Rinnai Infinity 26

Rinnai Infinity 26

• Smells of GasYes (2) · No (12)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Nbee

NbeeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would not recommend

This is the second one we have purchased
It seems they only last for 10 years and they die so I guess if you purchase one be prepared to replace every 10 years
I didn’t think I would have to replace a hot water system so often
They say they last for 25 years but I would not believe it
I am going to try another brand

Mazza

MazzaSydney, NSW

Absolute Garbage

Plumber installed all new valves, pipes and new hot water system; no hot water came out, tested gas pressure and was all ok. Again, no hot water came out.

Called Rinnai and no support was given. Staff were rude and not helpful at all. We were left with no hot water.

Never buy Rinnai hot water systems, absolute garbage.

Jett

JettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loud whirring noise

Purchased at G Store for A$1,099.00.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai Infinity 26 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

No Customer Service

Wow having read all these issues one thing really stands out..... customer service is non-existent just an automated response which does nothing to solve the issues or help the customer.
I'm not even going to bother adding my complaint.
I will just never buy a Rinnai product again.

purplethings

purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love the continuous flow of hot water

Purchased in May 2020.

Jude

Jude

Temperature decrease

Hi I have Rinnai infinity 26 (REU-V2626W(50)-AK), This system default temp 50 degree Celsius, I tried to decrease the temperature to 25 / 30 degree Celsius via dip switch. but I couldn't. The manual show only decrease 40 degree, can I decrease or not

Purchased in July 2013.

Peter Kothstein GF8771

Peter Kothstein GF8771Perth, WA

Rinnai Life expectancy excellent

Bill2123

Bill2123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience use cheap hosing that rusts

Does not cope always waiting ages for hot water.
Ribbed hosing rusted after only 5 years of use and started leaking like a sieve.
Plumber told me they have had many issues with this hose.
Annode had to be replaced after 2 years use.
They would not reimburse me to change the ribbed hosing to copper which is what it should have been in the first place.
We are pensioners and we cannot afford this additional cost.

Purchased in May 2015 for A$4,000.00.

pete

pete

Its a great hot water unit

Purchased for A$1,199.00.

Household Size3 person(s)

Blake M.

Blake M.Sydney, NSW

Cold & cruddy

Model Rinnai B26 A2626WB-50-AK
This unit is COLD, 20 degree day & I just had an only hot water shower & did not get warm at all from my COLD supply of water. I will have to purchase a thermometer & see the actual temp from faucet but you can stand under all hot from this unit without even feeling mild discomfort. Installed sheltered area. Looking forward to developing a hatred of Rinnai over the warranty period...
2 questions posed - Copes well with high demand & extended usage
- Does have issues with fluctuation but may not be due to hot water system

Purchased in November 2019 for A$800.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
CjhBrisbane

CjhBrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super efficient gas water heater, some lessons though

Replaced an old mains gas storage heater with an Rinnai Infinity 26 with controllers to set temp. Great news is my gas consumption fell 90% (not a typo).
Some lessons though.
Had to replace the mains gas line into the property to a larger size, ie less gas consumed but at a much higher rate.
Low flow taps/shower heads appear to confuse the heater (hence some poor reviews i guess), solution is to turn on hot tap much more seems to solve problem.
Have had the unit for almost two years, faultless and highly recommended.
However, given the cost of gas main replacement and gas retailers quarterly connection fee, it would have been more cheaper to go LPG option. QLD fee is almost $100 per quarter plus my $10 gas usage.

Purchased in April 2018 at Gstore.

Kate

KateNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Absolutely hate it!

Absolutely terrible HWS. Wastes ridiculous amounts of water to heat up, goes cold during showers several times per shower. Have to turn off cold and leave hot water to heat up during shower after already wasting water and time to heat up in first place. Deters the household from even wanting to shower regularly as it is not a relaxing experience whatsoever.

Purchased in April 2018 at ActewAGL.

Smells of GasYes
Rinnai A.Rinnai

On and off since its gone in

The hot water takes ages to come through, I'm on bottled gas no flow restrictors anywhere. Been like this since it went in. Plumber not helpful at all. It sometimes works after been thumped on the outside of unit.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$429.00.

Smells of GasYes
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Katie S, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with your unit. We would recommend speaking to our Technical Help Desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 who may be able to help.

Susan

SusanDERRIMUT VIC

Poor customer service with Rinnai

Had an issue with faulty value on solar hot water unit which we only had for 15 months. Tried to call Rinnai to book technician to fix problem ASAP however was on hold for 30 mins and couldn't get through so had no choice to go with independent plumber. Still had faulty value available and a massive water bill because of this. As we didn't use Rinnai's technician, this apparently void the warranty. It is appalling Rinnai not prepared to compensate us nor contribute to the cost of the massive water bill. In future will not support Rinnai products.

Purchased in February 2018.

Sandra A.

Sandra A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible temperature and flow

In the summer months it's OK but when it get cold the temperature at best the water is Luke warm and the flow is terrible.
I have had your Tech guy out charged me $190 to say it's not the unit it's the gas company flow from the street they came out said the gas Flow is fine .
I have had the plumber out 3 times thinking he could help he has seen what is happening but can't find anything .
This happened last winter we couldn't afford to call your tec guys again as her said it will cost again now winter here again and here we go again like warm shower again.
So frustrating wish I had money to buy a new brand.

Purchased in November 2017.

Donna

DonnaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not hot enough

Our water has never been hot enough. Can wash hair on all hot and hold hand under hot water at kitchen sink. Kitchen sink is close to the unit. Have to boil a kettle for wash up water. How can the temperature be raised please?

Purchased in August 2012.

Suzanna

Suzanna

I have no hot water and can't get a service call.

I have called four times today and had two return calls "to see what I Wanted" and all I want to do is book a service Call! How hard is that?

Purchased in November 2013.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Suzanna. We would like to confirm that a service call has been booked and a technician will be in attendance today to resolve this matter for you.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Very happy with our Unit, would definitely purchase another!

We purchased ours in 2012 and love our unit. I love being able to adjust the temperature and know my kids and visitors aren't going to get burnt . Great space saver also for the side of our house. We will definitely be looking to purchase another when we move into our new home next month.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
mechanic

mechanicabermain

i wish i would have purchased a rinnai infinity years before i did.

I purchased a rinnai infinity 26 lpg 60 (6) years ago it is and has been the best (in all respects) hot water system I have ever owned and I have owned a lot over (50) years.
I expect it will not last forever but there is not much that does.
It fired up perfectly the first time it was turned on and has been used a lot in (6) years and keeps on keeping on.
Cheap to run.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

We are pleased to hear that your infinity hot water unit is continuously exceeding your expectations. At Rinnai we pride ourselves in producing quality products and we thank you for your review Mechanic.

JennSydney

this happened to me too!

Finally got a service person to visit and the fan unit is faulty and has to be replaced. Is yours the brand new design with the dark grey contrast sides? Mine is. Service person says a few of these hard a faulty fan unit. Hopefully the replacement with fix it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Jenn. Please contact customer service on 1300 555 545 option 2 if you require any further assistance.

SomeGuy

SomeGuyasked

Infinity 26

Every time we have a power outage, after the power is restored, it's really hard to get hot water working again. I have to play around with the wireless remote control and turn on taps for over 20 minutes before it manages to ignite again.

Once ignited, it works fine until the next power outage... What causes it to be so hard to start again?

chuck h.

Had identical problem ! I guess the transceiver trips out and needs to be reset. You really don't need the remote at all. Just disconnect the transceiver cable at the quick connect (where the wire from the unit connects to the cable from the transceiver). The unit defaults to 50 degC and is hot enough and what's more still works after any power outage, almost instantaneously!

Hi SomeGuy,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

Joe

Joeasked

Infinity 26

The plumber just fitted a rinnai 26B 50° The water comes out at 40° Can you tell me this is normal The plumber press couple of buttons inside of the machine to the settings 5 F and the temperature still same Just warm no hot

chuck h.

Perhaps your hot water pipes are not insulated and you are getting heat loss through the surfaces. There will always be a heat loss in any system although 10 degC (25% ) is a lot!
Ring Rinnai service.
PS what do you mean by 5 F ? and how did you measure the temperature?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Joe, it sounds like the plumber has tried to make adjustments to the unit to combat the heat loss which can be done with the 50 degree models. He should be testing the temperature at the first bathroom to ensure you are getting true 50 degrees at the tap.

You can call our technical help desk who may be able to offer some advice, they are available on 1300 555 545 option 3,

Ikg80

Ikg80asked

Infinity 26

I have just moved in ,have continuous flow gas hot water, run water for ages & no hot water, power is switched on, what is the problem?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ikg80, thanks for the question. There can be a number of reasons the unit is not producing hot water. We would recommend checking the power point is working by plugging in another appliance and checking that both the water and gas supply to the unit are switched on.

We have a technical help desk that can help on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 10 Rinnai Infinity Range