Rinnai Infinity Range

393 questions from our users

Angel

Angelasked

Infinity 26

Hello, my son spends over 30 minutes in the shower, if I turn off the electricity supply to the gas water, will this stop water heating - cold shower to get don out or do I need to turn off gas. Will this damage the water tank?, Thanks Michelle

Duey004

Duey004asked

Infinity 26

Hi there. I have an infinity 26 external hot water system (abt 15 years old), been a great system until recently on start up there is quite loud start-up sound such as a double 'knock' and loud clicking sound.. which I assume is the igniter for the system....but the start-up knocking sound can be heard through the rooms adjacent to the heater. Is this normal cause i have never really noticed it before??

Hi Duey004,

Thanks for the question.

We would recommend booking a service call to determine the cause of the issue. Please contact 1st Care service on 1300 555 545 for further assistance.

Rinnai Australia.

Lynndy

Lynndyasked

Infinity Range

We have a Rinnai Infinity 26 that was installed maybe 5 years ago. We called a Rinnai technician a year or two ago but he wasn't sure what was wrong with it and ended up fitting a new part that didn't solve our problem. During the colder months, for the system to produce hot water in the shower, the hot tap in the basin must be turned on and run for a bit first, before the shower tap is turned on. If we don't do that first, no water comes out in the shower from the hot tap. Then we have to go outside and fiddle about for a while turning the system on and off and wait for it to work. It's a real pain and nobody seems to know why this is happening.

Hi Lynndy,

Thanks for reaching out.

We would recommend booking a service call, this can be booked online by following this link:

suevs

suevsasked

Infinity 26

Our 2 year old Rianni 26 is now only luke warm! we tried using another regulator, and have cleaned the filter and made sure the setting was at the highest, only reading 39 degree

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Suevs, we would recommend booking a service call for the unit as an onsite diagnosis will be required.

You can book online here:

yatP

yatPasked

Infinity 32

I have Rinnai infinity 32. In my laundry area which is closer to unit the temperature is ok. However in the kitchen and bathroom the water is not hot at all. So not sure what This unit is doing? Very disappointed with this product.

Hi yatP,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Christy

Christyasked

Hi there
I had replaced the hot water system from storage tank to Rinnal B 26 .
The license plumber has been change the old gas pipe to new 3/4 pipe .
I am happy with the results but it is for one tape only ,if I have two tape on both at the same time I just get cold water on both tape .
The plumber told me it is normal and just use one tape .
Is that true ?
Regards

Hi Christy,
Thanks for the question. There maybe low gas pressure as you should be able to run 2 taps. Please contact the technical helpdesk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for further assistance.
Rinnai Australia.

eddy c.

eddy c.asked

Infinity 26

Hi! Where can I buy the Rinnai infinity pressure release valve? Thank you!

Hi Eddy c.,

Thank you for reaching out.

Parts can be purchased from your local plumbing store, like Reece Plumbing.

Craige

Craigeasked

Infinity 26

Hi our system is giving us lukewarm water and not getting hot, water pressure is fine gas pressure seems fine, the system is just over a year old, not sure on the problem
Craig

Hi Craige,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 to assist with answering this one due to unknown variables.

Teresa

Teresaasked

Hi
I purchased an Infinity 26 REU-VRM2626WG-AK (2018). Can this unit be recessed?

Hi Teresa,

Thank you for your question.
We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 option 3 to assist with answering this one due to specifications that may be required.

Rob

Robasked

Infinity 26

My Rinnai infinity makes loud pops for a few seconds when turning on the tap. Does anyone know ow how to stop it from doing that.

Hi Rob,

The unit will make a sound when the unit ignites but loud pops does not sound like correct operation for the unit so we would recommend booking a service call to inspect the unit.

You can book here:

Mikeho1asked

Infinity 20

What's the difference between the infinity 20 and the b20?

Hi Mikeho1,

Thank you for your question.

The B-series was developed for the builders market and and the Infinity 20 is made for predominantly for the residential market and each offer a different warranty.

Mikeho1

Thanks. So in terms of performance and functionality, is the b20 essentially the same as an infinity 20?

Nick P.asked

Infinity 26 Touch

I had a brand new unit installed today the 11/07/2020 the unit works without the controller when you connect the controller it stops working when you disconnect the controller it works again the remote just shows -0 or -1 and that's all it does. I think the system is a dud

Thank you for your question.
Have you contacted your installer for assistance or alternatively please call our technical help team on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Nick P.

The installer was trying to make it work but it wouldn’t work

Hi Nick P,
I would definitely contact our help desk or the installer can on 1300555545 option 3 and they can talk him through.

Nick P

Nick Pasked

Infinity 26 Touch

Rob O

Rob Oasked

Infinity 26

We have an Infinity 26. Over the past week or two it has started to make a knocking sound, usually in the evening. This is not a water hammer, and no other water is being used in the house. I can stop the noise by turning off the GAS tap, and turning it on again causes the sound to start. It is 'cured' by opening a hot tap, allowing the unit to run briefly, and then closing hot tap.

Because it's the gas tap that solves the problem, I'm concerned that this is a symptom of some kind of gas leak and don't want to take any chances with safety.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Rob O, thanks for the enquiry. unfortunatly without attending site there is no way of being able to resolve this issue as the problem cannot be identified without inspection. We would recommend either booking a service call or a local plumber to inspect.

davidasked

Infinity 16

are you able to control the temperature on the rinnai infinity 16??
And if so how do you do it??

purplethings
purplethings

If I remember right, there was an optional extra you could purchase to adjust the temperature. We didn't get this though and haven't had any issues.

david

However this is not an answer!!!
I hope you are able to do better than this!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi David, you can purchase a temperature controller which are available on all the Infinity range. There are 4 different models available depending on your needs and multiple units can be added onto the system. More information on the models and their specifications can be found on the Rinnai Australia website here:

Once installed you can set the precise temperature the unit will produce.

Gina

Ginaasked

Infinity 26

Help me. I have tried calling your help line and can't get thru. No hot water. New hot water system. I have just had a baby. Please help me!!

Hi Gina,

We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Garry b.asked

Infinity 26 Enviro

Hi
I have an Infinity 26 unit that was installed about 5 years ago. The unit has recently developed a water hammer knock sound when any water tap hot or cold is turned on anywhere in the house. Looking in the unit the sound appears to be coming from the heat exchange pipe work (I think that is what its called).
Can a pipe come loose or is it more serious ?
Thanks for your help
G

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Garry b. thanks for the question, in most cases where there is a water hammer issue it relates to the plumbing to the unit rather than the unit itself. tTe problem is most likely a valve near the hot water unit and sound travelling to heat exchange acting like a resonator.

It may be worthwhile having the unit inspected by a plumber or booking a service call to confirm where the issue lies.

Garry b.

Thanks for the quick response. I will have it inspected.

Stephen English

Stephen Englishasked

Infinity 26

There seem to be an awful lot of answers that say call the Technical Help Desk. Why not give the Technical Help Desk access to this Q&A page?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Stephen English, a majority of queries require more information to provide a correct and safe response to be given. These cases can be rather complex to explain online; and are best dealt with on other mediums in greater detail. Rinnai Australia strive to provide accurate and timely online technical advice, in some instances, if the post is outdated this may not provide customers with the most current information.

Our technical presence on Product Review is to facilitate communications, our specialists can be contacted on our Rinnai channels of enquiry through our website www.rinnai.com.au and direct contact enquiry@rinnai.com.au.

Fabioasked

Infinity 26

Hi, how can I switch ON and OFF my Rinnai heater without the use of the remote control? I want to embed it into my domotics infrastructure.

Hi Fabio,

wow. I'm in Italy...

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Fabio, this is an Australian website monitored by Rinnai Australia, you may like to contact Rinnai Italy for more advise about their local products:

Tonyasked

Infinity 16

We are very happy with our Infinity 16 however just recently the water pressure has halved compared to a week ago. Heat is fine just lacks pressure.

Bill2123
Bill2123

It's probably the pressure from your front tap. I don't like the product always has issues they use poor quality material on it. Not happy. Good luck with your issue.

Tony

It's not the front tap. We run a water tank and thought it was the pump. Same problem even on mains. Cold water pressure is the same as always. It's only the hot water and only in the last week.

first check inline strainer positioned at the cold water inlet for any blockages or foreign matter.

go to your local reticulation supply store you can hire a pressure recording equipment and compare with minimum pressure and flow charts from rinnai.

Also check if the flow reduction is over the complete dwelling or it maybe a case of replacing tap-washers.

if all else fails consult Rinnai technical support for further instructions or a service call by a trained technician to diagnose and fix problem issue.
regards
Peter Kothstein
GF8771

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives