Rinnai Infinity 26

145 questions from our users

suevs

suevsasked

Infinity 26

Our 2 year old Rianni 26 is now only luke warm! we tried using another regulator, and have cleaned the filter and made sure the setting was at the highest, only reading 39 degree

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Suevs, we would recommend booking a service call for the unit as an onsite diagnosis will be required.

You can book online here:

Christy

Christyasked

Hi there
I had replaced the hot water system from storage tank to Rinnal B 26 .
The license plumber has been change the old gas pipe to new 3/4 pipe .
I am happy with the results but it is for one tape only ,if I have two tape on both at the same time I just get cold water on both tape .
The plumber told me it is normal and just use one tape .
Is that true ?
Regards

Hi Christy,
Thanks for the question. There maybe low gas pressure as you should be able to run 2 taps. Please contact the technical helpdesk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.

eddy c.

eddy c.asked

Infinity 26

Hi! Where can I buy the Rinnai infinity pressure release valve? Thank you!

Hi Eddy c.,

Thank you for reaching out.

Parts can be purchased from your local plumbing store, like Reece Plumbing.

Craige

Craigeasked

Infinity 26

Hi our system is giving us lukewarm water and not getting hot, water pressure is fine gas pressure seems fine, the system is just over a year old, not sure on the problem
Craig

Hi Craige,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 to assist with answering this one due to unknown variables.

Teresa

Teresaasked

Hi
I purchased an Infinity 26 REU-VRM2626WG-AK (2018). Can this unit be recessed?

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for your question.
We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 to assist with answering this one due to specifications that may be required.

Rob

Robasked

Infinity 26

My Rinnai infinity makes loud pops for a few seconds when turning on the tap. Does anyone know ow how to stop it from doing that.

Hi Rob,

The unit will make a sound when the unit ignites but loud pops does not sound like correct operation for the unit so we would recommend booking a service call to inspect the unit.

You can book here:

Rob O

Rob Oasked

Infinity 26

We have an Infinity 26. Over the past week or two it has started to make a knocking sound, usually in the evening. This is not a water hammer, and no other water is being used in the house. I can stop the noise by turning off the GAS tap, and turning it on again causes the sound to start. It is 'cured' by opening a hot tap, allowing the unit to run briefly, and then closing hot tap.

Because it's the gas tap that solves the problem, I'm concerned that this is a symptom of some kind of gas leak and don't want to take any chances with safety.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Rob O, thanks for the enquiry. unfortunatly without attending site there is no way of being able to resolve this issue as the problem cannot be identified without inspection. We would recommend either booking a service call or a local plumber to inspect.

Gina

Ginaasked

Infinity 26

Help me. I have tried calling your help line and can't get thru. No hot water. New hot water system. I have just had a baby. Please help me!!

Hi Gina,

We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Stephen English

Stephen Englishasked

Infinity 26

There seem to be an awful lot of answers that say call the Technical Help Desk. Why not give the Technical Help Desk access to this Q&A page?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Stephen English, a majority of queries require more information to provide a correct and safe response to be given. These cases can be rather complex to explain online; and are best dealt with on other mediums in greater detail. Rinnai Australia strive to provide accurate and timely online technical advice, in some instances, if the post is outdated this may not provide customers with the most current information.

Our technical presence on Product Review is to facilitate communications, our specialists can be contacted on our Rinnai channels of enquiry through our website www.rinnai.com.au and direct contact enquiry@rinnai.com.au.

Fabioasked

Infinity 26

Hi, how can I switch ON and OFF my Rinnai heater without the use of the remote control? I want to embed it into my domotics infrastructure.

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

wow. I'm in Italy...

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Fabio, this is an Australian website monitored by Rinnai Australia, you may like to contact Rinnai Italy for more advise about their local products:

Vicki

Vickiasked

Infinity 26

Hi, we have just had a B26 compliant to 50.( I wish I had been told of various temperatures) I need to know if we can change the temperature, even if there is a new internal a plumber could fit. I have a straight hot shower with no added cold water & I now need to boil the kettle for hot enough water to do dishes. My old gravity fed was better. Please help.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Vicki, due to government compliance a unit which is factory set to 50 degrees cannot be adjusted.

You can tell if this is the case with your unit but checking the model number on the data plate on the left hand side of the unit. The model number begins with REU and if the end of the number has (50), the unit cannot be increased.

As part of the installation of the unit, the plumber can make a slight adjustment to the unit to make sure the temperature at the bathroom outlet is a true 50 degrees.

We have a technical help desk that can provide more information and they are available on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Tyla S.

Tyla S.asked

Hi there,
I had a b26 yesterday having an issue
The b26 was lighting at first working normally then 30 minutes later water still passing through the hot outlet but not heating up but I can hear the hws trying to light

Plumber said
gas pressure is fine
Water pressure would be high as there wasn’t a limiter on the meter
And power is fine

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Tyla S, if water and gas have been checked a service call will be required to diagnose the issue with the unit. You can book online here:

Adam P.asked

Infinity 26

We've had an Infinity 26 for almost 15 years now and suddenly, yesterday, one of our two showers hot water tap doesn't engage the system when we turn the hot water tap on. All other hot water taps work fine.
Any assistance would be welcome.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Adam P, thanks for the question. If only 1 outlet is failing to produce hot water it would indicate there is a plumbing issue with that outlet as the unit is producing hot water.

You can check if there are any blockages in the shower head restricting the water coming through and if not we would recommend having a plumber inspect.

Adam P.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ursula

Ursulaasked

Infinity 26

my problem is the gas ignites for about 10 seconds . The water starts to warm up but then goes cold. What is the cause ?

Hi Ursula,

Thank you for the question.

We would recommend contacting our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they may be able to troubleshoot with you.

Damian H.
Damian H.

I have the same issue. The system starts up then stops after 10-15 secs please contact me

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Damian H, thanks for your enquiry, if you can send a private message through to us we will have a team member contact you to discuss. Alternatively you can call the technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3.

max p.

max p.asked

Infinity 26

I hear running water from my Rinnai all theought thw day ..is this leaking water ?

Hi Max P,

Thanks for the question, If no taps are turned on there quite possibly could be a leak, unless the unit is solar and the pump is running or frost valves leaking.

We would recommend a service call to find out more detail. Please contact us on 1300 555 545 for a service booking or alternatively you may book online following the link provided https://www.rinnai.com.au/support-resources/online-service-booking/.

Pippi

Pippiasked

Infinity 26

Our Rinnai 26A which was installed in December 2019 is making noises even when the water has not been turned on. I notice it in the middle of the night. Any ideas why?

Hi Pippi,

Thank you for your question.

We would recommend calling our experienced Technical Help desk team on 1300 555 454, option 3 and they can troubleshoot with you. If they cant assist, they can book a service call out if that is required.

Marion M.asked

Infinity 26

I have a B26 and it makes short (+ 5 second) noises all day and night. Any idea what the problem is? Is it pressure dropping?

Hi Marion M,

We would suggest you contact our Technical Help department on 1300 555 454 option 3 and they may be able to troubleshoot with you.

Mine (Infinity 26) has been doing it for months
Cost me over $300 so far
Plumbers have no idea

Marion M.

Hi bob. I got a plumber out and turned out it was actually my toilet which had a leak. I thought it was the boiler as they are close together.

Skot

Skotasked

Hi
Ignition on the unit is intermittent, sometimes it lights up , sometimes not. Removing the gas line-in and reconnecting it straight away is the only solution at the moment. Air lock , perhaps?

Hi Skot,

Thank you for your question.

We would suggest you contact our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for assistance.

Ken

Kenasked

Infinity 26

I have a power outage and want to relight the flue. Is this possible?

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the question.

The infinity has an electronic ignition. Our technical help desk can assist and troubleshoot with you over the phone to resolve this matter. Please call on 1300 555 545 for assistance.

Maureen Sasked

Infinity 26

Our unit is approx 14 years old and we are now having trouble adjusting the temperature. It won't let me set it below 37 degrees and if you turn on the cold water up to about half way the hot water goes off and you have to turn off the cold water and wait for the water to heat again. Very frustrating. Wouldn't be so bad if it was winter but at the moment we don't want really hot showers.

Hi Maureen S,

Thanks for the question. The issue may be related to elevated incoming water temperatures, may we suggest reducing the temperature to 42/40 degrees and test if this is successful. If the issue continues please contact our technical help desk on 1300 555 545 for further assistance.

Maureen S

Thanks for the quick response. I have dropped the temperature to 37 degrees but that hasn't helped. I can't get it to go any lower, should it go below this?

Hi Maureen S,

Thanks for the question. As mentioned previously the incoming water temperatures may be elevated considering the current climate. Given the age of the unit, it may require a service call as the water sensors and filter may need to be replaced.

Please forward your contact details by private message and we can have a technical help desk representative contact you directly or alternatively contact the technical help desk on 1300 555 545 for further assistance.

See all Rinnai Infinity Range questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives