Rinnai Infinity Range

Rinnai Infinity Range (page 3 of 10)

16, 20, 26, 26 (Internal), 26 Enviro and 5 more

Fluctuating temperature

Does anybody have issues with their Rinnai Infinity 26b ? Our unit is about 10 months old, and our water temperature drops from hot to cold. We have to then turn off the cold tap until the water goes hot, then adjust the temperature again. This can happen up to 3 times per shower

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Kate VBrighyon

Fluctuating water temperature

We have had the Rinnai 16 for a number of years, has been ok but a little temperamental with water fluctuating in the taps.
Taps can only run on hot or cold alone, otherwise as soon as the temperature is balanced the hot water will turn off. Recently our shower has started fluctuating from very hot to cold, I can see the wall control operation light turning on and off.
Do you know what the problem would be?
Ps I did leave this question in the Q&A section however my question disappeared. Thanks

Date PurchasedJan 2005
Kate V

Despicable Service and Harassment.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Simon L
Simon L

I appreciate the offer to investigate after my comments in this public forum, although after the treatment I have received I would rather not converse or do business with Rinnai any further. Extremely disappointing. Thank you

BrankaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful customer service do not buy rinnai

Never experienced such poor & unprofessional customer service from RINNAI.
Had an independent plumber review unit & advised fault code displayed. He submitted warranty claim. Rinnai sent tech to fix problem & advised it was a unit problem & demanded call out fee.
Rinnai authorized their technician to attend the job & they are responsible for costs associated with warranty claims.
I have been receiving verbal abuse & threats from rinnai's technicians. Im am disgusted this how rinnai treat their customers after paying $2200 for their product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Branka

Hello, thank you for your response. Rinnai has since paid the call out fee as per your warranty terms.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the update, we are glad to here the issue was resolved.

John RSydney, NSW

Luke warm water - no after sales help

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review John, we are sorry to hear the unit is not meeting your needs and expectations and would like to investigate further. Can you please email us your contact details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au and we will follow up with Jordans.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the update John, we will pass on your comments to Glenn and the team at Jordans. We are pleased that we have been able to resolve the issue for you and thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Terrible unit and service

Have had unit for 6 months and it cuts in and out with producing hot water. Is faulty and when ring people that put it in (Gas appliances sevice) if not warranted fault then is very costly. DO NOT BUY RINNAI units as they are far too expensive ($3,000) for what you get and they are totally unreliable. Go with what you know not infinity unit - warranty useless as up to electrician to say if warranted problem or not. Call out fees totally over the top and a rip off.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review GVT, we would like to investigate the issues you have had with the unit further. Please contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in contact.

What a joke

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Ingrid PSouthwest, VIC

Had since 2003 and going strong but....!

Had this heater since 2003 and has been flawless but just noticed recently(two months) that I have to set temperature 3 degrees higher to get same temperature as usual (set to 45 to get 42 temp now)...not sure if this is due to age of heater or if there is anything I can do?? Ingrid

Date PurchasedFeb 2004
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ingrid, due to the age of the heater we would suggest you book a Service Call to see what the problem is. you can contact Rinnai's 1sCare department on 1300 555 545 and select option 2 for Service

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the follow up Ingrid, glad to hear the technician (although young) was experienced enough to fix the problem.

Steve

SteveMelbourne

Infinite hot water on demand, saves energy, lowers cost

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Steve, we are happy to hear the changeover to an Infinity has proved such an improvement in the delivery of hot water to your family. We wish you many more hot water years ahead.

Abbey68

Abbey68Melbourne

Can only use one hot water tap at a time!

I purchased this unit around a year ago, having been told it would be suitable for a family of four with 2 bathrooms. However it can only run one hot tap at any one time. If two hot water taps are turned on at the same time, one instantly cuts out, usually the shower furthest from the unit. This happens frequently, and the water takes some time to run hot again. This is not fun. We now have to co-ordinate our showers as it is not possible to run two showers at once. We cannot even run a kitchen tap and a shower at the same time. This is enormously frustrating and annoying. Definitely not suitable for a family home.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jonathan

JonathanMelbourne

Service is Professional

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jonathan, it's frustrating to hear of service providers not living up to their promises to be experts in our products. We are glad to hear the Rinnai technician was able to rectify the problem for you

joda5084

joda5084Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good

This water heater has been very good with no trouble at all the gas usage has been significantly less than the last continuous flow heater that this replaced we also splurged and had the controllers installed one general and one bathroom it is a real luxury to have a shower and not have to mix the hot water, we have a small house and while showering if another hot or cold tap is turned on there is no difference in the shower temperature just a bit less flow

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Joda5084, temperature controllers really do take the hassle out of adjusting the taps and you always know exactly how hot the water will be.

2600 rennai

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Not user friendly. Intermittent hot water.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Dave

DaveBatemans Bay NSW

a real problem

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Dave, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with your unit and would like to investigate further. Can you please contact us through our enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good in Theory, Not in Reality

Date PurchasedNov 2008
Howard

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. My unit does not have temperature controllers. I have to run a tap on full hot to get constant hot water. If I adjust the tap to warm the water goes cold. Can I add temperature controllers?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Howard. There does have to be a minimum flow rate through the unit, with the controllers it means it is just hot water flowing which can help with this. Controllers can be added both wired or wireless and can be ordered from any Rinnai stockist.

Not happy

Bought a brand new house and moved in 4 weeks ago and the builder installed the 16 unit per the developer. The hot water seems to come through quicker in the shower but the basic vanity tap seems to take ages and wastes a lot of water. This is also the case in my kitchen - not happy as want instant hot water and no wastage of water.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Tim

TimAdelaide

Ok when weather is warm, doesn't work in the cold

Date PurchasedOct 2015

John

JohnGoonengerry

Lightning strike

It was great till lightning hit my house now its dead as and no one is willing to help me ,,,,just shell out for a new one no way that's going too happen,,,,,and now I have to write an essay too submit this what a joke now is this long enough for you

Date PurchasedJan 2009

SheCanberra

Written Material about the product

I have searched the internet for 2 hours and I can find no reference as to whether or not the Infinity range 16, 20 B26, 26 requires an electrical power point at or near to the position of intended installation of the product. We need to find this information before we purchase the item.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
She

Thank you. I needed that information. We need to install it where there is no electricity. Your response is really appreciated. She

Vince

Vinceasked

Infinity 26

Hi I currently have a inifinity 24 model do I need to change the pipes to install a infinity 26 model

Rinnai A.Rinnai

If you have previously experienced no issues with water flow or fluctuating temperatures the upgrade to the Infinity 26 can be adapted to the current pipework.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Garry

Garryasked

Infinity 16

Hi our Rinnai 16 is not firing up. The ignition does not seem to be kicking in. There is gas going to the system as I can smell it when it tries to ignite. I have checked the electric and the plug is ok
Thanks Garry

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Garry, if there is gas and power to the unit you may need to book a service call to diagnose the issue. You can book via our website here:
or contact us at 1300 555 545 option 2

Vyara

Vyaraasked

Infinity 26

We have just had a new infinty 26 installed and the water goes cold in the hand basin, and in the kitchen.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Vyara, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Infinity 26 Touch

2.6
Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

4.2
Rinnai Infinity 26 (Internal)

Rinnai Infinity 26 (Internal)

Rinnai Infinity 32

Rinnai Infinity 24
  • Discontinued

Rinnai Infinity 24

4.3
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)1650119513951650189516502079229918581683