Rinnai Infinity Range

Rinnai Infinity Range (page 3 of 11)

26, 20, 16, etc...

• Smells of GasYes (3) · No (23)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Whistling Dixie

We bought rinnai infinity 26 ... everytime we use the hot water after turn the tap off, the unit whistler for 30 seconds ... very strange ! Never had this with my previous unit is. Is this normal because I ring the service people and they say it is the installer, got the installer out no problem with installation ( licences plumber ). We called back to rinnai with the plumber next to me and they couldn’t help us in any way ... is it normal or not ... I bought this unit as it was recommended but whistling Dixie is annoying ... the service team were rude and said $185 call out fee... if deemed installed wrong ... um it is not ... so I need help.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your review Nick. We are sorry to hear of your issues, please forward your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au so we can assist you further.

AmandaSydney, NSW

Hate it. Makes me miss our tank water heater.

Have the B26. Since the 1st day it was installed, we've regretted it. Expected the lag, but it uses so much water before it goes hot. Sometimes there is just no hot water at all. Mostly early mornings we need to cross our fingers, but now its during the day and I can't get it on anywhere in the house. The plumber came out twice - nothing wrong. Because it is intermittent, it is a nightmare.
I seriously miss our old tank hot water system. This was supposed to be "the best there is".

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Amanda

UPDATE- I spoke to Rinnai technical support who were quite helpful. I got enough information to go back a third time to the plumber. Seems ok now however will wait and see.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your update Amanda. We are pleased to hear our Technical support were able to help you with the information required.

Vipeesh K

Vipeesh KVictoria

Water is not hot and condensation on the solar panel

I have reported condensation issue on my solar panel and we had Rinnai technician came to fix this issue and they still can't fix this issue and going on with this issue for more than a month now. Why not get it replaced Rinnai? It is a brand new installed and within two weeks we noticed this condensation issue as well as water is not hot. I won't be happy till this solar panel is replaced since you already sent technician more than twice on the roof. Is this quality gone so bad?

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai Infinity Range compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Tony P.

Tony P.Sydney, NSW

Similar problem to Sarah

Date PurchasedJuly 2006
iangb

iangbPERTH

Fluctuating temp

I am starting to get temp fluctuating from hot to luke warm.I have removed the water saving discs in the shower heads. Also not getting hot water through to the vanity.The unit is approximately 8 yrs old and runs on bottled gas. Do these units require servicing at regular intervals.

Date PurchasedJune 2010
terry

terrySouth Australia

Very pleased

Crazykleetus

CrazykleetusMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awesome unit. Never had a problem

I’m a Plumber/Gas fitter & Rinnai water heaters are fantastic. I’ve been using an infinity 26 at my home since 2011. Never had a single issue. As for people saying they get hot/cold fluctuations, 90% of the time it’s because you have a flow restrictor in your shower head. Remove the flow restrictor and the water heater will operate correctly

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Crazykleetus, it's true that flow restriction is usually the biggest issue people face with these type of units. Removing the restriction or installing controllers fix most of these problems.

CH1

CH1Melbourne

So far, so good

We just had this system installed to replace a gas storage system. It's working great so far: very hot water, on demand. The water stays nice and hot; you can set it higher than the recommended temperature at installation (45C I think?), and I thought I'd need to, but it's been hot enough for me -- even in the room furthest away. We don't have high demand (2 people) or run the unit for long (water-saving mentality!). Can't wait to get my next gas bill to see how much we're saving.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review CH1, there is a limit of 50 degrees for hot water deliver in bathroom areas which is a lot hotter than people realise. We are glad to hear the unit is working well for you.

No problem with Rinnai B24

This unit is a work horse, no problems , no issues, it was installed properly the first time and for the last 5 years it has just worked and worked; I would say, one really has to make sure the product is right for what you using and then I would advise to get a good tradesman to recommend and install the units. Good tradesman are getting harder to find so good luck with that.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Alex, your advice is very true, getting the right unit for your needs is very important and the right tradesman to make sure the job is done right.

Not Happy

The unit, just after 12 months, started to fail to ignite. Turned the hot water on and off for half an hour or so before it worked. It has stopped again, several times, when not run for a day or two.. Its now stopped again and I can't get it to work. Can smell the gas turning on but its not igniting.
Cold weather and absents seems to upset it.
It really upsets me.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Paul, as the unit it still within it's warranty period we would recommend booking a service call to diagnose the issue with the unit. This can be booked on 1300 555 545 option 2 for service.

SteCSydney, NSW

Dangerous and expensive to run, and the warranty is not honoured

We had problems with this unit since we bought it.Especially on colder days the ignition starts several seconds after we turn the hot water tap on, leaving our backyard full of gas and at times it even comes inside our house. When we bought the unit Rinnai forwarded our details to their area agent Jordans Gas Centres to do the installation. They have been out several times to check the unit but could not find the problem. We called Rinnai today who diverted our call back to Jordan's Gas Centres. Despite that the unit being still under warranty and we had problems with it from the beginning, they want our credit card details for payment before they even send someone out to have a look.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review SteC, we would like to investigate this matter further for you, can you email enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

Joe.Mc

Joe.McPerth

Frustrating

I have an solar hot water system with an Rinnai solar 20 gas booster. I have had issues with it not getting hot enough. I have checked temps in the bathroom and kitchen which are struggling to get to 40deg's. I checked the temp at the closest tape which is in the laundry, it only gets to 45deg's. Is there some way I can increase temperature to 50deg's +??

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Lee

LeeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just reliable hot water every time!

Very happy with our Rinnai Infinity 16. Previously had a Bosch hydropowered which was very temperamental especially in the colder months. But not the infinity. Very reliable and consistent hot water. We did not purchase the temp controller, but did have a temp valve installed so we could have the unit preset at 60 degrees. Highly recomend this product.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Lee, we are very pleased to hear your new hot water unit is working so well for you.

LizMAU

Luke Warm Water

Had a temp controlled (50 degree) Infinity 20 installed a few weeks ago. Using a pool thermometer the delivered to shower temp seems to be around 38-40 degrees (just tolerable in winter - saving on gas and water tho as not hot enough to hang around). Contacted plumber who advises unit cannot be adjusted and to ring Rinnai. I ring Rinnai technical support, who, after a 40 minute wait in the queue, could not have appeared to be any less interested and suggested I ring the plumber. On current experience stay away from this unit/supplier.

LizM

Thank you Rinnae - I will do so however the temperature at the first bathroom, not three meters from the unit, is 38-40 not near 50.

DonaldoSouth East Queensland, QLD

excellent highly recommended

I bought an enviro 26 in 2010 and it has run like a clock ever since. Rinnai gave me and extra 10 years warranty on the heat exchanger when i bought a second temperature controller. Rinnai gave me $150 cashback after purchase. I am extremely happy with my Rinnai and would happily buy same again. I am about to buy another enviro 26 for my father - to replace his electric system that is junk and just costs $$$ to boil water all day. Many thanks Rinnai - top quality Japanese hot water systems :)

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Donaldo, we are pleased to hear the unit is working well for you.

Welkom!! It's a great product

Ian Haw

Ian Haw

All good then no spares

Had installed in brand new house. All good with hot water until one day not hot water. Checked unit and still igniting and couple of days of cold showers then hot again then cold again. Called local electricain who sought help from Rinnai. They explained a small part was the issue. Order put in for part to be later told that its a small part and dont sell spares and units are throw away and suggested buy new unit. Gobsmacked that a 3.5 yr unit is considered throw away....... unit eas hatd wired to power and no longer using gas or solar. Bill prices going up!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Trudy

Trudy

Great Product

The product is reliable, can change heat to how hot you want. Perfect for young children put it down to 40-41 for showering and I mostly put it to 55 for normal washing. Easy to use. Only complaint would be it does take a while to run hot in parts of the house that are further from the system. Great improvement on our old electric hot water Possibly would consider the enviro smart next time.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Trevor

TrevorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No hot water at all

We have had the B20 for about 2 years and have nothing but problems with it, having a shower and the hot water cutting out half way through, our plumber could not find a fault so Rinnai came out after insisting we pay a call out fee of $198.00, yes $198.00 CALL OUT FEE, they said it was our shower heads causing the problem but the same thing happens even when trying to fill the kitchen sink just to wash the dishes, piece of crap, ive clicked 1 star because there isn't a no star option

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Vicki

VickiSydney

Great, has saved us heaps on our gas bill

Date PurchasedJan 2018

SajAdelaide

No hot water at all

After reading other reviews there seems to be a consensus that the B20 has an inherent problem with no hot water at all especially when cold weather sets in. I had the plumber who installed it check it, he said it was ok. I had gas company check gas flow and that was ok. Then today there was no water flow at all again. Not happy wouldn't recommend Rinnai.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Saj, we are sorry to hear you are having issues with your hot water service. We would like to look into this further for you if you can send through your details mentioning this review, we will be in touch.

Saj

No problems, can you send me a contact email as I dont want to post my details on this site. Regards Saj

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Saj, our email address is enquiry@rinnai.com.au, please quote 1806-208622 as your reference number

Alby

Albyasked

Infinity 26 Touch

When I turn the outdoor bath hot tap on fully, the water heater shuts down. When I turn tap off , it reverts to 42 deg.
Too much volume / pressure to heat?

Hi Alby,

Thank you for your question. We would suggest contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 to discuss further.

JCashasked

Infinity 24

Hello. We had a new smart meter installed today. Hot water was working before install now not working. Gas and Electricity all connected. Rinnai REU-2424W-AK temperature controllers are not turning on. Any suggestions for troubleshooting please?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi JCash, our technical help desk can help troubleshoot over the phone and are available on 1300 555 545 option 3,

chuck h.

I have a sneeking suspicion that the voltage fluctuations from smart meters and also the installation of solar panels/ inverter and the "flow" on effect to the Rinnai are not just coincidences. You should get on to Rinnai and hopefully not have to wait too long to be answered and corrected.

JCash

Just had a local hot water tech come and check / fix the system. Oddly enough he took the cover off checked the fuses (which were fine) plugged them back in and the temp controllers are up and running again?? Couldn't actually locate a fault at all. I also have a sneaking suspicion the new smart meter could have something to do with the issue. At this point I'll just wait and hope that it doesn't happen again.

Tom Masked

Infinity 26

Our 7 year old Rinnai 26 water heating unit isn’t producing hot water. The two MC91Q-2A controllers are not displaying any lights or displays. Is there a fuse located in the unit or the controllers that can be accessed.? I will phone the technical helpline in the morning anyway, but perhaps an answer will be helpful to others.

chuck h.

Sorry Tom I don't know however if it is the control box and it has given up the ghost wait to you see the price for this almost useless appendage!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Tom M, the fuse relating to the controllers is an internal part and not customer serviceable. You can check power to the unit and the cables from the unit to the controller to make sure they are not damaged.

Kind regards

Tom M

Problem fixed with advice from the technical helpline. I had previously switched the Rinnai 26 water heating unit off and on at the power socket to no effect. However, switching it off , taking out the plug , reinserting and switching back on caused it to come back to life. This was advice form technical helpline. Had to then press the 2 buttons on RHS off each MC91Q-2A controller for them to operate.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 10 Rinnai Infinity Range
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)1650119513951650