Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Andy

AndyVictoria

Fantastic unit

Our unit has been running flawlessly for the past 5 years. I installed controllers next to our showers + kitchen and the kids love having easy control of their shower temp. Energy efficient - Gas bill is nice and low - although installation was high (thick copper gas pipes).

Temperature fluctuation is minor when say the washing machine and/or dishwasher kicks in while you're showering, but it's still warm enough and it very rarely happens. On the flip side, you don't run out of hot water (except during a power outage)!

In all, no regrets and would install again.

Purchased in September 2014 at GStore.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

CH1

CH1Melbourne

So far, so good

We just had this system installed to replace a gas storage system. It's working great so far: very hot water, on demand. The water stays nice and hot; you can set it higher than the recommended temperature at installation (45C I think?), and I thought I'd need to, but it's been hot enough for me -- even in the room furthest away. We don't have high demand (2 people) or run the unit for long (water-saving mentality!). Can't wait to get my next gas bill to see how much we're saving.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review CH1, there is a limit of 50 degrees for hot water deliver in bathroom areas which is a lot hotter than people realise. We are glad to hear the unit is working well for you.

excellent highly recommended

I bought an enviro 26 in 2010 and it has run like a clock ever since. Rinnai gave me and extra 10 years warranty on the heat exchanger when i bought a second temperature controller. Rinnai gave me $150 cashback after purchase. I am extremely happy with my Rinnai and would happily buy same again. I am about to buy another enviro 26 for my father - to replace his electric system that is junk and just costs $$$ to boil water all day. Many thanks Rinnai - top quality Japanese hot water systems :)

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Donaldo, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you.

Donaldo
Donaldo

Welkom!! It's a great product

No lifespan, dead after 3.5 years, good luck to those who have just installed on, tick tick...

Seems nothing lasts like it used to. The old instant gas hot water system lasted 25+ years! the new energy efficient rinnai enviro 26 is 0.5 years out of warranty (3.5 years total) and is dead. The plumber says the junk yard is full of these units, just install another one and start saving to replace it in 3-4 years... otherwise work well for the past 3.5 years.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review Brett. It is very unusual for an Enviro unit to fail after this time period. We would welcome the opportunity to look into this matter further for you.

raynMelbourne

Lukewarm

We have a single story in Melbourne. I have to have showers with hot water only because it's just hot enough most of the time. Sometimes it's lukewarm and too cold for a shower. Rubbish. Someone else mentioned that theirs stops producing hot water when it rains. That might be the same for us.
Small.
Water isn't hot enough.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the follow up Rayn, the tempering valve should allow the water at the nearest bathroom tap reach 50 degrees if adjusted correctly, but regardless of the temperature coming from the INFINITY it will be reduced by the tempering valve.

gchen18

gchen18Brisbane

Good Unit.

We install it with 2 remote controllers, set to 40 degree on shower and 50 degree on kitchen. Kids don't need to turn on cold water to adjust temperature, and don't need to worry hot water temperature issue. Recommend install it with remote controller, it will save your water and gas bill.
Energy efficient.

PeterMelbourne

Awesome on tank water!!!

Peter

2 years on and so far no irregularities. :-)

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the update Peter, we are very glad to hear you are still happy with the unit. We wish you many more years of untroubled usage.

BreamoSydney

Early days but so far so good

Breamo

3 years on still going strong. Not once did it cut out or anything like that. Temp is consistent so fingers crossed! We had a storage gas tank at our old place and this instant gas consumed half the gas of our old unit... top marks!!!

Good Unit but has vulnerabilities

jackster

jacksterAU

Love it!

Ashasked

if I buy the enviro 26 can I then expand / add a rinnai solar system when I can afford to do so?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ash. The Enviro 26 is not adaptable for solar requirements as this unit will only reach a maximum temperature of 60 degrees and solar systems requires temperature range of 70 degrees. We recommend purchasing a Solar booster S26, which is specifically manufactured for solar connection and compatability. This unit can be added to when required.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Ash

so will the s 26 work independently / can i add the solar components later?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ash. Yes, that is correct, the S26 will work independently until such time you wish to connect to solar collectors.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Andrew

Andrewasked

Hi,
We have a rinnai infinity 26 (not exactly sure which model). I have no idea why but every time it rains the unit will not run. It starts, runs for 10-15 secs , clicks and clunks then switches off. There is no issue with the power source ,as been checked, and no rain water leaks as it has a rain cover over it and no evidence of water leaking in etc. Please advise, very frustrating

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Andrew. If the gas supply is reticulated as in mains supply, I would suggest having the gas meter and regulator checked, for the possibility of rain water entering the bleed vent on the regulator and reducing the gas supply when heater is operating.

This can also happen on gas bottle installations if the water enters the two stage regulator at the bottles.

Melasked

Hi, We had an Infinity 26 Enviro installed four days ago. The first day everything worked just great. Since then, the water runs cold after 30 - 60 seconds continuous operation (trying to have a shower). If the hot tap is turned off, then back on, it is all good for the next minute or less. This process is very annoying to say the least, especially when I paid over and above for highly recommended equipment. Any answers to solve this problem?

Trevor
Trevor

Hi Mel, i can only presume it is low water flow, we ended up getting a temperature controller so when we have a shower we drop the temp to 45 so no cold is needed and then back to 55 to wash dishes, if we go to 60 the hot water system starts playing up

Trudy
Trudy

Not sure how you are running it. We have a Rinnai 26 plus unit. Put it on the temperature we want .For me 41 degrees, no cold water and it works fine. Stays hot for the shower.

Mel

Hi all, a quick update.... I spoke to the Rinnai help desk guy and he was great. Problem solved. The issue was that the black cap which covers the condensate drainage point had been left on after installation. Consequently, the unit will cut out when the drain backs up to a certain point. So I removed the cap as directed and instantly the issue is solved. Thanks Mr Rinnai...

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water Systems