Rinnai Infinity Range

Rinnai Infinity Range (page 4 of 11)

26, 20, 16, etc...

• Smells of GasYes (2) · No (22)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Sarah R

Sarah RSydney

Too long to get hot water

We have a reasonable sized house with 6 bedrooms and installed 2 x Rinnai 32 units at the end of last year on either side of the 1 1/2 storey house. All new 1 inch pipe work was put in as part of our renovation so we could run 2 showers at the same time. It is taking a minute 20 seconds to get water to some of the showers and 40 seconds in the kitchen. The plumber says I need to turn the hot water tap on fully and not the cold and once its boiling then adjust the hot tap to the desired temperature and then also turn on the cold tap. This is not practical with children. The plumber doesn't know what to do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fluctuating temperature

Does anybody have issues with their Rinnai Infinity 26b ? Our unit is about 10 months old, and our water temperature drops from hot to cold. We have to then turn off the cold tap until the water goes hot, then adjust the temperature again. This can happen up to 3 times per shower

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Kate VBrighyon

Fluctuating water temperature

We have had the Rinnai 16 for a number of years, has been ok but a little temperamental with water fluctuating in the taps.
Taps can only run on hot or cold alone, otherwise as soon as the temperature is balanced the hot water will turn off. Recently our shower has started fluctuating from very hot to cold, I can see the wall control operation light turning on and off.
Do you know what the problem would be?
Ps I did leave this question in the Q&A section however my question disappeared. Thanks

Date PurchasedJan 2005
Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rinnai Infinity Range compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Despicable Service and Harassment.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Simon L
Simon L

I appreciate the offer to investigate after my comments in this public forum, although after the treatment I have received I would rather not converse or do business with Rinnai any further. Extremely disappointing. Thank you

BrankaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful customer service do not buy rinnai

Never experienced such poor & unprofessional customer service from RINNAI.
Had an independent plumber review unit & advised fault code displayed. He submitted warranty claim. Rinnai sent tech to fix problem & advised it was a unit problem & demanded call out fee.
Rinnai authorized their technician to attend the job & they are responsible for costs associated with warranty claims.
I have been receiving verbal abuse & threats from rinnai's technicians. Im am disgusted this how rinnai treat their customers after paying $2200 for their product.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Branka

Hello, thank you for your response. Rinnai has since paid the call out fee as per your warranty terms.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the update, we are glad to here the issue was resolved.

John RSydney, NSW

Luke warm water - no after sales help

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review John, we are sorry to hear the unit is not meeting your needs and expectations and would like to investigate further. Can you please email us your contact details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au and we will follow up with Jordans.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the update John, we will pass on your comments to Glenn and the team at Jordans. We are pleased that we have been able to resolve the issue for you and thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Terrible unit and service

Have had unit for 6 months and it cuts in and out with producing hot water. Is faulty and when ring people that put it in (Gas appliances sevice) if not warranted fault then is very costly. DO NOT BUY RINNAI units as they are far too expensive ($3,000) for what you get and they are totally unreliable. Go with what you know not infinity unit - warranty useless as up to electrician to say if warranted problem or not. Call out fees totally over the top and a rip off.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review GVT, we would like to investigate the issues you have had with the unit further. Please contact us via enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in contact.

What a joke

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Ingrid PSouthwest, VIC

Had since 2003 and going strong but....!

Had this heater since 2003 and has been flawless but just noticed recently(two months) that I have to set temperature 3 degrees higher to get same temperature as usual (set to 45 to get 42 temp now)...not sure if this is due to age of heater or if there is anything I can do?? Ingrid

Date PurchasedFeb 2004
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Ingrid, due to the age of the heater we would suggest you book a Service Call to see what the problem is. you can contact Rinnai's 1sCare department on 1300 555 545 and select option 2 for Service

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the follow up Ingrid, glad to hear the technician (although young) was experienced enough to fix the problem.

Steve

SteveMelbourne

Infinite hot water on demand, saves energy, lowers cost

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Steve, we are happy to hear the changeover to an Infinity has proved such an improvement in the delivery of hot water to your family. We wish you many more hot water years ahead.

Abbey68

Abbey68Melbourne

Can only use one hot water tap at a time!

I purchased this unit around a year ago, having been told it would be suitable for a family of four with 2 bathrooms. However it can only run one hot tap at any one time. If two hot water taps are turned on at the same time, one instantly cuts out, usually the shower furthest from the unit. This happens frequently, and the water takes some time to run hot again. This is not fun. We now have to co-ordinate our showers as it is not possible to run two showers at once. We cannot even run a kitchen tap and a shower at the same time. This is enormously frustrating and annoying. Definitely not suitable for a family home.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Jonathan

JonathanMelbourne

Service is Professional

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jonathan, it's frustrating to hear of service providers not living up to their promises to be experts in our products. We are glad to hear the Rinnai technician was able to rectify the problem for you

joda5084

joda5084Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good

This water heater has been very good with no trouble at all the gas usage has been significantly less than the last continuous flow heater that this replaced we also splurged and had the controllers installed one general and one bathroom it is a real luxury to have a shower and not have to mix the hot water, we have a small house and while showering if another hot or cold tap is turned on there is no difference in the shower temperature just a bit less flow

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Joda5084, temperature controllers really do take the hassle out of adjusting the taps and you always know exactly how hot the water will be.

2600 rennai

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Not user friendly. Intermittent hot water.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Dave

DaveBatemans Bay NSW

a real problem

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Dave, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with your unit and would like to investigate further. Can you please contact us through our enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review and we will be in touch.

HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good in Theory, Not in Reality

Date PurchasedNov 2008
Howard

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. My unit does not have temperature controllers. I have to run a tap on full hot to get constant hot water. If I adjust the tap to warm the water goes cold. Can I add temperature controllers?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Howard. There does have to be a minimum flow rate through the unit, with the controllers it means it is just hot water flowing which can help with this. Controllers can be added both wired or wireless and can be ordered from any Rinnai stockist.

Not happy

Bought a brand new house and moved in 4 weeks ago and the builder installed the 16 unit per the developer. The hot water seems to come through quicker in the shower but the basic vanity tap seems to take ages and wastes a lot of water. This is also the case in my kitchen - not happy as want instant hot water and no wastage of water.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Tim

TimAdelaide

Ok when weather is warm, doesn't work in the cold

Date PurchasedOct 2015
John

JohnGoonengerry

Lightning strike

It was great till lightning hit my house now its dead as and no one is willing to help me ,,,,just shell out for a new one no way that's going too happen,,,,,and now I have to write an essay too submit this what a joke now is this long enough for you

Date PurchasedJan 2009

SomeGuy

SomeGuyasked

Infinity 26

Every time we have a power outage, after the power is restored, it's really hard to get hot water working again. I have to play around with the wireless remote control and turn on taps for over 20 minutes before it manages to ignite again.

Once ignited, it works fine until the next power outage... What causes it to be so hard to start again?

chuck h.

Had identical problem ! I guess the transceiver trips out and needs to be reset. You really don't need the remote at all. Just disconnect the transceiver cable at the quick connect (where the wire from the unit connects to the cable from the transceiver). The unit defaults to 50 degC and is hot enough and what's more still works after any power outage, almost instantaneously!

Hi SomeGuy,

Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

Claude Dasked

Infinity 24

Our infinity 24 keeps cutting out and switching on while showering. What would be causing this?

chuck h.

Claude, it was my experience with the Touch model that if you had a power outage or surge that the system stopped also. When I disconnected the lead to the transceiver everything was OK. I don't need to play with the remote as a the default 50 degC factory setting is good for us.
Ring the Rinnai service area early if tour unit is still under warranty. Does seem to be electrical switching but I'm not a plumber or sparkie.
I've also found that you need to run a steady volume of water when ON so if you play with the hot/cold levers it can cause the system to jump and you have to wait till it readjusts.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Claude D thank you for your question. There can be a number of reasons for the unit cutting out, the most typical relates to water flow through the unit. We would recommend speaking to our free help desk who can troubleshoot with you. They are available on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Thanks for your reply

Claude Dasked

Infinity 24

Our Infinity 24 keeps cutting out and switching on while having a shower. What would be causing this?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Claude D, we have responded on your previous post.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 10 Rinnai Infinity Range
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)1650119513951650