Rinnai Infinity Range

Rinnai Infinity Range (page 3 of 11)

26, 20, 16, etc...

3.1

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
  • Smells of GasYes (2) · No (16)

Joe.Mc

Joe.McPerth

Frustrating

I have an solar hot water system with an Rinnai solar 20 gas booster. I have had issues with it not getting hot enough. I have checked temps in the bathroom and kitchen which are struggling to get to 40deg's. I checked the temp at the closest tape which is in the laundry, it only gets to 45deg's. Is there some way I can increase temperature to 50deg's +??

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just reliable hot water every time!

Very happy with our Rinnai Infinity 16. Previously had a Bosch hydropowered which was very temperamental especially in the colder months. But not the infinity. Very reliable and consistent hot water. We did not purchase the temp controller, but did have a temp valve installed so we could have the unit preset at 60 degrees. Highly recomend this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Lee, we are very pleased to hear your new hot water unit is working so well for you.

LizMAU

Luke Warm Water

Had a temp controlled (50 degree) Infinity 20 installed a few weeks ago. Using a pool thermometer the delivered to shower temp seems to be around 38-40 degrees (just tolerable in winter - saving on gas and water tho as not hot enough to hang around). Contacted plumber who advises unit cannot be adjusted and to ring Rinnai. I ring Rinnai technical support, who, after a 40 minute wait in the queue, could not have appeared to be any less interested and suggested I ring the plumber. On current experience stay away from this unit/supplier.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
LizM

Thank you Rinnae - I will do so however the temperature at the first bathroom, not three meters from the unit, is 38-40 not near 50.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai Infinity Range compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

DonaldoSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent highly recommended

I bought an enviro 26 in 2010 and it has run like a clock ever since. Rinnai gave me and extra 10 years warranty on the heat exchanger when i bought a second temperature controller. Rinnai gave me $150 cashback after purchase. I am extremely happy with my Rinnai and would happily buy same again. I am about to buy another enviro 26 for my father - to replace his electric system that is junk and just costs $$$ to boil water all day. Many thanks Rinnai - top quality Japanese hot water systems :)

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Donaldo, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you.

Welkom!! It's a great product

Ian Haw

Ian Haw

All good then no spares

Had installed in brand new house. All good with hot water until one day not hot water. Checked unit and still igniting and couple of days of cold showers then hot again then cold again. Called local electricain who sought help from Rinnai. They explained a small part was the issue. Order put in for part to be later told that its a small part and dont sell spares and units are throw away and suggested buy new unit. Gobsmacked that a 3.5 yr unit is considered throw away....... unit eas hatd wired to power and no longer using gas or solar. Bill prices going up!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Trudy

Trudy

Great Product

The product is reliable, can change heat to how hot you want. Perfect for young children put it down to 40-41 for showering and I mostly put it to 55 for normal washing. Easy to use. Only complaint would be it does take a while to run hot in parts of the house that are further from the system. Great improvement on our old electric hot water Possibly would consider the enviro smart next time.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Trevor

TrevorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No hot water at all

We have had the B20 for about 2 years and have nothing but problems with it, having a shower and the hot water cutting out half way through, our plumber could not find a fault so Rinnai came out after insisting we pay a call out fee of $198.00, yes $198.00 CALL OUT FEE, they said it was our shower heads causing the problem but the same thing happens even when trying to fill the kitchen sink just to wash the dishes, piece of crap, ive clicked 1 star because there isn't a no star option

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Vicki

VickiSydney

Great, has saved us heaps on our gas bill

Date PurchasedJan 2018

SajAdelaide

No hot water at all

After reading other reviews there seems to be a consensus that the B20 has an inherent problem with no hot water at all especially when cold weather sets in. I had the plumber who installed it check it, he said it was ok. I had gas company check gas flow and that was ok. Then today there was no water flow at all again. Not happy wouldn't recommend Rinnai.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Saj, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your hot water service. We would like to look into this further for you if you can send through your details mentioning this review, we will be in touch.

Saj

No problems, can you send me a contact email as I dont want to post my details on this site. Regards Saj

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Saj, our email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au, please quote 1806-208622 as your reference number

Karen

KarenMelbourne

Much better than I thought!

After reading a few reviews, I was a little worried about switching from a gas storage hot water system to the infinity. However, we have been very impressed! We knew that our pipes needed to be upgraded to larger ones, so we actually had the new unit installed prior to the old one dying, so we had time to switch. The pressure is fantastic- so much so that I can barely tell if another shower , or the washing machine/dishwasher, is being used when I'm having mine. We now also have much more wall space outside, as the infinity is contained in a small unit, rather than the huge tank we had previously. Our plumber who installed the unit is actually considering installing one at his house, as part of his renovations. Thanks Rinnai!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review Karen, we are so pleased to hear the unit has been such a success. Correct installation makes all the difference and it's great to hear your plumber had done his homework regarding the pipework upgrade.

Rob H

Rob HWhyalla

B16 doesn’t work during winter

My B16 unit is only 5 years old, it works fine during summer but when the temperature drops and we turn the hot water on the pipes groan and there is no water pressure at all, after the sun comes up and the unit gets a little heat it’s all good again.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Sarah R

Sarah RSydney

Too long to get hot water

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fluctuating temperature

Does anybody have issues with their Rinnai Infinity 26b ? Our unit is about 10 months old, and our water temperature drops from hot to cold. We have to then turn off the cold tap until the water goes hot, then adjust the temperature again. This can happen up to 3 times per shower

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Kate VBrighyon

Fluctuating water temperature

We have had the Rinnai 16 for a number of years, has been ok but a little temperamental with water fluctuating in the taps.
Taps can only run on hot or cold alone, otherwise as soon as the temperature is balanced the hot water will turn off. Recently our shower has started fluctuating from very hot to cold, I can see the wall control operation light turning on and off.
Do you know what the problem would be?
Ps I did leave this question in the Q&A section however my question disappeared. Thanks

Date PurchasedJan 2005
Kate V

Despicable Service and Harassment.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Simon L
Simon L

I appreciate the offer to investigate after my comments in this public forum, although after the treatment I have received I would rather not converse or do business with Rinnai any further. Extremely disappointing. Thank you

BrankaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful customer service do not buy rinnai

Never experienced such poor & unprofessional customer service from RINNAI.
Had an independent plumber review unit & advised fault code displayed. He submitted warranty claim. Rinnai sent tech to fix problem & advised it was a unit problem & demanded call out fee.
Rinnai authorized their technician to attend the job & they are responsible for costs associated with warranty claims.
I have been receiving verbal abuse & threats from rinnai's technicians. Im am disgusted this how rinnai treat their customers after paying $2200 for their product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Branka

Hello, thank you for your response. Rinnai has since paid the call out fee as per your warranty terms.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the update, we are glad to here the issue was resolved.

John RSydney, NSW

Luke warm water - no after sales help

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review John, we are sorry to hear the unit is not meeting your needs and expectations and would like to investigate further. Can you please email us your contact details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au and we will follow up with Jordans.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the update John, we will pass on your comments to Glenn and the team at Jordans. We are pleased that we have been able to resolve the issue for you and thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Terrible unit and service

Have had unit for 6 months and it cuts in and out with producing hot water. Is faulty and when ring people that put it in (Gas appliances sevice) if not warranted fault then is very costly. DO NOT BUY RINNAI units as they are far too expensive ($3,000) for what you get and they are totally unreliable. Go with what you know not infinity unit - warranty useless as up to electrician to say if warranted problem or not. Call out fees totally over the top and a rip off.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review GVT, we would like to investigate the issues you have had with the unit further. Please contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in contact.

What a joke

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Ingrid PSouthwest, VIC

Had since 2003 and going strong but....!

Had this heater since 2003 and has been flawless but just noticed recently(two months) that I have to set temperature 3 degrees higher to get same temperature as usual (set to 45 to get 42 temp now)...not sure if this is due to age of heater or if there is anything I can do?? Ingrid

Date PurchasedFeb 2004
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ingrid, due to the age of the heater we would suggest you book a Service Call to see what the problem is. you can contact Rinnai's 1sCare department on 1300 555 545 and select option 2 for Service

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the follow up Ingrid, glad to hear the technician (although young) was experienced enough to fix the problem.

Rob O

Rob Oasked

Infinity 26

We have an Infinity 26. Over the past week or two it has started to make a knocking sound, usually in the evening. This is not a water hammer, and no other water is being used in the house. I can stop the noise by turning off the GAS tap, and turning it on again causes the sound to start. It is 'cured' by opening a hot tap, allowing the unit to run briefly, and then closing hot tap.

Because it's the gas tap that solves the problem, I'm concerned that this is a symptom of some kind of gas leak and don't want to take any chances with safety.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Rob O, thanks for the enquiry. unfortunatly without attending site there is no way of being able to resolve this issue as the problem cannot be identified without inspection. We would recommend either booking a service call or a local plumber to inspect.

davidasked

Infinity 16

are you able to control the temperature on the rinnai infinity 16??
And if so how do you do it??

purplethings
purplethings

If I remember right, there was an optional extra you could purchase to adjust the temperature. We didn't get this though and haven't had any issues.

david

However this is not an answer!!!
I hope you are able to do better than this!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi David, you can purchase a temperature controller which are available on all the Infinity range. There are 4 different models available depending on your needs and multiple units can be added onto the system. More information on the models and their specifications can be found on the Rinnai Australia website here:

Once installed you can set the precise temperature the unit will produce.

Gina

Ginaasked

Infinity 26

Help me. I have tried calling your help line and can't get thru. No hot water. New hot water system. I have just had a baby. Please help me!!

Hi Gina,

We have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives