and rain storm and we lost Hot water, it won’t come back on! We can here the gas coming through but it doesn’t ignite. A sparky has checked the electric outlet and that is fine!

Hi Jacqueline L,

Thank you for the question.

The units safety components appear to have been activated to protect the unit in this instance and will require a service call to reset the hot water system. Please call Service on 1300 555 545 or alternatively you may book on line following the link provided /www.rinnai.com.au/support-resources/online-service-booking/

Robyn

Robynasked

Infinity 24

We had a power outage, now restored. Gas flowing to oven hobs. Still no hot water. Rinnai not starting when taps running. How do you reset?

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department who can talk you through the reset process. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Peter H.

Peter H.asked

Infinity 24

We have had no power for three days and therefore no hot water. As there is no pilot light for infinity 24, is there any way to manually light it?

Hi Peter H,

Thanks for the question.

As the infinity is fitted with an electrical ignition, power is required. Once the power is restored the unit will commence operation when a tap is opened.

Gary P.
Gary P.

Our Rinnai 24 goes cold then hot when not using full pressure, only sometimes ?

Hi Gary P,

We would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further.
They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (Option 3).

Manaaki

Manaakiasked

Infinity 24

I can hear the unit igniting or starting then suddenly stops. It heats the water for a second then switches off instantly. I try again and it always starts but doesn’t stay on. It’s as if there is either no gas going in for it to burn-which it has a full tank or the ignition to heat the water cuts out. I have tried many of the troubleshooting tips but none has worked. Does anyone know what Else I can try before I need to call a plumber. Thank you

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Manaaki, have you spoken to the Rinnai technical team? They may be able to troubleshoot with you over the phone and can refer you to book a service call if required. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Annie

Annieasked

Infinity 24

I bought a new controller for my Infinity 24. It is the BC 100 V deluxe controller. Unfortunately the Infinity 24 is not listed as a compatible system for this controller and it's not working. I plugged it in where the old controller went, and though the lights are on I can't control temperature using the new device. The small kitchen panel still works though. Is there a different controller that would be compatible?

Hi Annie,

Any heaters manufactured prior to January 2004 are not compatible with Deluxe Controllers due to the power consumption required by the advanced technology, which is why the lights display, but not any of the functions. While the MC601Q does not have the features of the Deluxe Controller, the technology is compatible with the Infinity 24.

Pete

Peteasked

Infinity 24

Mine is about 17 years old and is now not maintaining temp (hot to warm and back again). I have cleaned the inlet water filter and removed the water re-stricter from my shower head, which worked fine until recently and when removed made no difference. I have also listened to the gas flow during operation and no fluctuation noticed. We also have a temp controller in the bathroom. Wondering if it hot water unit needs replacing. Any idea what is going on? If I need to, do you recommended replacement model?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Pete, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

AJ W

AJ Wasked

Infinity 24

My Rinnai infinity 24 gas water heater wont work on cold mornings Once it starts to warm up it goes fine

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question AJ W, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Alz I.

Alz I.asked

Infinity 24

Whistling sound when hot water is turned on

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Alz l, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Irvo.

Irvo.asked

Infinity 24

We have a 24 about 6 years old & for a while now whilst showering, the water temp fluctuates every 50-60 secs. from warm to cold or hot to cold & the upstairs one does it even worse, can you guide me on what to do as we have guests staying soon. Regards JI.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Irvo. Please contact our Technical help desk for free troubleshooting advice on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Matt

Mattasked

Infinity 24

I have Rennai 24 , we had to turn off the water to fix a pipe , now the water isn’t hot? What should I check , there’s power to the unit , pressure there?
Is there a rest button?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your question Matt. In order for Rinnai to assist you further with your enquiry, please contact our free Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Nick Jones

Nick Jonesasked

Infinity 24

I have a Rinnai Infinity 24 Plus, 18 years old which has just started leaking water, albeit slowly. Looking to replace it, please advise if compatible with newer models for water and gas connections?

mechanic
mechanic

NICK, ring rinnai they will be pleased to help with your questions. MECHANIC.

Ianasked

Infinity 24

I have a Rinnai 24 hot water system with a temperature controller downstairs and also upstairs. The transfer button on the upstairs unit has become faulty and inoperable. The model number is BC-45-3A and I would guess is over 10 years old.Can I get it repaired or replaced with the same panel or will I have to replace with another model, If so what is compatible?

See all Rinnai Infinity Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives