Rinnai Infinity 26 Touch

Rinnai Infinity 26 Touch

MPN: INF26TL60M

Works great..until it doesn’t. No service from Rinnai

2 months before end of warranty our water heater dies. No shower, no washing, nothing. Still cannot get Rinnai to answer a phone. Plumber says it has corroded. Outdoor unit dead after Andre 3 years.Buying BOSCH next time.

Purchased in July 2016 for $3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Rinnai Touch C1 fault

So on Sat night for no reason the unit stopped working. Kept giving a C1 fault code which is not even listed in the Rinnai install manual or troubleshooting guide. Called Rinnai and operator was clueless. Took all my details at 8am Monday, but when I called back at 4.30pm Monday they hadn’t even logged the job and sent it to a plumber ffs. I found details of the C1 fault on this site and ended up fixing it myself. Remote control needed calibration wth. Fix your install and fault finding manual Rinnai and fix your service. Hopeless.

Purchased in October 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Thanks for the review Mattk, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced in booking a service call with our 1st Care Department. We will pass on your feedback to our management team,

Infinite hot water on demand, saves energy, lowers cost

I am blown away by how darn efficient these Rinnai Touch natural gas units are.. our old electric storage units had all but died, delivering little, whilst chewing though endless kWh of expensive electricity.. i wondered if instant gas could deliver, but am absolutely thrilled at the outcome.. I turn the hot tap on and enjoyed long showers of steady and hot flow, my wife filled the spa bath with steaming hot water for the first time in years, amazing performance from such a compact water heater.. and we now only pay for the gas used whilst the hot tap is turned on. No more wated electricity reheating a tank full of 400 litres water storage unit, only to find temperature dropping half way through the first shower. I highly recommend these Rinnai Touch 26 units, easy to install, easy to use wireless remote control from anywhere around the house, allowing us to bump up the temperature for the kitchen, or lower it as desired for showers etc.. perfect.. Well Done Rinnai, thank you for a great, efficient, compact product, that works every bit if not better and easier than your promo claims.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thanks for the review Steve, we are happy to hear the changeover to an Infinity has proved such an improvement in the delivery of hot water to your family. We wish you many more hot water years ahead.

Endless shower, kids friendly and easy to use but expect additional cost

We had our plumber ordered and installed a Touch 26 three months ago and overall we are very happy.

The best thing is that you never worry about running out of hot water again. This makes showering or bathing a more relaxed experence.

If you preset your temperature and then use only hot water, the water temperature is very stable with no fluctuation. This is really great, esp. when you need to help a child to set the right shower temperature.

Touch 26 has one remote control. I bought another remote control online and set it up myself quite easily. I found the remote controls very well designed and very easy to operate. Having 2 remote controls extends your warranty. They are not cheap so shop around.

We did have to replace the gas pipe from the gas metre to the Rinnai system with a bigger diameter pipe and it costs some additional. If you want to install wired controllers in an existing home, it again could cost more.

Some points of possible interests:

- Remote control works extremely well with our double brick, double storey house;
- Preset temperature is fantastic with no fluctuation, but there are some pressure and temperature issues here: 1, when you use hot water only, water pressure becomes lower and you do not have a shower as good as you could. If you set remote to higher temperature and then add cold water, your shower has more pressure. 2, Even if you don't mind the water pressure, you still could have a temperature issue. e.g. you may like to start a shower at 39-40 degrees but end it at around 42-43 degrees. With bath, after you are in the bath for sometime, water temperature could dropand and you would tend to add water with much higher temperature than the original water temperature to balance up. I conclude that for easiest and safest, just set fixed temperature; for best pressure and water flow, set highest temperature possible and add cold water; and if you prefer long shower or bath, set the temperature 2-4 degrees above the initial temperature and edge up later on.
- I did not find the hot water takes longer to come than our old gas tank.
- unlike gas tank, Infinity uses electricity to ignite as long as hot tap is on. I don't know how much energy it will use, but I think it worthwhile to change our habit a bit: Just use cold water if you just need water very briefly. That way the heater does not ignite.
- we have 4 people with two bathroom and we find Touch 26 with adequate capacity. However the pressures and water flow become lower when multiple uses are on esp. when only hot water tap is on.

Overall a good experience. It's not cheap, but if it is anything nearly as durable as my old Rinnai gas room heater, I would be more than happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Thanks for the detailed review Garry. You should find the INFINITY will only use a small amount of electricity to run, around 2 watts while in standby (with 1 controller) and 59 watts while in use. Great tips for those not familiar with the continuous flow type of hot water unit.Thanks for your feedback. Are 2 or 59 watts the usage in a year or a month? Thanks,

Great system, way ahead of everything else

Rinnai may as well get rid of most of the rest of their range and just sell the 26 Touch as far as I can see. Setting the temp to eg 42deg on the wireless remote for a shower and just turning on the hot tap only, and getting the perfect temperature every time (but still simple to raise or lower a degree or 2 for different people) is fantastic. So much easier than juggling the cold tap to get the right temperate. And it means you can easily run 2 or 3 showers at once with no problems; and someone turning on the hot or cold tap in the kitchen at the same time as a shower is not an issue. Rinnai website kept suggesting an Infinity 32 for 3 bathroom 4 bedroom house; so lucky Australian Hot Water Inner West explained why the 26 Touch was so much better and a bit cheaper too. New generation technology that is streets ahead.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Thanks for the review JT67, it's always great to hear when a customer is happy with our products. The addition of controllers does make the running of the unit so easy to get just the right temperature straight away. We wish you many more years of trouble free use.

excellent product rinnai

Installed a Rinnai 26 wireless touch about 12 months ago at home , i am a plumber and have installed a few Rinnai hot water units .They are a great unit and very energy efficient, recommend to all people looking to upgrade,look into a Rinnai touch. Thanks Rinnai Australia for a great product and excellent service and support 5 stars .

Thanks for your review Shane, we are glad to hear how happy you are with your new INFINTY 26 touch.

Pipe Sizing

Rinnai Infinity installations in Sydney.Quality work with a lifetime guarantee.Remember the more controllers,the more warranty.Pipe sizing alterations and additions.All general plumbing maintenance.

Replaced dodgy out of warranty Dux system with a Rinnai

Replaced dodgy out of warranty Dux system with a Rinnai. Works like a dream. Couldn't be happier with the quality and service. I have huge gas pipes, so I am not experiencing problems like others are having with smaller gas pipes.

Great

Finally somebody gets it about the pipes I have been trying to tell people for ages do your home work before purchase and it will not go cold and hot Having the correct pipes put in they work a charm no problems good pressure, great product, easy to look after

Amazing!!

I have had my Rinnai 26 touch system in for a few months and couldn't be happier. I have installed 2 controllers and love the control I have over the temperature. Everyone has a different preference and then there's the filling of the bath for the kids which can be kept low and prevent scolding.
When installed everything was pre-set to 50c however, the controller in the kitchen can be over-ridden with ease by pressing the transfer and the on/off buttons at the same time. This allows the top temp of 60c to come through for dishes. The bathroom is still restricted to 50c both via the controller and temping valves installed externally for safety.
We have not experienced any problems with temperature consistency.

A big thing to remember is to ensure the HWS is installed with the correct gas pipes...most systems have a 1/2" pipe which is not enough if you are upgrading. This could reduce effectiveness as the gas pressure struggles to keep up. Make sure your plumber is switched on, alternatively, I organised my installation through the amazing staff at Rinnai. Fanastic service.
With such great efficiency I couldn't be happier with the results.

Our water is running much colder than our controller is saying. It is set at 45 but our water temperature is probably about 25. We are currently renovating so builders are turning electricity off and on everyday and have also turned water off and on. I have tried turning the machine off and on plus the controller but it hasn't fixed it. Any ideas?
Thanks for the question Susie, we have a technical help line that may be able to troubleshoot with you. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 option 3.

I had a power outage but all good now but my wireless remote controller is not picking up signal from transmitter and therefore I have no hot water. I have a Rinnai Infinity 26 touch any ideas?
Thanks for the question Margaret, we have a technical help desk who can help you to reset your controller. They are available on 1300 555 545 option 3 for technical help desk.

I’ve just had the unit installed. It tested fine with the extension cord. After the electrician installed the power point outside and turn it back on the remote reads -0 and won’t sync to the unit. I haven’t even had a chance to have a shower. I hope this doesn’t happen every tine we have a power outage. Please help!
Hi Karen, This is very much a warranty issue. They need to come back and fix it up for you ASAP. Regards, SteC

Infinity 26 Touch