Rinnai Infinity Range

Rinnai Infinity Range (page 2 of 10)

16, 20, 26, 26 (Internal), 26 Enviro and 5 more

iangb

iangbPERTH

Fluctuating temp

I am starting to get temp fluctuating from hot to luke warm.I have removed the water saving discs in the shower heads. Also not getting hot water through to the vanity.The unit is approximately 8 yrs old and runs on bottled gas. Do these units require servicing at regular intervals.

Date PurchasedJun 2010

terry

terrySouth Australia

Very pleased

Crazykleetus

CrazykleetusAdelaide

Awesome unit. Never had a problem

I’m a Plumber/Gas fitter & Rinnai water heaters are fantastic. I’ve been using an infinity 26 at my home since 2011. Never had a single issue. As for people saying they get hot/cold fluctuations, 90% of the time it’s because you have a flow restrictor in your shower head. Remove the flow restrictor and the water heater will operate correctly

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Crazykleetus, it's true that flow restriction is usually the biggest issue people face with these type of units. Removing the restriction or installing controllers fix most of these problems.

CH1

CH1Melbourne

So far, so good

We just had this system installed to replace a gas storage system. It's working great so far: very hot water, on demand. The water stays nice and hot; you can set it higher than the recommended temperature at installation (45C I think?), and I thought I'd need to, but it's been hot enough for me -- even in the room furthest away. We don't have high demand (2 people) or run the unit for long (water-saving mentality!). Can't wait to get my next gas bill to see how much we're saving.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review CH1, there is a limit of 50 degrees for hot water deliver in bathroom areas which is a lot hotter than people realise. We are glad to hear the unit is working well for you.

No problem with Rinnai B24

This unit is a work horse, no problems , no issues, it was installed properly the first time and for the last 5 years it has just worked and worked; I would say, one really has to make sure the product is right for what you using and then I would advise to get a good tradesman to recommend and install the units. Good tradesman are getting harder to find so good luck with that.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Alex, your advice is very true, getting the right unit for your needs is very important and the right tradesman to make sure the job is done right.

Not Happy

The unit, just after 12 months, started to fail to ignite. Turned the hot water on and off for half an hour or so before it worked. It has stopped again, several times, when not run for a day or two.. Its now stopped again and I can't get it to work. Can smell the gas turning on but its not igniting.
Cold weather and absents seems to upset it.
It really upsets me.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Paul, as the unit it still within it's warranty period we would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue with the unit. This can be booked on 1300 555 545 option 2 for service.

SteCSydney, NSW

Dangerous and expensive to run, and the warranty is not honoured

We had problems with this unit since we bought it.Especially on colder days the ignition starts several seconds after we turn the hot water tap on, leaving our backyard full of gas and at times it even comes inside our house. When we bought the unit Rinnai forwarded our details to their area agent Jordans Gas Centres to do the installation. They have been out several times to check the unit but could not find the problem. We called Rinnai today who diverted our call back to Jordan's Gas Centres. Despite that the unit being still under warranty and we had problems with it from the beginning, they want our credit card details for payment before they even send someone out to have a look.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review SteC, we would like to investigate this matter further for you, can you email enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

Joe.Mc

Joe.McPerth

Frustrating

I have an solar hot water system with an Rinnai solar 20 gas booster. I have had issues with it not getting hot enough. I have checked temps in the bathroom and kitchen which are struggling to get to 40deg's. I checked the temp at the closest tape which is in the laundry, it only gets to 45deg's. Is there some way I can increase temperature to 50deg's +??

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Lee

LeeMelton South

Just reliable hot water every time!

Very happy with our Rinnai Infinity 16. Previously had a Bosch hydropowered which was very temperamental especially in the colder months. But not the infinity. Very reliable and consistent hot water. We did not purchase the temp controller, but did have a temp valve installed so we could have the unit preset at 60 degrees. Highly recomend this product.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Lee, we are very pleased to hear your new hot water unit is working so well for you.

LizMAU

Luke Warm Water

Had a temp controlled (50 degree) Infinity 20 installed a few weeks ago. Using a pool thermometer the delivered to shower temp seems to be around 38-40 degrees (just tolerable in winter - saving on gas and water tho as not hot enough to hang around). Contacted plumber who advises unit cannot be adjusted and to ring Rinnai. I ring Rinnai technical support, who, after a 40 minute wait in the queue, could not have appeared to be any less interested and suggested I ring the plumber. On current experience stay away from this unit/supplier.

LizM

Thank you Rinnae - I will do so however the temperature at the first bathroom, not three meters from the unit, is 38-40 not near 50.

excellent highly recommended

I bought an enviro 26 in 2010 and it has run like a clock ever since. Rinnai gave me and extra 10 years warranty on the heat exchanger when i bought a second temperature controller. Rinnai gave me $150 cashback after purchase. I am extremely happy with my Rinnai and would happily buy same again. I am about to buy another enviro 26 for my father - to replace his electric system that is junk and just costs $$$ to boil water all day. Many thanks Rinnai - top quality Japanese hot water systems :)

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Donaldo, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you.

Donaldo
Donaldo

Welkom!! It's a great product

Ian Haw

Ian Haw

All good then no spares

Had installed in brand new house. All good with hot water until one day not hot water. Checked unit and still igniting and couple of days of cold showers then hot again then cold again. Called local electricain who sought help from Rinnai. They explained a small part was the issue. Order put in for part to be later told that its a small part and dont sell spares and units are throw away and suggested buy new unit. Gobsmacked that a 3.5 yr unit is considered throw away....... unit eas hatd wired to power and no longer using gas or solar. Bill prices going up!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Trudy

Trudy

Great Product

The product is reliable, can change heat to how hot you want. Perfect for young children put it down to 40-41 for showering and I mostly put it to 55 for normal washing. Easy to use. Only complaint would be it does take a while to run hot in parts of the house that are further from the system. Great improvement on our old electric hot water Possibly would consider the enviro smart next time.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Trevor

TrevorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No hot water at all

We have had the B20 for about 2 years and have nothing but problems with it, having a shower and the hot water cutting out half way through, our plumber could not find a fault so Rinnai came out after insisting we pay a call out fee of $198.00, yes $198.00 CALL OUT FEE, they said it was our shower heads causing the problem but the same thing happens even when trying to fill the kitchen sink just to wash the dishes, piece of crap, ive clicked 1 star because there isn't a no star option

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Vicki

VickiSydney

Great, has saved us heaps on our gas bill

Date PurchasedJan 2018

SajAdelaide

No hot water at all

After reading other reviews there seems to be a consensus that the B20 has an inherent problem with no hot water at all especially when cold weather sets in. I had the plumber who installed it check it, he said it was ok. I had gas company check gas flow and that was ok. Then today there was no water flow at all again. Not happy wouldn't recommend Rinnai.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Saj, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your hot water service. We would like to look into this further for you if you can send through your details mentioning this review, we will be in touch.

Saj

No problems, can you send me a contact email as I dont want to post my details on this site. Regards Saj

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Saj, our email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au, please quote 1806-208622 as your reference number

Karen

KarenMelbourne

Much better than I thought!

After reading a few reviews, I was a little worried about switching from a gas storage hot water system to the infinity. However, we have been very impressed! We knew that our pipes needed to be upgraded to larger ones, so we actually had the new unit installed prior to the old one dying, so we had time to switch. The pressure is fantastic- so much so that I can barely tell if another shower , or the washing machine/dishwasher, is being used when I'm having mine. We now also have much more wall space outside, as the infinity is contained in a small unit, rather than the huge tank we had previously. Our plumber who installed the unit is actually considering installing one at his house, as part of his renovations. Thanks Rinnai!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review Karen, we are so pleased to hear the unit has been such a success. Correct installation makes all the difference and it's great to hear your plumber had done his homework regarding the pipework upgrade.

Rob H

Rob HWhyalla

B16 doesn’t work during winter

My B16 unit is only 5 years old, it works fine during summer but when the temperature drops and we turn the hot water on the pipes groan and there is no water pressure at all, after the sun comes up and the unit gets a little heat it’s all good again.

Date PurchasedJun 2013

Sarah R

Sarah RSydney

Too long to get hot water

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fluctuating temperature

Does anybody have issues with their Rinnai Infinity 26b ? Our unit is about 10 months old, and our water temperature drops from hot to cold. We have to then turn off the cold tap until the water goes hot, then adjust the temperature again. This can happen up to 3 times per shower

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Vince

Vinceasked

Infinity 26

Hi I currently have a inifinity 24 model do I need to change the pipes to install a infinity 26 model

Rinnai A.Rinnai

If you have previously experienced no issues with water flow or fluctuating temperatures the upgrade to the Infinity 26 can be adapted to the current pipework.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Garry

Garryasked

Infinity 16

Hi our Rinnai 16 is not firing up. The ignition does not seem to be kicking in. There is gas going to the system as I can smell it when it tries to ignite. I have checked the electric and the plug is ok
Thanks Garry

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Garry, if there is gas and power to the unit you may need to book a service call to diagnose the issue. You can book via our website here:
or contact us at 1300 555 545 option 2

Vyara

Vyaraasked

Infinity 26

We have just had a new infinty 26 installed and the water goes cold in the hand basin, and in the kitchen.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Vyara, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Infinity 26 Touch

2.6
Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

4.2
Rinnai Infinity 26 (Internal)

Rinnai Infinity 26 (Internal)

Rinnai Infinity 32

Rinnai Infinity 24
  • Discontinued

Rinnai Infinity 24

4.3
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)1650119513951650189516502079229918581683