Rinnai Infinity 26

Rinnai Infinity 26

2.7

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (2) · No (12)

JettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loud whirring noise

Purchased at G Store for A$1,099.00.

No Customer Service

Wow having read all these issues one thing really stands out..... customer service is non-existent just an automated response which does nothing to solve the issues or help the customer.
I'm not even going to bother adding my complaint.
I will just never buy a Rinnai product again.

purplethings

purplethingsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love the continuous flow of hot water

Purchased in May 2020.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai Infinity 26 compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Jude

Jude

Temperature decrease

Hi I have Rinnai infinity 26 (REU-V2626W(50)-AK), This system default temp 50 degree Celsius, I tried to decrease the temperature to 25 / 30 degree Celsius via dip switch. but I couldn't. The manual show only decrease 40 degree, can I decrease or not

Purchased in July 2013.

Peter Kothstein GF8771

Peter Kothstein GF8771Perth, WA

Rinnai Life expectancy excellent

Bill2123

Bill2123Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible experience use cheap hosing that rusts

Does not cope always waiting ages for hot water.
Ribbed hosing rusted after only 5 years of use and started leaking like a sieve.
Plumber told me they have had many issues with this hose.
Annode had to be replaced after 2 years use.
They would not reimburse me to change the ribbed hosing to copper which is what it should have been in the first place.
We are pensioners and we cannot afford this additional cost.

Purchased in May 2015 for A$4,000.00.

pete

pete

Its a great hot water unit

Purchased for A$1,199.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)
Blake M.

Blake M.Sydney, NSW

Cold & cruddy

Model Rinnai B26 A2626WB-50-AK
This unit is COLD, 20 degree day & I just had an only hot water shower & did not get warm at all from my COLD supply of water. I will have to purchase a thermometer & see the actual temp from faucet but you can stand under all hot from this unit without even feeling mild discomfort. Installed sheltered area. Looking forward to developing a hatred of Rinnai over the warranty period...
2 questions posed - Copes well with high demand & extended usage
- Does have issues with fluctuation but may not be due to hot water system

Purchased in November 2019 for A$800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)
CjhBrisbane

CjhBrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super efficient gas water heater, some lessons though

Replaced an old mains gas storage heater with an Rinnai Infinity 26 with controllers to set temp. Great news is my gas consumption fell 90% (not a typo).
Some lessons though.
Had to replace the mains gas line into the property to a larger size, ie less gas consumed but at a much higher rate.
Low flow taps/shower heads appear to confuse the heater (hence some poor reviews i guess), solution is to turn on hot tap much more seems to solve problem.
Have had the unit for almost two years, faultless and highly recommended.
However, given the cost of gas main replacement and gas retailers quarterly connection fee, it would have been more cheaper to go LPG option. QLD fee is almost $100 per quarter plus my $10 gas usage.

Purchased in April 2018 at Gstore.

Kate

KateNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Absolutely hate it!

Absolutely terrible HWS. Wastes ridiculous amounts of water to heat up, goes cold during showers several times per shower. Have to turn off cold and leave hot water to heat up during shower after already wasting water and time to heat up in first place. Deters the household from even wanting to shower regularly as it is not a relaxing experience whatsoever.

Purchased in April 2018 at ActewAGL.

Smells of GasYes
Rinnai A.Rinnai

On and off since its gone in

The hot water takes ages to come through, I'm on bottled gas no flow restrictors anywhere. Been like this since it went in. Plumber not helpful at all. It sometimes works after been thumped on the outside of unit.

Purchased in November 2018 for A$429.00.

Smells of GasYes
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Katie S, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with your unit. We would recommend speaking to our Technical Help Desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 who may be able to help.

Susan

SusanDERRIMUT VIC

Poor customer service with Rinnai

Had an issue with faulty value on solar hot water unit which we only had for 15 months. Tried to call Rinnai to book technician to fix problem ASAP however was on hold for 30 mins and couldn't get through so had no choice to go with independent plumber. Still had faulty value available and a massive water bill because of this. As we didn't use Rinnai's technician, this apparently void the warranty. It is appalling Rinnai not prepared to compensate us nor contribute to the cost of the massive water bill. In future will not support Rinnai products.

Purchased in February 2018.

Sandra A.

Sandra A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible temperature and flow

In the summer months it's OK but when it get cold the temperature at best the water is Luke warm and the flow is terrible.
I have had your Tech guy out charged me $190 to say it's not the unit it's the gas company flow from the street they came out said the gas Flow is fine .
I have had the plumber out 3 times thinking he could help he has seen what is happening but can't find anything .
This happened last winter we couldn't afford to call your tec guys again as her said it will cost again now winter here again and here we go again like warm shower again.
So frustrating wish I had money to buy a new brand.

Purchased in November 2017.

Household Size 4 person(s)
Donna

DonnaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not hot enough

Our water has never been hot enough. Can wash hair on all hot and hold hand under hot water at kitchen sink. Kitchen sink is close to the unit. Have to boil a kettle for wash up water. How can the temperature be raised please?

Purchased in August 2012.

Suzanna

Suzanna

I have no hot water and can't get a service call.

I have called four times today and had two return calls "to see what I Wanted" and all I want to do is book a service Call! How hard is that?

Purchased in November 2013.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Suzanna. We would like to confirm that a service call has been booked and a technician will be in attendance today to resolve this matter for you.

Thanks,

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Very happy with our Unit, would definitely purchase another!

We purchased ours in 2012 and love our unit. I love being able to adjust the temperature and know my kids and visitors aren't going to get burnt . Great space saver also for the side of our house. We will definitely be looking to purchase another when we move into our new home next month.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
mechanic

mechanicabermain

i wish i would have purchased a rinnai infinity years before i did.

I purchased a rinnai infinity 26 lpg 60 (6) years ago it is and has been the best (in all respects) hot water system I have ever owned and I have owned a lot over (50) years.
I expect it will not last forever but there is not much that does.
It fired up perfectly the first time it was turned on and has been used a lot in (6) years and keeps on keeping on.
Cheap to run.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

We are pleased to hear that your infinity hot water unit is continuously exceeding your expectations. At Rinnai we pride ourselves in producing quality products and we thank you for your review Mechanic.

JennSydney

this happened to me too!

Finally got a service person to visit and the fan unit is faulty and has to be replaced. Is yours the brand new design with the dark grey contrast sides? Mine is. Service person says a few of these hard a faulty fan unit. Hopefully the replacement with fix it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Jenn. Please contact customer service on 1300 555 545 option 2 if you require any further assistance.

Jenn

Some days takes forever to warm up and doesn't get as hot as our pre-existing electric hotwater syst

Seems to always use excess water to warm up and never seems to stay at a constant temperature when on a lower flow rate. Often during a shower water seems to go completely cold and only way to set to a desired temperature again is to turn shower water off and then resetting the water flow of both hot and cold water, very annoying.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review ynoT. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with your hot water system. Please contact our free technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for assistance.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Whistling Dixie

We bought rinnai infinity 26 ... everytime we use the hot water after turn the tap off, the unit whistler for 30 seconds ... very strange ! Never had this with my previous unit is. Is this normal because I ring the service people and they say it is the installer, got the installer out no problem with installation ( licences plumber ). We called back to rinnai with the plumber next to me and they couldn’t help us in any way ... is it normal or not ... I bought this unit as it was recommended but whistling Dixie is annoying ... the service team were rude and said $185 call out fee... if deemed installed wrong ... um it is not ... so I need help.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your review Nick. We are sorry to hear of your issues, please forward your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au so we can assist you further.

Angelasked

Infinity 26

Hello, my son spends over 30 minutes in the shower, if I turn off the electricity supply to the gas water, will this stop water heating - cold shower to get don out or do I need to turn off gas. Will this damage the water tank?, Thanks Michelle

RY
RY

No need to turn off the gas it will be cut off internally as soon as the power is disconnected. The same during a power failure.

Jett

Switch off power. This unit has electric start and not ignition by gas with pilot light.

Angel

Thank you for responding, much appreciated Michelle

Duey004

Duey004asked

Infinity 26

Hi there. I have an infinity 26 external hot water system (abt 15 years old), been a great system until recently on start up there is quite loud start-up sound such as a double 'knock' and loud clicking sound.. which I assume is the igniter for the system....but the start-up knocking sound can be heard through the rooms adjacent to the heater. Is this normal cause i have never really noticed it before??

Hi Duey004,

Thanks for the question.

We would recommend booking a service call to determine the cause of the issue. Please contact 1st Care service on 1300 555 545 for further assistance.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia.

suevs

suevsasked

Infinity 26

Our 2 year old Rianni 26 is now only luke warm! we tried using another regulator, and have cleaned the filter and made sure the setting was at the highest, only reading 39 degree

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Suevs, we would recommend booking a service call for the unit as an onsite diagnosis will be required.

You can book online here:

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives