Rinnai Infinity Range

415 questions from our users

SomeGuy

SomeGuyasked

Infinity 26

Every time we have a power outage, after the power is restored, it's really hard to get hot water working again. I have to play around with the wireless remote control and turn on taps for over 20 minutes before it manages to ignite again.

Once ignited, it works fine until the next power outage... What causes it to be so hard to start again?

chuck h.

Had identical problem ! I guess the transceiver trips out and needs to be reset. You really don't need the remote at all. Just disconnect the transceiver cable at the quick connect (where the wire from the unit connects to the cable from the transceiver). The unit defaults to 50 degC and is hot enough and what's more still works after any power outage, almost instantaneously!

Hi SomeGuy,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

Claude Dasked

Infinity 24

Our infinity 24 keeps cutting out and switching on while showering. What would be causing this?

chuck h.

Claude, it was my experience with the Touch model that if you had a power outage or surge that the system stopped also. When I disconnected the lead to the transceiver everything was OK. I don't need to play with the remote as a the default 50 degC factory setting is good for us.
Ring the Rinnai service area early if tour unit is still under warranty. Does seem to be electrical switching but I'm not a plumber or sparkie.
I've also found that you need to run a steady volume of water when ON so if you play with the hot/cold levers it can cause the system to jump and you have to wait till it readjusts.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Claude D thank you for your question. There can be a number of reasons for the unit cutting out, the most typical relates to water flow through the unit. We would recommend speaking to our free help desk who can troubleshoot with you. They are available on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Thanks for your reply

Claude Dasked

Infinity 24

Our Infinity 24 keeps cutting out and switching on while having a shower. What would be causing this?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Claude D, we have responded on your previous post.

Joe

Joeasked

Infinity 26

The plumber just fitted a rinnai 26B 50° The water comes out at 40° Can you tell me this is normal The plumber press couple of buttons inside of the machine to the settings 5 F and the temperature still same Just warm no hot

chuck h.

Perhaps your hot water pipes are not insulated and you are getting heat loss through the surfaces. There will always be a heat loss in any system although 10 degC (25% ) is a lot!
Ring Rinnai service.
PS what do you mean by 5 F ? and how did you measure the temperature?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Joe, it sounds like the plumber has tried to make adjustments to the unit to combat the heat loss which can be done with the 50 degree models. He should be testing the temperature at the first bathroom to ensure you are getting true 50 degrees at the tap.

You can call our technical help desk who may be able to offer some advice, they are available on 1300 555 545 option 3,

David

Davidasked

Infinity 24

I have a rinnai infinity 24 model Reu-2424w-a with remote control units which I understand require the electricity to power then

When there is a house electricity power outage the gas hot water does not work

I would like to disconnect the control unit and just have a simple gas hot water unit with no remote controls so that the hot water will continue working when there is a power outage

Is this possible?
How do I do this?

I did read in the manual that it is just a matter of changing some dip switches to disable the remote controls is this correct?

Hi David,

We would recommend contacting our Technical Help Desk on 1300 555 545 (option 3) to discuss the operations for the Infinity 24.

Thanks,

Teh K.

Teh K.asked

Infinity 16

what's the capacity of the water ?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Teh K, we would recommend contacting our technical help desk to further clarify the information you are seeking regarding the Infinity 16/ They can be reached on 1300 555 545, option 3.

Russell

Russellasked

Infinity 24

Sydney water changed an external pipe today and now can’t get hot water, warmer than cold but not hot, left running for ages and the gas is heating etc any ideas?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Russell, it may be that the turning off of the water has created an issue with the supply. Our technical help desk can run through some troubleshooting with you and can be contacted on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Luke

Lukeasked

Infinity 26 SmartStart

Does anyone know if a Rinnai smart start can be connected to a Thermann 26

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Luke, thanks for the question, the Rinnai smartStart is designed to work in conjunction with the Rinnai range of hot water units. They are not tested or recommended for use with other brands,

Scott H.

Scott H.asked

Infinity 32 Enviro

Hi there, is it normal for steam and water condensate to be vented from the vent in the upper front section.. when we operate the system.. water drips down the front of the unit from the vent..
Please advise

Hi Scott H,

Thank you for the question.

Please contact our Technical help team on 1300 555 545, Option 3 and they can assist your further to advise if a service call is required.

Sean S.

Sean S.asked

Infinity 20

When do you know when it is on

Nbee
Nbee

I now have to just use it without temperature control so adjust the water so it’s not boiling until we get a new one

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Sean, thanks for the question. The Infinity hot water units will switch on as soon as you open a hot water outlet. The power, gas and water must all be on for this to occur.

If you are having issues, we have a technical help desk available on 1300 555 545 option 3 who may be able to assist.

Ikg80

Ikg80asked

Infinity 26

I have just moved in ,have continuous flow gas hot water, run water for ages & no hot water, power is switched on, what is the problem?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ikg80, thanks for the question. There can be a number of reasons the unit is not producing hot water. We would recommend checking the power point is working by plugging in another appliance and checking that both the water and gas supply to the unit are switched on.

We have a technical help desk that can help on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Luca

Lucaasked

Infinity 26 Enviro

There’s something wrong with my fuse box and the hot water system isn’t working. Usually when this happens cold water will run if you turn the hot tap on but now no water runs when I try and turn the hot tap on? Is that common for the enviro model?

Hi Luca,

Thank you for contacting Rinnai.

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 and they can assist your further.

Paul V.

Paul V.asked

Infinity 26

My system has started making a high pitched sound at night
It’s not superloud but appears loud at night
And is annoying
Is this a problem that is common

Hi Paul V,

We would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue with the unit as this is not normal operation.

You can books online on the Rinnai Australia website here:

Steve L.

Steve L.asked

Rinnai 16 infinity is only delivering water at 30 degrees

Hi Steve L,

Please contact our Technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 and they may be able to assist, alternatively, If a service call is required they can help organise this also.

Rinnai Australia.

Guner

Gunerasked

Infinity 24

Our rinnai infinity 24 gas hot water goes cold then hot then cold we wait nearly 15 mins to see if it’s going to heat but no what do you think the problem is

Jett

Your gas pipe needs updating. Its not large enough to handle instantaneous flow. I mentioned that in my post.
Rinnai should have this stated on their website. They don't because it would deter sales. Its not as simple as just changing over. Get a LPG unit. Would save you monthly gas service charges if you only use it for hot water.

Hi Guner,
Thanks for the question, there are a number of reasons for the symptoms you have stated. Our technical team can troubleshoot over the phone on 1300 555 545 option 3. They will need the model and serial number of the unit which can be found on the data plate on the left hand side of the unit.

Thanhasked

Infinity 26

How to fix a big noise when turn off a miser. I just installed a Rinnai infinity 26 hot water unit about 5 weeks ago.

What is miser ?

Jett

You are probably talking about mixer , correct me if I am wrong. This is the same issue I am experiencing. It is a manufacturer fault and you can return the unit. Rinnai have not address this due to cost. They only deal with complaints. The noise especially during lockdown is unbearable. I have now switched to electric hot water, MicroHeat 3 phase. I have both installed. The noise from Rinnai is unbearable.

Hi Jett,

Mixer is a basin mixer tap (It is like a basin water tap). Sorry, I was describing a basin water tap unclear.
I just installed a Rinnai infinity 26 hot water unit about 5 weeks ago then when using it, I turned on a basin mixer tap was good but turned it off the noise was coming from outside of the wall. Do you know what wrong is it?
Thank you very much for your comments.

From,
Thanh.

Alison K.

Alison K.asked

Infinity 26 Touch

Our remote control has new batteries in it but just showing on the display -0. We have the Rinnai infinity 26. Help!

Hi Alison K,

Thank you for your question.
Please contact our Technical help team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 and they can assist further.

Marija

Marijaasked

Infinity 26

Hi I have a Rinnai Infinity 26 but the tank on the side of the house has been leaking droplets of water 24/7 unless I turn off the water. It’s gotten to the point where there is a puddle of water at the side of the house. What’s causing this and how should I have it fixed? Thank you

Hi Marija,

Thank you for the question.

Please contact our Technical help team on 1300 555 545 option 3 to assist further. If a service call is required they can have someone help you arrange this.

Richard G.

Richard G.asked

Infinity 16

Can you please explain the difference between the infinity and the "B" Series Models? I have a holiday home and wish to have a suitable system. 1 Kitchen, 1 Bathroom, 1 Laundry and possible never operating all hot water/rooms together. Will 1 Remote (MC-91Q-2A) in the kitchen and 1 remote (MC-91Q-2A) in the Bathroom work together?

Hi Richard G,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our technical help team on 1300 555 545, option 3 and they can help you.

Paul d

Paul dasked

Infinity 20

Hi guys have a vibrating noise on my 20 when turning off the hot water tap comes from the unit . Any ideas

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Paul, thanks for the question, there may be a number of causes for the symptoms you are describing and an inspection would be required to isolate the issue.

You can book a service call online here:

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives