Rinnai Infinity Range

330 questions from our users

Vince

Vinceasked

Infinity 26

Hi I currently have a inifinity 24 model do I need to change the pipes to install a infinity 26 model

Rinnai A.Rinnai

If you have previously experienced no issues with water flow or fluctuating temperatures the upgrade to the Infinity 26 can be adapted to the current pipework.

Garry

Garryasked

Infinity 16

Hi our Rinnai 16 is not firing up. The ignition does not seem to be kicking in. There is gas going to the system as I can smell it when it tries to ignite. I have checked the electric and the plug is ok
Thanks Garry

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Garry, if there is gas and power to the unit you may need to book a service call to diagnose the issue. You can book via our website here:
or contact us at 1300 555 545 option 2

Vyara

Vyaraasked

Infinity 26

We have just had a new infinty 26 installed and the water goes cold in the hand basin, and in the kitchen.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Vyara, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Bob

Bobasked

I have water dripping from my rinnai 20 heater what can I do please

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Bob, if the water is coming directly from the unit and not the connections leading to it, there may be an issue with the heat exchanger. We would recommend booking a service call to have the unit assessed. In the meantime, if you can, isolate the water supply to the unit to prevent further damage,

Peter D.

Peter D.asked

Infinity Range

Hi, do you guys know if Rinnai is going out of business? I can't get any response from them on warranty (always the first department to close?)

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Peter D, our contact centre is open from 8.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday on 1300 555 545, you can also reach us from the Rinnai Australia website https://www.rinnai.com.au/contact-us/

We have sent a private message to you so we can investigate this matter for you.

CMF

CMFasked

Infinity 20

Hi, I am going away for 1 month. Will hot water unit be ok if I turn off water mains but leave electricity and gas on.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question CMF, turning off the water to the unit will be fine as long as the power to the unit is still operational so the frost protection to the unit will still work.

Peter P.

Peter P.asked

Infinity 26

what temperature dose cold inlet water have to be to achieve 26 litres a minute thanks peter

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Peter P, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Manaaki

Manaakiasked

Infinity 24

I can hear the unit igniting or starting then suddenly stops. It heats the water for a second then switches off instantly. I try again and it always starts but doesn’t stay on. It’s as if there is either no gas going in for it to burn-which it has a full tank or the ignition to heat the water cuts out. I have tried many of the troubleshooting tips but none has worked. Does anyone know what Else I can try before I need to call a plumber. Thank you

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Manaaki, have you spoken to the Rinnai technical team? They may be able to troubleshoot with you over the phone and can refer you to book a service call if required. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Belle

Belleasked

Infinity 26

The water cycles from hot to cold to hot again and continues in this fashion, it’s very unpleasant showering as a result.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Belle, water fluctuation usually occurs when too much cold water is added to the shower reducing the water flow from the unit. This can be resolved with a water controller where you can specify the temperature you wish to maintain. Alternatively try turning the hot water on first and slowly adding in cold water to retain the correct flow.

Our technical help desk can help you further on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Pauline T.

Pauline T.asked

Infinity 26

Hi, I have an Infinity 26 with two internal controllers. Recently the control panels have started to blink on and off, and the temperature for hot water and bath fill both default to 40 and can only be raised up higher by persistent button pushing, but then they drop back to 40. I have turned off power to the controller for a few minutes, hoping that would reset it, but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Pauline, we would recommend contacting our technical help desk who can run some troubleshooting over the phone to try to resolve the matter. Otherwise a service call may be required. They can be contacted on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Meg

Megasked

Infinity 26

Hi my rianni 26 , blowing fuses , so no hot water..
Please help

Hi Meg,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Annie

Annieasked

Infinity 24

I bought a new controller for my Infinity 24. It is the BC 100 V deluxe controller. Unfortunately the Infinity 24 is not listed as a compatible system for this controller and it's not working. I plugged it in where the old controller went, and though the lights are on I can't control temperature using the new device. The small kitchen panel still works though. Is there a different controller that would be compatible?

Hi Annie,

Any heaters manufactured prior to January 2004 are not compatible with Deluxe Controllers due to the power consumption required by the advanced technology, which is why the lights display, but not any of the functions. While the MC601Q does not have the features of the Deluxe Controller, the technology is compatible with the Infinity 24.

Ross H

Ross Hasked

Infinity 16

Hi my rinnai b16 gas water heater is very loudat start up when someone turns a hot water tap on is this normal

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Ross H, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Pete

Peteasked

Infinity 24

Mine is about 17 years old and is now not maintaining temp (hot to warm and back again). I have cleaned the inlet water filter and removed the water re-stricter from my shower head, which worked fine until recently and when removed made no difference. I have also listened to the gas flow during operation and no fluctuation noticed. We also have a temp controller in the bathroom. Wondering if it hot water unit needs replacing. Any idea what is going on? If I need to, do you recommended replacement model?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Pete, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

John

Johnasked

Infinity 32

How can I adjust the heat upwards on my Rinnai Infinity 32.
The unit is about 10 years old and working well.
Cheers
John

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question John, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Mark N.

Mark N.asked

Infinity 26 Touch

How do you reconnect the remote on a 26 touch?
House was empty for 3 months and remote seems to be no longer paired to the unit. Just has eithe 0 or 1 on the remote screen.
Comes up with C1 on the unit for just a brief period when you switch it on at the powerpoint

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Mark N, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Jennie S.

Jennie S.asked

Infinity 20

How to light pilot lifht

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Jennie S, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3.

AJ W

AJ Wasked

Infinity 24

My Rinnai infinity 24 gas water heater wont work on cold mornings Once it starts to warm up it goes fine

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question AJ W, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

ken

kenasked

Infinity 26

I have Infinity 26 and just had the plumber around to put a new mixer tap on bath and shower and since then the temp is up and down. 3 controllers inside. Doing up shower so havent demaned any water thru the shower or bath fitting yet. Could it be air blockage causing trouble. Seems ok temperature via the basins

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the question Ken, We recommend the shower mixer to be turned off. Please contact our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 for further assistance.

Rinnai Australia.

Enzo

Enzoasked

Infinity 32

Can I increase my rennai 32 as its 50 degree fixed?
How do I do this?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Enzo, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives